Page 100 of 238 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5943
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No one else has checked out Snowpiercer? smh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    on my list. saw the preview a couple days ago

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    On my queue...looks good though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You'll enjoy it. Good sci fi flick

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Really did enjoy Grand Budapest Hotel--top 3 Wes Anderson movie for me.
    Missed it in theaters. Going to try to check it out soon.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Missed it in theaters. Going to try to check it out soon.
    Yeah, I slept on it in theaters, too. Caught it a couple weeks ago--if you like Wes Anderson, then you'll probably enjoy it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Prisoners - A solid 8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Grand Budapest Hotel was great. One of my favorites by Anderson.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Grand Budapest Hotel was great. One of my favorites by Anderson.
    Cool. Man time

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    were Phil Lord and Chris Miller put on this earth to make the Lego movie?

disclaimer: I wasn't aware of any hype for the movie and watched with no expectations, I grew up with Legos, I liked clone high, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was the best American animated movie ever, go to Pixar!
    Cloudy with a chance was comic genius. So much missed if only watched one time.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Guardians of the Galaxy

9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Holy . They put this one on YouTube? UNcut?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Grand Budapest Hotel is fantastic 9/10
    A Serious Man 8/10
    Solaris (1972) - 10/10
    Mind Game - 7/10
    Captain America 2 6/10
    X-Men: Days of 7/10
    Godzilla 2/10

Interstellar and Mad Max looks ing badass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Cloudy with a chance was comic genius. So much missed if only watched one time.
    i concur.

too bad part two was pretty ty.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Into The Storm

I want my two hours back.

3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i concur.

too bad part two was pretty ty.
    Yeah. Two had its moments, but not even close to the first one.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I caught "The Good Earth" from 1937 on TCM the other night. What a fantastic film experience this is. Nigh on 80 years old, but, it is timeless in it's depiction of man's humanity, his failings, his calculation of woman and his inability to find peace there with "her." Paul Muni plays the Chinese peasant who marries, has children, loses everything and then regains it thru the au es of his long suffering wife.

There is a part that takes place after he and his family return to the "soil" country, now prosperous. She (wife) watches as "Lung" finds only misery and discontent in his vast riches. Now able to "afford" a second wife he is appalled to find what man has always found in this boundless quest for [woman]..."When I'm with her it isn't enough, when I'm not there is nothing."

This film's depiction is of course in China, but, it's very soul rests here, in this country.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "The 25th Hour" was on this afternoon. This film grows richer with time. It's been over a decade since it released (2002). And I find something fine each viewing. Barry Pepper's character here needs to be examined closely. He does a fine job as Ed Norton's best friend, a commodities trader he operates above the law as he watches Norton "Montgomery" go about getting his house in order before reporting to Federal Prison on a 7 year sentence. e Lee sets the prison sentence precisely. It's not 1 years, nor 3 years, nor 5, it's 7 and it's not in State Prison where one is granted grace for good behavior at a fine rate. In Federal prison a 7 year stretch will count about 30 days relief more or less. On "Monty's" last night of freedom Pepper is affected more than even Montgomery. He watched his friend not only ruin his own life, but, ruin countless lives with his rampant drug peddling. There is a scene in a disco where Pepper confronts Monty's girlfriend (Rosario Dawson) and his own guilt in not stopping Montgomery when he had the chance.

There is also Lee's commemoration of Ground Zero there in lower Manhattan as he is given access to the area when it was still smoldering. Pepper and Seymour Hoffman stand above it in Pepper's apartment and discuss rent costs, Monty, Bin Laden, poison air and regret as workmen below perform post mortem in the dead of night. There is also a somber scene in the local bar that is owned by Norton's father and has been put up to provide bail for Monty. Monty made many mistakes, one being lodging his boodle with his dope. The local bar was once and still is a hang out for NYFD personnel. Now the establishment is a more mortuary than bar. There is hushed tones and hunched shoulders, framed pictures of lost souls and the ones who still live. It's a fine memorial and Lee should be so proud.

