My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl you do look like a kid on christmas morning

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like a great setup. i love how everythings top of the line and then you have a generic keyboard/mouse combo . are you selling your old pc online or to someone you know?
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 01-29-2011 at 03:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oi ,

the side 20mm fan, did you pull it out cause it made contact with the psu?

the only problem i have with ur case and any case with mesh at the top, the tower if seated next to a table on the floor better make sure no cups of water is next to it or even on table, i have mine on the table i need to m ake some space if im adding a 2nd monitor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like a great setup. i love how everythings top of the line and then you have a generic keyboard/mouse combo . are you selling your old pc online or to someone you know?
    I use a basic keyboard because gaming keyboards take up too much room and they're actually less efficient for games like Starcraft II. Almost every pro I know uses a very basic keyboard, and it does make a difference.

The mouse however, isn't quite generic. It's a Razer DeathAdder. Best mouse I've ever used.

oi ,

the side 20mm fan, did you pull it out cause it made contact with the psu?
    Not sure what you mean by this...

the only problem i have with ur case and any case with mesh at the top, the tower if seated next to a table on the floor better make sure no cups of water is next to it or even on table, i have mine on the table i need to m ake some space if im adding a 2nd monitor
    My case is well under the desk. If I spill anything, the only thing it's going to hit is my mousepad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mesh on the left plate of box

isnt there meant to be a huge ass 20mm fan there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mesh on the left plate of box

isnt there meant to be a huge ass 20mm fan there?
    Not by default. You can add one if you need to. I can't imagine a case needing MORE airflow though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good powerful computer, clunky ty looking case.

on the hardware though, on the OS and case + screen.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not like he's taking it around with him like a laptop. i dont see in logic in hating on it because its "clunky."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not like he's taking it around with him like a laptop. i dont see in logic in hating on it because its "clunky."
    not hating on him at all. totally understandable and the size of the case is warranted with all that's in it.

don't twist my words, totally sick of yall doing so 'cause that's all yall know how to do it seems.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a gaming system. What operating system should he put on it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a gaming system. What operating system should he put on it?
    not the same one i like. haha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So let me get this straight, it's a bad case because it looks industrial/military and does exactly what it's supposed to? I bought the case specifically because just by looking at it you can tell that there's some serious hardware under the hood, and because I think it looks like it could have a landmine go off near it and survive.

What, in your mind, is a good computer case? What looks attractive to a guy with long hair and calf tats?

not hating on him at all. totally understandable and the size of the case is warranted with all that's in it.

don't twist my words, totally sick of yall doing so 'cause that's all yall know how to do it seems.
    And all you know how to do is talk and then when people call you out on it, you play the denial game and sob about how, "No one understands you".

You talk . It's in 90% of your posts, especially in The Geek Zone. Stating afterward that you aren't doing so doesn't change anything. Everyone calls you out on it and you're too ing idiotic to realize that you should be a man and admit it. Instead, you'd like to continue to further your reputation as the worst poster on Spurstalk by playing the denial game like some 5 year old who got caught eating cookies and then trying to say he never touched them. Why are you here when 99.9% of the people on this site despise you? It just seems to me that if I had made a fool out of myself as many times as you have on this site, I'd get an ounce of common sense or stop posting.

By the way, a new 23" 1920x1080 LED backlit display is in the mail, so off.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-29-2011 at 09:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats CH!

Here is what I finally decided on. Came out to about $980!

Case: Cooler Master Storm series scout

Graphics card: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

CPU:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

MB:GIGABYTE AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard

memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

SSD: G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (Model:FM-25S2S-60GBP2)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice Twankies. I was concerned about some of the reviews I'd read on the Scout about improper grounding. It was between that and the Cooler Master. Sweet looking case though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, in your mind, is a good computer case? What looks attractive to a guy with long hair and calf tats?
    something more modern and less 1990, something you don't pop 4 big wheel tires on and haul the neighbors trash away in, and something less military considering your punkass couldn't even last 1 minute in a ring with me let alone bootcamp at randolph afb.

the sky is blue.

Why are you here when 99.9% of the people on this site despise you?
    i stick around to piss your little ass off as much as possible. you don't get it by now? i signed up after reading a bunch of posts by you and decided it was time to stuff your , in' .

By the way, a new 23" 1920x1080 LED backlit display is in the mail, so off.
    you'll def need it to check out bosleymedical.com & abercrombie.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I might build a media center PC to replace my old desktop but I am not too sure. I'm assuming I could do it for 400 or under since all I really need is space (and lots of it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm trying to portray myself as an internet badass? wow, that's news to me. i'm sarcastic in nature and yall just don't get it i suppose, but i really don't care if yall don't.
    something more modern and less 1990, something you don't pop 4 big wheel tires on and haul the neighbors trash away in, and something less military considering your punkass couldn't even last 1 minute in a ring with me let alone bootcamp at randolph afb.
    Internet tough guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i signed up and decided it was time to stuff your , in' .
    And koriwhat comes completely out of the closet. Not surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I might build a media center PC to replace my old desktop but I am not too sure. I'm assuming I could do it for 400 or under since all I really need is space (and lots of it).
    Your best bet there might be to look around on craigslist.

But yeah, if you only need storage, you could easily assemble a nice system yourself, if you know how to wire components in a case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet tough guy.
    haha! you're such a i can't stop

And koriwhat comes completely out of the closet. Not surprising.
    u wish ms abercrombie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now waiting on this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824005196

S'gonna be awesome.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, that looks like the one I was looking at. It wouldn't be $180 now would it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He included a link - you could have checked the price.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    BTW, thats a rockin' new system. Seriously, 15 secs from power button to FF? Thats ing ridiculous.

That is something I need to upgrade, my monitor. Its old, son, real old. Still have to use DVI cords, old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, thats a rockin' new system. Seriously, 15 secs from power button to FF? Thats ing ridiculous.

That is something I need to upgrade, my monitor. Its old, son, real old. Still have to use DVI cords, old.
    DVI isn't bad, it can handle HD resolutions with no sweat. VGA is when you know you're still using some pretty old stuff.

Yeah, when I get the new monitor I'm probably going to upload a video of the computer booting. It's seriously incredible.

Thread Information