Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damnit, Taco, I post about a sweet new rig I'm building and then you have to trump the entire thread with that awesomesauce.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

btw, nice find there CH (not talking about the comp.)

id post pics of my chick but id have nothing to gain

mine made me tone down my gaming ALOT though
    I'd post pics of mine, except I don't have one. But I do have the love of a younger, more beautiful girl. But she's only 2, and my daughter, so yeah.

Anyway, I have to ask, steering this topic in a slightly different direction, are LED monitors worth the price? I see lots of LCD monitors going for about the same price as the LED counterparts, so I'm wondering if the LED has some flaw that is not being advertised.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    what do you need 4 video cards for???
    Why go to the moon?

Why climb Everest?

Why try and break the land speed record?

Because you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've ever had a problem with you on here and have even stuck up for you when people were exposing you as a long haired got with Spurs tattooed on your calves, but quit trying to convince everyone you're some cool guy and maybe you'll stop getting your feelings hurt and wont feel the need to try and impress people on a message board .

Anyways, awesome setup CH I spent $2,000 on my PC back in 2007 and this thing still runs pretty much every game on max so you should be good for a long time

you stuck up for me? hahaha i don't need you having my back on the internet, fool. stick up for yourself.

and who the am i trying to impress here on ST? i ain't trying to impress anyone here at all, you all.

now go suck off your girlfriend crybaby some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick up for myself? I don't try to play the part of internet badass so I don't have issues on a Spurs message board. If you get made fun of this much about your tattoo placement on a board full of Spurs fans, I can only imagine what people in your daily life are saying about you
    And wtf is "now go suck off your girlfriend crybaby some more"? Sounds like a failed attempt at an insult... lol calf tats

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Sometimes, I feel like I'm watching Stiller and that monkey slap fight in that one movie.

Except the monkey doesn't slap back in this instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and who the am i trying to impress here on ST? i ain't trying to impress anyone here at all, you all.
    Gee, I dunno....

i dont miss big clunky pc cases! Thank god im no nerd game playing fool.
    and every time i see a reply by you it makes me wonder how long it takes you to actually type it out with those fat in' marshmellow fingers of yours... hey fatty, go ride your stationary bike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick up for myself? I don't try to play the part of internet badass so I don't have issues on a Spurs message board.
    i'm trying to portray myself as an internet badass? wow, that's news to me. i'm sarcastic in nature and yall just don't get it i suppose, but i really don't care if yall don't.

you're truly upset cause i find the games you play to be "nerd games"? when you stop lying to yourself and accept the fact that they are what they are and you are what you are, then we will all be better off.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So, I was browsing around on Newegg yesterday looking for deals to add to my current system, and my fiancee noticed me looking through some parts. She said, "You should just build a new computer and buy it." I played it off like she was joking, but she wasn't, and said we could afford to splurge a bit on the system. So I put together a rig and pulled the trigger.

I ended up spending more money than I anticipated, but the upside of this system is that I will not need to seriously upgrade any parts for the next 4-5 years other than adding a second 6950 in probably 2014. I can't wait to get this thing in my house and slap it together!

Case:
    COOLER MASTER HAF 922

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119197

Mobo:

ASUS P8H67-M EVO LGA 1155 - 4 RAM slots with a max expandable to 32 gigs of memory, Quad SLI/Crossfire ready.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131689

Processor:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost). The Sandy Bridge is the newest architecture from Intel. I almost went with an AMD Hexacore processor here, but upon reviewing the benchmarks, I really couldn't turn down going Intel. They are just better than AMD for processing power now, especially for games. The overclocked i5 will actually outperform i7 in a lot of applications, so it made sense to save money here and go with the cheaper CPU. Plus, my Q6600 has been such a beast of a processor that I kind of feel like it's worth it to stay with Intel in this stage.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

RAM:

8 GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 1600 mhz DDR3 ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231311

Video Card:

ATI Radeon 6950 with 2 GB of memory. This thing is awesome for the price. I almost went with a GTX 570, but considering this is $60 cheaper, I could put that $60 toward a crossfire solution in the future. The flashed version of the 6950 makes it a 6970, which offers performance on par with the 570 and actually will outperform it due to the extra memory (2 GB vs 1280mb) at high resolutions.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150518
    (Will be unlocking this to a 6970 )

Brick Viva

I went overkill here to get a PSU that would support crossfire with no worries.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139009

Storage hard drive:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136592

OS boot drive:
    From BIOS config to Windows in ~12 seconds. Unbelievable speed. I went overboard here too, I really didn't need a flash drive for my OS but I couldn't resist.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148357

Optical drive and Sound card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827135204
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102003

This is my first truly "dream" system since I bought a Dell XPS2 laptop with the 6800 Ultra (a GPU even desktops didn't have at the time). Man, I'm totally stoked about it.

This will also be the first time I've assembled a computer from scratch in quite a while. I'll probably be throwing an aftermarket cooler on the CPU in the near future, but for now I just want it to get here so I can max out Bad Company 2 and pwn some noobs.

Solid rig. I built a mid-range tower back in '09 for about $800, but I can't wait to build a beast next year.

And honestly, I don't see why anyone has to choice between consoles or PC. I have a 360, PS3 and PC, all of which I use for different games. Best of all worlds -- they're not really that expensive. I know mother ers that spend the same amount of money buying coffee for a month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm trying to portray myself as an internet badass? wow, that's news to me. i'm sarcastic in nature and yall just don't get it i suppose, but i really don't care if yall don't.
    Only you would translate a guy asking another guy for pics of his fiancee to, "OMG GUY ON GUY ACTION." You have some serious issues stuff in that closet of yours, kw.

you're truly upset cause i find the games you play to be "nerd games"? when you stop lying to yourself and accept the fact that they are what they are and you are what you are, then we will all be better off.

