Page 26 of 160 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 Hook 'Em corrected their original report on WR Dominique Wheeler and it turns out that Bo Davis was the only coach at Crockett HS today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If you go back to a post I made on 4/20, you'll see that Darrell Wyatt was scheduled to be in Springfield, MO to check on WR Dorial Green-Beckham. There hasn't been much to report since that date, but it turns out that the visit never happened because it was re-scheduled for a time that Green-Beckham's father (also his high school coach) could be there to meet with Wyatt. Texas has made it a point to not make any visits or calls unless his father is around. He was scheduled to be in Memphis that day tending to his other son, Darnell, who is receiving cancer treatment at St. Jude. Anyway, Wyatt did make it to Missouri yesterday and the word is Texas is "squarely in the mix" along with three or four other schools (Arkansas, Mizzou, OU and likely Alabama). I know that the staff originally wanted to use their one phone call as a conference call of sorts between Mack Brown, Wyatt, Green-Beckham and his father. No word if anything like that went down, but I'll let you know. Looks like UT is in this one for the long haul.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sherman is throwing out offers like crazy, two new commits for a&m.
    The two players have a combined number of 3 offers, 2 from a&m and 1 from pitt.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sherman is throwing out offers like crazy, two new commits for a&m.
    The two players have a combined number of 3 offers, 2 from a&m and 1 from pitt.
    Thanks, Pop.

Yeah, they're already at 22 (the total of their 2011 class). I can't help but feel like they're moving a bit too fast on certain guys, but they may very well want to wrap up as many as they can if they aren't feeling too confident about the bigger fish. How do our Aggies feel about how this class filling up so quickly?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods this morning, it looks like ATH Nelson Agholor will be visiting Austin in early June for Texas' summer camp. Nothing to get hyped about just yet, but having him make a visit UT is obviously a huge deal with him being a five-star, out-of-state prospect. Combine that with the fact that other commitments and recruits will likely be on campus at the same time, there's potential for UT to put themselves in a good spot. We'll likely hear more about this development after his high school's spring training is over and he can focus on his summer agenda.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More awesome news this morning...OL Andrus Peat of Corona Del Sol is yet another five-star prospect that will be in Austin for the June 5th summer camp. He confirmed this morning that he's making his flight arrangements. Bryan Harsin made a stop by his high school on Monday afternoon to watch him work out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    *OL Tre'Von Armstead of Port Arthur Memorial has committed to Baylor.

*ATH Bralon Addison of Fort Bend Hightower has finally committed to Texas A&M.

*Latest updates from Recruitocosm:

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011...-depth-charts/

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011...n-texas-radar/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Tim Cole of Brenham announced today that he will be participating in the 2012 US Army All-American Game. He'll join DE Hassan Rideway as the second Longhorn commitment to play in the game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some Monday morning stuff to cover our bases...

*QB Connor Brewer took part in the Stanford Elite 11 camp this past weekend. I've attached a story on the event below. Depending on what source you read, Brewer was arguably the most "polished" prospect in attendance. Words like "accuracy" and "intangibles" were used to describe his game throughout the event. Peformances like he had this past weekend should push him into the Rivals 100 eventually. Regardelss of his national ranking, UT is getting the best signal caller in the country for Bryan Harsin's needs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6547312

*OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega is still planning on making an unofficial visit to Austin this month, but as of right now he won't be attending Texas' June 5th summer camp along with the other 2012 commitments and key recruits. He'll be in Rockwall participating in Texas Tech's camp instead. It seems odd and not very smart on Starts' part to forgo the biggest UT camp of the year in favor of a smaller Texas Tech camp that's not even taking place in Lubbock, but that's the plan as of right now. I wouldn't go as far to say that Texas would stop recruiting him or anything drastic like that, but needless to say it wouldn't look good because the staff has made that June 5th camp date such a priority. Hopefully the coaching staff will emphasize the importance of him being there and things will change. Unfortunately, Starts' desire to play defense has been a thorn in Texas' side and leveled the playing field with other schools. He's simply a guy that's going at his own pace right now.

*OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson has confirmed that he'll be in attendance for the June 5th summer camp. The end of school is drawing closer and there are still no plans for any out-of-state visits. It's no secret that Estelle's parents are none too pleased with the idea of making trips to Alabama and Florida State on their own dime (especially when they like Texas so much), so we'll continue to wait and see how this shakes out. Like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me at all if those trips never happened. He'll be camping in Austin with the 2012 commitments before any of those unofficial visits take place, so maybe being around those guys, talking to the coaches, seeing the facilities and being on campus again will give him that nudge he needs to go ahead and pull the trigger. He's already admitted that he'll most likely end up in-state and that recruiting is difficult due to his busy schedule. Estelle was at the state track meet in Austin this past weekend but he didn't have the opportunity to meet with any of the coaches.

*A guy we've discussed before who was also in Austin this weekend for the state track meet is 2013 OL Jake Raulerson of Celina. He and his family had been in touch with the staff previously and set aside some time to drop by the coaching offices. They ended up chatting with almost the entire staff, had a one-on-one with Stacy Searels and even sat down with Mack Brown. He then took a tour of the facilites with Oscar Giles. He confirmed that he'll be camping in Austin on June 12th (a second camp for the younger prospects) and said Searels is expected to go by his school for a visit in a couple of weeks. Raulerson will likely be recruited at the national level next year if he can gain some good weight (he weighs in at 250 lbs). I wouldn't put him ahead of guys like OL/DL Darius James of Killeen Harker Heights, OL Kent Perkins of Dallas Lake Highlands or OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson of FW Arlington Heights, but he has a good shot to be in the top tier of OLs for the 2013 class. This recruitment could get interesting if any Florida schools were to enter the picture. Raulerson happens to be a Florida transplant who grew up in Gainseville and has family ties to the University of Florida.

*Speaking of OL Kent Perkins of Dallas Lake Highlands, he was scheduled to be in Austin this past weekend for an unofficial visit, but no word if that went down.

*More on JUCO DE Denico Autry of East Mississippi CC...he had this to say to UGASports (Georgia's Rivals site) this weekend:

"Two schools I know that will get official visits are Alabama and Texas," said Autry. "I will be looking to see what the campus is like and comparing which ones I feel comfortable with."

I still have a hard time believing the staff will pursue Autry seriously because of Mack Brown's disdain for JUCOs, but take that for what it's worth. If the official visit does take place, it won't be until later this fall. The UT coaches could decide it's not worth pursuing at that point depending on what the 2012 class looks like at that time. Autry has plans to graduate in December and will likely be able to participate in spring ball of 2012. He will end up having three years to play two seasons thus giving him the opportunity to redshirt if need be.

*The most random news of the weekend has to do with one of Texas A&M's biggest targets...DE Denzel Devall of Bastrop, LA has confirmed that he will be in Austin on June 5th for UT's summer camp. He decided to stop through because he plans on camping in College Station around the same time. I honestly don't know how serious the interest is from either party because this development is so new, but I do know that Devall was the one to initiate contact with UT when he called Bo Davis a while back. Follow me on this possible scenario...this visit could've been encouraged by DE Torshiro Davis' coach, DeCarlos Holmes. Holmes used to coach at Bastrop HS (where Devall plays) before moving over to Woodlawn HS in Shreveport. Seeing as how Holmes is such good friends with (Bo) Davis and is aware of the kind of prospect Devall is, he could've called Bastrop's coach and told them to contact Texas to see what they're all about. June 5th will be a huge recruiting day for UT, so we'll see if contact with Devall continues passed that point.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...l-Devall-98653

