Page 110 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5943
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    thanks mein nig. i enjoy sharing things that mean something to me.
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' things that mean something to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Not to be anal, but, just knocking that tooth out would not alleviate his problem. He'd have to get it out at the root as well as the nerves down in the root. That takes an oral surgeon. That rock would slice it off at the gum line.

---

Also, I've watched this movie a few times since it's initial release and either I'm wrong, or, they cut a part out. I recall at first a part where he goes to the top of that mountain on the island in order to hop off and commit suicide, but, now I never see that part. Am I right, or, am I wrong on this?
    Yeah i remember the part where he tried to hang himself but the tree limb broke. I haven't seen it in at least 5 years so dunno about any edit jobs. It's on Netflix so should be easy to find.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Not to be anal, but, just knocking that tooth out would not alleviate his problem. He'd have to get it out at the root as well as the nerves down in the root. That takes an oral surgeon. That rock would slice it off at the gum line.

---

Also, I've watched this movie a few times since it's initial release and either I'm wrong, or, they cut a part out. I recall at first a part where he goes to the top of that mountain on the island in order to hop off and commit suicide, but, now I never see that part. Am I right, or, am I wrong on this?
    True enough about the tooth. Also, wouldn't it get infected the way he did it? No sterilization, no treament. Yeah I dont know about that.

I wacthed it on Netflix the other day and that one had that scene you're talking about. Maybe you're just forgetting about it. It's a short scene, you look away for a bit and you would miss it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Saw "Barefoot" the other day with Speedman & Evan Wood. Surprisingly it was serviceable. Just very difficult to find Wood no longer a girl, but, now a woman. Just graveled me. I'll never forget her in "Thirteen." I will take that one to the grave. That girl is gone, kids, a woman with the fat upper arms (yep) has replaced her and it is depressing.

In "Barefoot" she plays a woman who has spent her entire life inside the house taking care of her mother. She escapes a mental ward with Speedman and the proverbial road trip takes place. Nothing earth shattering here, and the actors hold it up quite nicely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I watched "The Next Three Days" again last nite from '10. It's gets better with time and with repeated viewing the understanding of the characters actions make a lot more sense. How anyone can watch this film once and appreciate it is beyond me. Elizabeth Banks is great throughout and Crowe lets her be. This is important in this film. Studied over multiple viewing and the aid of remote we can see how Banks has gotten herself into this mess. She is a shoot first type personality who walks away from her confrontations with the speed of light leaving behind in her wake human destruction. Crowe before the arrest is subservient to her in terms of actions and even their sexual relations. He is comfortable with the twist, in the house, or out of it. When their world is turned upside down it is left to him to change and he is willing.

Sure, the escape is ludicrous, but, still fun. "Hawkins" from "Jericho" has a nice turn as a lead detective and Brian Dennehy is Crowe's estranged father watching his son prepare to flee his homeland. Daniel Stern has a nice role as the family lawyer and he plays it straight up & down, no variance into the comedy. Liam Neeson has short, but, pivotal role as a 7 time prison escapee who advises Crowe on how to escape and how to stayed escaped with the caveat that he'll be "watching the door" evermore.

I like this movie. I like the honest, strong, confident woman Banks portrays. She's a cat. And watching Crowe work in fits of silence as he tries to figure this in thing out is refreshing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Lone Survivor: Starring Marky Mark

7.5/10 Not as good as I hoped it would be....but would still recommend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Anybody seen "Fury" with Brad Pitt?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody seen "Fury" with Brad Pitt?
    I saw it and thought it was pretty good. i'd give it at least 7.5. Wish i could give you more but i'm a terrible critic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I also took another viewing of "Mutiny on the Bounty" from '35. The thing is 80 years old and it appears crisp & clear. It's incredible that two hundred years ago they'd press Englishmen into naval service for two years. Yet their "national anthem" clearly states that they'll never be "slaves." We're told this just before and just after this film is presented.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' things that mean something to me.

I also took another viewing of "Mutiny on the Bounty" from '35. The thing is 80 years old and it appears crisp & clear. It's incredible that two hundred years ago they'd press Englishmen into naval service for two years. Yet their "national anthem" clearly states that they'll never be "slaves." We're told this just before and just after this film is presented.
    is that the one with Bogart? what's the other one, with Mel Gibson and Hopkins? never seen either. I need to catch up on Bogart's stuff though, I did like him in Casablanca, but probably need to see some more like Sierra Madre, African Queen (actually have seen most of it).
    edit: i was thinking of the Caine Mutiny, nevermind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I like the one with Gibson & Hopkins as well.

& I've tried Casablanca and the African Queen and even The Maltese Falcon numerous times but I just can't stick with them all the way thru and I love Bogart. Now The Caine Mutiny is one of my all time favorites. I love that movie, it's a treat all the way thru and a great conversation afterward.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    the Pianist (2002)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

---

Bend over. I'll show you anal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Film Crew: How did 'the Pianist' not win Best Picture in 2003?

Over some fictional musical named 'Chicago'?

'the Pianist' is the finest Holocaust film in English. Won Best Actor and Best Director

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Film Crew: How did 'the Pianist' not win Best Picture in 2003?

Over some fictional musical named 'Chicago'?

'the Pianist' is the finest Holocaust film in English. Won Best Actor and Best Director
    The wheelchair scene is great...i honestly laughed out loud and couldn't help myself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    The wheelchair scene is great...i honestly laughed out loud and couldn't help myself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wetlands-6.5
    It was good, but my German isn't great and it was hard to follow dialogue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll show you a wheelchair scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Jupiter ascending

Garbage. I'm done having hope the Wachowskis are gonna come up with something good

0/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Jupiter ascending

Garbage. I'm done having hope the Wachowskis are gonna come up with something good

0/10
    All they need is another Grant Morrison comic to completely ripoff.
    Last edited by redzero; 02-08-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll show you a wheelchair scene.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    the interview 4/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    American Sniper

way longer than it needed to be. 8/10

I'm still wondering why a guy that good couldn't have shot the terrorist kids in the legs instead of the heart.
    he should have shot the grenade out of the kid's hand

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    he should have shot the grenade out of the kid's hand

But now that I think about it...it was pretty cheap to put the second potential kid shooting in the movie. Just to show that he wasn't a kid killer. I think the pain he felt in the first one was enough. But then again, I guess it has to be dumbed down some to make sure everyone gets the point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

But now that I think about it...it was pretty cheap to put the second potential kid shooting in the movie. Just to show that he wasn't a kid killer. I think the pain he felt in the first one was enough. But then again, I guess it has to be dumbed down some to make sure everyone gets the point.

Thread Information