For starters, I couldn't really care less. I'm a nerd and pretty damn open and honest about it. I'm completely comfortable with that fact, but the fact that you really think I care about such a mild label is pretty damn hilarious. I'm also with a woman who is so attractive that you actually accused me of taking a "random photo" with her at the bar. Dude, it's not my fault that I'm dating a chick who's so hot you can't even fathom asking her out. Here, have another photo of us, on me, no charge.

There you go koriwhat. Yep. I'm a nerd. See what all those nerdy hobbies have done to my social life!?!?!

Secondly, you are a male secretary who has tattoos of his favorite basketball team on his calves, posting on an internet forum for basketball, in a section called, "The Geek Zone", a forum that you have made numerous posts about pertaining to your love of all things Apple. Yes, you have a -ton of room to be calling other people nerds and telling them they need to accept themselves. Just how the do you reconcile calling other people nerds, pretending it's such a derogatory term, while you have 7200+ posts to an internet forum? If calling me a "nerd" assists you in salvaging or recovering some of your ego, by all means go for it. I'm happy to help.

But keep this in mind: I have an awesome new computer, a beautiful fiancee, and a good life. You have a part time job and calf-tats. I win. You ing lose.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-25-2011 at 08:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first shipment of parts arrived.

Today I got the mounting bracket for my SSD, the 1.5 TB internal hard drive, the 64 GB SSD drive, my first optical 24x DVDRW+- drive, and the ATI Radeon 6950. The video card is pretty decent size, and seems incredibly well put together. I got a double lifetime warranty on it, so I think I'm GTG in that aspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...calling other people nerds, pretending it's such a derogatory term, while you have 7200+ posts to an internet forum?
    That's what I never understood, these ing s that talk online because someone plays a PC game or is really into something when they probably spend just as much time on the internet for recreation, if you can call posting on a forum and being abused daily recreation at least. "Hey I know I spend 8 hours a day on here, but I spend my 8 hours way cooler than you spend yours." I can name HUNDREDS of successful "nerds" that get a ton of pussy, I can't name one guy with calf tats in the world that does the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way koriwhat, my fiancee said she wanted to show you what her tattoos look like, just for the sake of comparing them to good ol' calf tats. So here you go:

vs.

Enjoy staring at that a little while.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only you would translate a guy asking another guy for pics of his fiancee to, "OMG GUY ON GUY ACTION." You have some serious issues stuff in that closet of yours, kw.

For starters, I couldn't really care less. I'm a nerd and pretty damn open and honest about it. I'm completely comfortable with that fact, but the fact that you really think I care about such a mild label is pretty damn hilarious. I'm also with a woman who is so attractive that you actually accused me of taking a "random photo" with her at the bar. Dude, it's not my fault that I'm dating a chick who's so hot you can't even fathom asking her out. Here, have another photo of us, on me, no charge.

There you go koriwhat. Yep. I'm a nerd. See what all those nerdy hobbies have done to my social life!?!?!

Secondly, you are a male secretary who has tattoos of his favorite basketball team on his calves, posting on an internet forum for basketball, in a section called, "The Geek Zone", a forum that you have made numerous posts about pertaining to your love of all things Apple. Yes, you have a -ton of room to be calling other people nerds and telling them they need to accept themselves. Just how the do you reconcile calling other people nerds, pretending it's such a derogatory term, while you have 7200+ posts to an internet forum? If calling me a "nerd" assists you in salvaging or recovering some of your ego, by all means go for it. I'm happy to help.

But keep this in mind: I have an awesome new computer, a beautiful fiancee, and a good life. You have a part time job and calf-tats. I win. You ing lose.
    you win? hahahaha! just like a nerd to say that .

btw, your chick is alright, she ain't the bomb. stop kidding yourself fool, she's probably the best you've had so i understand. it's all good.

as for the whole "guy on guy" comment and the other one about "random chick in bar photo", it's called sarcasm you in' nerd!

i'll check back on this thread when you're in your late 20's and making threads about what doctor to see about hair plugs and about how your "hot" wife left you.

you win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    women don't like my calf tats
    It's okay koriwhat, you keep enjoying that single life, since it's obviously not by choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf, is she middle-eastern? wtf is that tattoo? she got a tramp stamp on the back too? haha

tell her she can come down to TX and i'll tat her up right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's okay koriwhat, you keep enjoying that single life, since it's obviously not by choice.
    single life is great! wtf would i want to be tied down at this time? i don't care for marriage.

that's something you don't understand because i'm sure that's been your little dream since you were a child... to marry a 6 and flaunt her like she's a 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

koriwhat criticizing someone else's tattoos. Possibly the stupidest thing ever written on SpursTalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spin this, spin that...

i criticized her tattoo? i simply asked what it was. god damn, you'd think a balding nerd like you would know the difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your turn playboy!

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    measuring contest in the Geek Zone = awesomenes

koriwhat, wtf are you doing in here anyway if you dont claim to be a nerd?

go flaunt your stupid i-pad elsewhere.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 01-25-2011 at 09:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His gf is pretty hot I'm not sure how you can really try to talk about her considering what you've probably had in your lifetime got. And the whole "Why would you want to be tied down? Single life is awesome!" bit wreaks of the fat nerd in middle school saying he doesn't want to date anyone because nobody is mature enough for him...keep trying to talk yourself out of feeling like a complete got. I think a girl would rather bang a dude into gaming than they would a guy with calf tats, I can just see the reaction people must have when they see that . I'm probably one of the biggest fans on this board, and if I saw that I would wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So um, back to my LED monitor question. Yay or nay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need the upper half of this pic for "proof"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So um, back to my LED monitor question. Yay or nay?
    LED is the way to go. It's pretty awesome, IMO.

Thread Information