*Another interesting story I came across has to do with a second Texas A&M target in LB Dalton Santos of Van. Santos is currently listed as a "soft verbal" to Oklahoma State, but he's one guy who's seen his stock rise during the spring evaluation period. He was recently added to the 2012 Under Armour All-American Game roster and is seeing more and more schools come by his high school all of the time. In fact, Alabama really threw a wrench into his recruitment when they came through and offered last week. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Santos doesn't end up in Stillwater. Anyway, Stacy Searels visited Van HS last Monday for a regular school stop and learned about Santos being a lifelong fan of the Longhorns and how the previous UT staff literally paid him no attention (not even a letter). Word got back to Manny Diaz and he personally called Santos to apologize on behalf of the program for not giving him a more thorough look. He let him know that scholarships were tight at the moment, but that they were interested and he had an invitation to Texas' June 5th summer camp should he want to take a trip to Austin. While the chances of getting Santos to campus are slim, I thought this was worth mentioning because it speaks volumes as to what kind of guy Texas has in Diaz. He understands the importance of relationships.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Santos-109994

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A new name that Texas will be evaluating from this point forward is DT Tomme Mark of Lufkin. Bo Davis stopped by his high school on Wednesday of last week and apparently "loved" him. He has an invitation to camp in Austin on June 5th and says he has plans on being there. Lots and lots of names to be in town in a couple of weeks.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...me-Mark-116641

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wanted to add that DE Denzel Devall of Bastrop, LA will be attending the June 5th summer camp with his coach. He also says Texas is currently in his "top five" and will only go higher should things progress.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some state track meet results in this article that some of y'all might be interested in. It sucks that DB Justin Thomas of West Orange-Stark probably won't be getting an offer.

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011...ave-in-common/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just to elaborate a bit more on OL Michael Starts...even if he doesn't change his plans to make the June 5th summer camp but still makes it to Austin soon for an unofficial visit, that could keep him in a favorable position with the coaches going forward (especially Mack Brown). From the eyes of Brown, it just doesn't look good for Starts when you have guys like OL Andrus Peat and OL Vadal Alexander flying halfway across the country on their own dime to attend the camp and he won't drive two hours from Waco. On top of that, he's going to attend the camp of one of Texas' rivals that same weekend in a city that's actually further away than Austin. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on ATH Daniel Brooks of Rockdale...UT has invited him to their first UT summer camp on June 5th, but there's still no word if he's going to jump on that opportunity. He wants to be assured a look on the offensive side of the ball before he camps anywhere and I think there's fear he'll get his OU offer pulled should he visit Austin in a couple of weeks. Right now he doesn't have much motivation to make a move one way or the other when he's comfortable with his commitment to the Sooners. Texas will continue to pursue this one, though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just found out that the remainder of the 2011 class will be enrolling on June 3rd, 4th and 5th. The first summer semester starts the following Monday on June 6th. Here's who we got:

RB, Joe Bergeron, North Mesquite
    RB, Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele
    OL, Josh Cochran, Hallsville
    OL, Taylor Doyle, Austin Lake Travis
    OL, Sedrick Flowers, Galena Park North Shore
    OL, Garrett Greenlea, Klein Collins
    OL, Marcus Hutchins, DeSoto
    WR, Miles Onyegbule, Arlington
    WR, Jaxon Shipley, Brownwood
    DT, Desmond Jackson, Spring Westfield
    DT, Quincy Russell, San Antonio Sam Houston
    DE, Cedric Reed, Cleveland
    LB, Steve Edmond, Daingerfield
    LB, Kendall Thompson, Carthage
    DB, Sheroid Evans, Fort Bend Dulles
    DB, Leroy Scott, South Houston
    DB, Josh Turner, Millwood (Oklahoma City, OK)
    ATH, Mykkele Thompson, San Antonio Stevens

Already Enrolled

QB, David Ash, Belton
    TE, M.J. McFarland, El Paso El Dorado
    LB, Chet Moss, Cedar Park
    DB, Quandre Diggs, Angleton
    Last edited by TFloss32; 05-17-2011 at 04:43 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe i'll see them there, I have orientation on the 6th-8th

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Dominic Ramacher of Denton Guyer committed to Oklahoma State over the weekend.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...amacher-122502

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe i'll see them there, I have orientation on the 6th-8th
    Seriously, Pop?! Congrats to you. I miss Austin a lot. Where are you going to be living? PM me if you need any advice.

