Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    It just doesn't make sense to me because Parrom is one of the smartest guys on the team. If it was something Momo or Horne did it wouldn't surprise me, when Parrom does it it makes me wonder if Miller needed to stress "no threes" on that possession.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    It just doesn't make sense to me because Parrom is one of the smartest guys on the team. If it was something Momo or Horne did it wouldn't surprise me, when Parrom does it it makes me wonder if Miller needed to stress "no threes" on that possession.
    Exactly. Miller needs to not take anything for granted with this team. It's got too much stupid on it, and, every once in a while, stupid settles in with the smart players too.

Horrible.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Especially when the dumbest guy on the team is also the one with the ball in his hands and is the most vocal one on the team. I can't wait for next year when Momo is in the off-the-bench combo guard role where he belongs.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Parrom needs to start. I never wanted him to start over Hill, because I think Hill does so much in the lane on both ends that goes overlooked, but Parrom is so much better than Fogg. He needs 30 minutes. When Fogg is healthy, I'd like to see a three wing lineup of Parrom, Fogg and Hill with Perry and Williams up front. That lineup has defense, shooting, smarts, fundamentals and hustle. What it's missing is glaring stupidity.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    The first UA has a pimp recruiting class for 2011.
    Pelfrey out. I've been told at least two of your star class will be as well per academic issues. Sucks. Depending on who they get to replace, that top-5 class scatters to the wind.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    5. Arizona vs. 12. Memphis
    4. Texas vs. 13. Oakland

Interesting pod out West. Texas has more talent, but Barnes doesn't typically coach his teams as far as seeding dictates. Should both teams advance, could be a good matchup. Cory Joseph at PG bothers me, though. We don't do great vs. good PGs.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Caught looking ahead. When the threes aren't falling, we suck.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    that Memphis game was a uva game to listen to on the radio

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    that Memphis game was a uva game to listen to on the radio
    I can imagine. It was fun and infuriating.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Derrick Williams is pretty good at basketball IMO

Believe.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Gonna be fun watching Tristan Thompson and Derrick Williams go at it on Sunday

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    He had some ups and downs at UA, but Salim is my favorite 'cat since Bibby.

The shots that guy hit. The one tragic failure in Olson's final years was not giving the ball to Salim in either the regulation tie or OT trailing in the Jimmy Chitwood moments vs. Illinois in 2005. Salim was a monster that year. I have no doubt if he, and not McClellan and Adams, had attempted the final shot, Arizona would have 5 FFs. Damn shame.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Williams returning for next season. I think this run has peaked his interests in what next year's team can do with a consistent Hill, Parrom and Momo with an improving Mayes and Kyryl, and those young studs coming in.

I remember the talk from Livengood about "winning the presser" with his new hire. Most thought Miller won the presser. Some of us considered him a homerun (myself, included). Better than expected.

In Miller I Trust

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    My favorite partially due to the fact I've become a lot more of a fan since beginning school at UA is by far Derrick Williams. Because of him, it only took two years to get back to the sweet 16 and if he stays we're contending next year. The fact I've met him and he was at a party I had doesn't hurt either, but he kept the program relevant and afloat when everyone was saying UA is about to enter a long rebuilding period. Jordan Hill stepping up during the 2008-2009 season and taking us to the sweet 16 when everyone thought Olson retiring would kill us is the reason he's my 2nd favorite player.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I remember seeing Elliott and pulling for the 'cats even back then, but through the years:

Damon Stoudamire
    Mike Bibby
    Salim Stoudamire
    Derrick Williams

Them's the four players I'd consider my favorites. Of course I loved Mills, Simon, erson, Arenas, Iguodala, Williams, Hill, but those four were my most revered.

I understand what you mean by meeting the player. I was in junior high when I first saw Bibby play at Shadow Mountain, what he meant to the boys team, my cousin meant to the girls team. A few games later, I met him. Pretty awesome of my cousin to pull clout and get her little cuz's hero to come over and say 'sup... Always loved watching good guards control a game. Back to KJ in the late 80s/early 90s, to Damon, to Bibby... Can't wait until PGU becomes PGU again. Not sure it'll ever achieve that fame again, especially with all the towers Miller is bringing in, but Mayes is showing flashes of being studly, Turner is a known stud, and they have their hooks into a few other studs for the future.

It's gonna be a tough game vs. Duke. I'm expecting foul trouble for Williams, and if the threes aren't falling, a long night. Doesn't mean they can't make it compe ive. If Williams remains in the game, and the threes are falling, Arizona can hang on the boards and defensively well enough to be right there.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    I'm happy as long as it's better than the Louisville game where they looked like a team that made the sweet 16 by fluke.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    And as great as the PGU label was, if Miller turns them into stud power forward U, I'm fine with that.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    That team had three players. While this team doesn't have the quality of those three in their top three, Williams is by far better than Wise, Budinger and Hill. If Hill can play anything like last game, and Mayes continues is good perimeter shooting, Cats can hang. If Jones is making shots and playing tough D, Williams isn't in foul trouble and Parrom or Fogg goes for double-digits, then the team can win. That's a lot of ifs, but they have the depth to make this compe ive. They just beat their first ranked team, it happened to be a top-10 ranked team on a court where the Texas fans outnumbers Arizona fans 2/3-to-1. They will be returning to a court where they'll gain the momentum of the crowd, and Duke hasn't won a meaningful road game all year. Make it a roady, and watch them squirm!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    And as great as the PGU label was, if Miller turns them into stud power forward U, I'm fine with that.
    It's very true, but in college, the guards win you les. It's necessary to have some size, but for every Sean May or Tyler Hansbrough that starred as the top player for a le team, there was an NBA quality PG in Felton and Lawson.

Gotta have the PG/SGs to contend. Miller knows. He was a PG. He's gone after the right types and is starting to land them.

It's hilarious to think at what Doron Lamb could be thinking this weekend if by miracle of miracles Arizona advances and Kentucky falls. He picked them for their likelihood of a tourney run. If he's at Arizona, they are a no-doubt Elite 8 team, and likely a Final 4 contender.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    If you wanna talk about what if 2010 recruits, Ray McCallum either feels really in dumb right now or is too in dumb to understand the giant mistake he made. He's watching a freshman PG with 100x less talent than he has score a career high in the 2nd round while he's a forgotten name on a team no one gives a about.

The list really goes on and on. Adrien Payne did nothing as a freshman on a program that turned into a mess this year. If Miller can make Kyryl a serviceable rotation player, I think he could do the same with Payne. The way Kyryl has given a good 15 minutes recently to piss off the other team's big man makes me want him around next year.

Selby is the only guy who undoubtedly made the right choice as Kansas has a cake walk to the final 4, but even then it's not like he's been a rock star for them this year. As good as the Morris brothers are, D-Will could do a lot more to make a PG look good.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Elite 8 es! Duke!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Derrick Mother in' Williams!

Arizona, es!

ELITE 8!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    U OF A. U OF A. U OF A. I am so ecstatic right, I can't even sleep.

So I am in Salt Lake on a business trip and missed out on one of the biggest parties the city of Tucson has ever had. !

My Team
    Michigan State Spartans
    Post Count
    Gratz Arizona. That was the first game of their's that I really watched. Is Williams really that good? He looked amazing out there last night.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    nice work Zona. I don't think UT could have pulled it off.

Thread Information