Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would someone move form Norway to the US?
    A job offer? Company transfer? Visiting family?
    I also missed where the OP said she moved here...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the U.S.'s PUBLIC per capita expenditure on healthcare is THIRD in the world? What are you liberals so upset about?
    -Paying too much money and not receiving a proportional amount of health care.
    -Health insurances which operate for profit and deny coverage as often as possible for the greatest amount of profit.

That about covers it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the U.S.'s PUBLIC per capita expenditure on healthcare is THIRD in the world? What are you liberals so upset about?
    I'm 99% sure 101 was just missing the blue font.
    Might still missing something - if I am, please let me know before I go too deep here;

on that chart, only Four countries spend PUBLICLY more than $3,000 per capita on healthcare - the U.S. is one of those countries, and trails ONLY two of the others.

I stand by my statement; the United States ALREADY spends more through the government (socially, collectively, however you want to call it) than all but two other countries on the planet! More than Germany, more than Great Britain, more than Sweden and even Canada!

For all that spending we STILL don't have better than 90% of our population covered - and some of you want to give the government MORE control.

Our problem is not who, or how, medical care is paid for; it's how much medical care COSTS. Blame the insurance companies all you want, they're a great boogeyman; but they are NOT the root of the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Paying too much money and not receiving a proportional amount of health care.
    -Health insurances which operate for profit and deny coverage as often as possible for the greatest amount of profit.

That about covers it.
    What is "a proportional amount of health care?"

When I'm sick, I get health care, when I'm not, I don't. Proportionally, I don't need any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except you oppose oil/gas development on our considerable coastline.
    If the US government benefitted more than it does now, I would oppose it less.

I do tend to think we could better spend billions of dollars in developing non-exhaustible forms of energy that are a uva lot safer and easier than deep-sea drilling, and know that ultimately it won't make a 's worth of difference at the pump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US govt has left probably $100Bs, maybe $Ts, of royalty to fees over the decades to oil, gas, coal, water extractors and forest destroyers, while the corps making $100Bs off US taxpayer resources externalize all the costs, such as polluted surface/aquifer water, polluted earth, polluted air. Public ownership, private gain, externalized costs to public.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is "a proportional amount of health care?"

When I'm sick, I get health care, when I'm not, I don't. Proportionally, I don't need any more.
    "A proportional amount of health care" would mean that since the USA pays the most money per capita, the people living there would have the best healthcare system. This is not the case. That means that a LARGE portion of the $7000 per capita the US spends is getting stolen by a lot of people, because other first world countries like Norway and Sweden pay a little over half as much per capita for a very comparable healthcare system, and with very little out-of-pocket spending.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "$7000 per capita the US spends is getting stolen"

the biggest criminals are on the provider side, insurers, docs, hospital, BigPharma, BigDevice overcharging for service and overtreating to run up the bill, and all parasites that suck money out of the bloated sick-care system.

ACA didn't address the exploding costs from providers.

it doesn't help that Americans are a self-inflicted, diseased bunch of fat asses

1900 5 lbs/sugar per capita

today 135 lbs/sugar per capita

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "$7000 per capita the US spends is getting stolen"

the biggest criminals are on the provider side, insurers, docs, hospital, BigPharma, BigDevice overcharging for service and overtreating to run up the bill, and all parasites that suck money out of the bloated sick-care system.

ACA didn't address the exploding costs from providers.

it doesn't help that Americans are a self-inflicted, diseased bunch of fat asses

1900 5 lbs/sugar per capita

today 135 lbs/sugar per capita
    lol.
    1900 Life expectancy 49.24 years

Today 77.7 years.

You're not connecting many dots here, boutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how you guys want to compare the US to these little podunk countries. , theres more people in Houston, Texas than in Norway. It's hardly comparing apples to apples.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So because USA has 300M and not 8M or 80M, it must have a ty, wasteful, corrupt, gouging sick-care system, that leaves 50M uninsured and underserved until they are much sicker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So move to Norway head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how you guys want to compare the US to these little podunk countries. , theres more people in Houston, Texas than in Norway. It's hardly comparing apples to apples.
    True. The US has a lot higher poverty rate than Norway, if I remember correctly.

Oddly enough a google search came up with this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5115910AAVyMcJ

Where I live in Norway, salaries are really high (for anywhere in the world). So an average salary here (470.000 NOK or $82K USD) is definitely higher than in North America. However, you can get much higher individual salaries in somewhere like the US (I'm not familiar with Canadian/Mexican salaries).

Most jobs here pay at least 130 NOK/hour, which is currently about $23 USD (or almost $45K per year full time). Jobs in that pay category are unskilled/student work, like in fast food, a bar, cleaning, etc. Every job pays a living wage, and poverty is almost non-existent. Taxes are high too though, if you work full time at that rate, you pay about 36% tax. Cost of living is also high, but even after you consider that and taxes, it goes much farther than the wage for a similar job in North America.

Higher paying jobs don't earn that much more than lower paying ones though, not to the extent that they do in the US. There are a few jobs that pay really well. Average salary for an engineer here is 518.000 NOK ($90K). Average for lawyers is around 800.000 NOK ($140K). Similar to the US, but experienced workers in private US companies can earn a lot more than a Norwegian in a top position.

Average salaries in many other western European countries are also higher than in the US, but usually not to the same extent as Norway and the other Nordic countries. Top business positions in the UK can earn a lot though, moreso than in Norway.

You can read a Eurostat publication about purchasing power here, which is a better indication of comparative wealth (within each country) than salary:
    http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/…
    Source(s):
    American in Norway, I've also worked in Sweden and the UK

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a matter, UCA fanboys, hate to see your myth that America is the Best Damn Country in Universe blasted to ?

How about trying to make it better? You'll fail. The Repugs and conservatives are dead set on ing up the country, and they can't be stopped.

Not Koolaid_Man Homeland Security's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    You people will never get it. Norway is a small, geneous country with enough oil to take care of everyone. The United States is enormous and heterogeneous. Most people in Norway have the cognitive capacity to add value to their society. The United States is full of blacks and other groups who are net parasites.

It will all get better once this government collapses and we can execute the purge.

Thread Information