Most of these guys will be living in the Jester Center which is located on E. 21st and Speedway (not sure if you're familiar with the campus yet). It's just down the way from the stadium and right across the street from Gregory gym. You'll probably see a handful of these guys all of the time if you live or have classes in the area.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks!
    I'm gonna try to avoid living in Jester, but maybe San Jac/moore-hill, which are both in that area I think. I will be in Jester for orientation though so who knows, maybe I'll run into one of them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks!
    I'm gonna try to avoid living in Jester, but maybe San Jac/moore-hill, which are both in that area I think. I will be in Jester for orientation though so who knows, maybe I'll run into one of them.
    Smart move. I hated having class in there every other day because it's crowded all of the time. The players usually catch the UT bus in the mornings after their workouts at the bottom of the hill where 21st meets San Jacinto. You'll probably see them every day if you live in the area.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    *Another interesting story I came across has to do with a second Texas A&M target in LB Dalton Santos of Van. Santos is currently listed as a "soft verbal" to Oklahoma State, but he's one guy who's seen his stock rise during the spring evaluation period. He was recently added to the 2012 Under Armour All-American Game roster and is seeing more and more schools come by his high school all of the time. In fact, Alabama really threw a wrench into his recruitment when they came through and offered last week. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Santos doesn't end up in Stillwater. Anyway, Stacy Searels visited Van HS last Monday for a regular school stop and learned about Santos being a lifelong fan of the Longhorns and how the previous UT staff literally paid him no attention (not even a letter). Word got back to Manny Diaz and he personally called Santos to apologize on behalf of the program for not giving him a more thorough look. He let him know that scholarships were tight at the moment, but that they were interested and he had an invitation to Texas' June 5th summer camp should he want to take a trip to Austin. While the chances of getting Santos to campus are slim, I thought this was worth mentioning because it speaks volumes as to what kind of guy Texas has in Diaz. He understands the importance of relationships.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Santos-109994
    Dalton Santos' mom worked with me for a couple of years and just before she switched jobs she was talking about how loose the commitment was to OSU...and that they were pretty excited to be getting pursued by a couple of SEC schools. She seemed to insinuate that they would drop OSU pretty quick if an SEC school offered, so don't be surprised if he jumps on the Alabama offer sooner than later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dalton Santos' mom worked with me for a couple of years and just before she switched jobs she was talking about how loose the commitment was to OSU...and that they were pretty excited to be getting pursued by a couple of SEC schools. She seemed to insinuate that they would drop OSU pretty quick if an SEC school offered, so don't be surprised if he jumps on the Alabama offer sooner than later.

Good stuff, benefactor.

He's already planning his summer tour of SEC schools including Alabama and Tennessee. I agree that he'll drop Oklahoma State eventually.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New basketball commit for 2011. Sterling Gibbs, PG, was committed to Maryland before the coaching changes. Important commitment due to Corey Joseph's departure.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ng-Gibbs-69635

Still a possible 2 people left for the 2011 class, Deandre Daniels and Olu Ashauolu. Olu left Louisiana Tech and I think has one year of eligibility left and Daniels is down to Texas and Kansas. Cross your fingers for Daniels.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Thanks!

jester's a dive so try to stay away from it. my brother was a longorn and stayed in moore-hill and it was much nicer. and just a quick walk to the stadium and the perry castaneda library as well. best of luck to you !

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two quick things...

*Super talented LB Derek David of Rockdale has been arrested yet again to follow up his sexual assault charge from earlier in the year. It's possession of marijuana this time around. I don't think he'll be playing football his senior year.

http://kmil.com/story.php?id=15009

*Looks like the June 5th summer camp visit for OL Andrus Peat isn't as close to being finalized as we originally thought. Peat's coach said he was finalizing his arrangements last week, but now Peat says he's not so sure what will happen. He says he'll talk to his father about his busy summer schedule and make a decision from there. There's a possibility that Peat travels to Austin by himself or he could end up traveling with the Brewer family. Nothing to get discouarged about yet, but that's the latest.

Thread Information