The film stutters in the final act and I pity the people involved who made that choice, but, it's still a fine film.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    The film stutters in the final act and I pity the people involved who made that choice, but, it's still a fine film.
    I thought the last sequence was fairly well done.

Kind of gave you a soothing "what if scenario." But in the end he mans up for his mistakes. It sort of gave you 2 possible endings and left it to you to choose which one you'd rather have.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The mirror monologue is really the only thing that stands out about that flick, Thread, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dawn of the Planet blah blah blah

Solid 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The mirror monologue is really the only thing that stands out about that flick, Thread, imo.
    Tony Siragusa.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    "The 25th Hour" was on this afternoon. This film grows richer with time. It's been over a decade since it released (2002). And I find something fine each viewing. Barry Pepper's character here needs to be examined closely. He does a fine job as Ed Norton's best friend, a commodities trader he operates above the law as he watches Norton "Montgomery" go about getting his house in order before reporting to Federal Prison on a 7 year sentence. e Lee sets the prison sentence precisely. It's not 1 years, nor 3 years, nor 5, it's 7 and it's not in State Prison where one is granted grace for good behavior at a fine rate. In Federal prison a 7 year stretch will count about 30 days relief more or less. On "Monty's" last night of freedom Pepper is affected more than even Montgomery. He watched his friend not only ruin his own life, but, ruin countless lives with his rampant drug peddling. There is a scene in a disco where Pepper confronts Monty's girlfriend (Rosario Dawson) and his own guilt in not stopping Montgomery when he had the chance.

There is also Lee's commemoration of Ground Zero there in lower Manhattan as he is given access to the area when it was still smoldering. Pepper and Seymour Hoffman stand above it in Pepper's apartment and discuss rent costs, Monty, Bin Laden, poison air and regret as workmen below perform post mortem in the dead of night. There is also a somber scene in the local bar that is owned by Norton's father and has been put up to provide bail for Monty. Monty made many mistakes, one being lodging his boodle with his dope. The local bar was once and still is a hang out for NYFD personnel. Now the establishment is a more mortuary than bar. There is hushed tones and hunched shoulders, framed pictures of lost souls and the ones who still live. It's a fine memorial and Lee should be so proud.

Not atypical for e Lee joints.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I thought the last sequence was fairly well done.

Kind of gave you a soothing "what if scenario." But in the end he mans up for his mistakes. It sort of gave you 2 possible endings and left it to you to choose which one you'd rather have.
    I've read some on the IMDB that claims the Interstate signage is "proof" that he's heading West.

For the longest time I was mystified as to why he didn't just cut and run. It took me about 3 viewings to put together what happened. A. The money was with the drugs and B. His father put up the bar. I can't hear too well and so I miss details in movies. Just about six months ago I finally caught on to his father's admonition when Monty mentions him losing the bar if he flees. "To with that damn bar."---Cox is good there. Filled with regret he trembles as Monty leaves the table for the rest room and the oft mentioned speech. That speech is Lee at his worst, so ff thru it.

---

& Lee (our Lee) is correct,,,Siragusa stands out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've read some on the IMDB that claims the Interstate signage is "proof" that he's heading West.

For the longest time I was mystified as to why he didn't just cut and run. It took me about 3 viewings to put together what happened. A. The money was with the drugs and B. His father put up the bar. I can't hear too well and so I miss details in movies. Just about six months ago I finally caught on to his father's admonition when Monty mentions him losing the bar if he flees. "To with that damn bar."---Cox is good there. Filled with regret he trembles as Monty leaves the table for the rest room and the oft mentioned speech. That speech is Lee at his worst, so ff thru it.

---

& Lee (our Lee) is correct,,,Siragusa stands out.
    this is a damn good book. I saw the movie when it came out. Then read a book called "City of Thieves" by David Benioff which is outstanding. Then read 25th hour. Been wondering when he was going to write another novel and then saw he's one of the people adapting Game of Thrones for HBO.

Thread Information