Page 112 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Bloodsport (1988) Jean Claude Van Damme in one of his finest works. Great movie and Great Soundtrack, 8/10 imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Fury - 1/10...only got halfway through before I was bored.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Independence Day!

Haven't seen it since the early 2000's and I was entertained. 7/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    American Sniper, I gave it a 7 out of 10 score. Would have given it an 8 except for the fake plastic baby scene. Once you realize it's fake you can't get it out of your mind!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bloodsport (1988) Jean Claude Van Damme in one of his finest works. Great movie and Great Soundtrack, 8/10 imo
    Agree, one of Van Damme's finest action flick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    "The Spectacular Now" this was supposed to be one of those High-School comedy movies but it was straight up corny. It would've been better off as a drama kind of movie than comedy. 4/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Focus 4/10 -incomplete, left after 30 minutes.

The usual cliched Will Smith as a know it all spouting off in profiling style of persons and behaviors.
    Kept pushing the sex - romance chemistry between Smith and the Aussie actress (somewhat of a prime Denise Richards clone). Didn't work.

Not saying it might have turned out okay, wasn't going to spend any more time finding out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Whiplash 10/10.

More jazz and drum solos than plot, but it was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Blue Thunder(1983)
    7/10

JAFO

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    American Sniper, I gave it a 7 out of 10 score. Would have given it an 8 except for the fake plastic baby scene. Once you realize it's fake you can't get it out of your mind!
    Oof, that was bad. I bet everybody in the theater was thinking, "Wait, did they really use a doll instead of a real baby and expect us not to notice?" in the back of their minds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Holy , Whiplash was awesome. First half of Full Metal Jacket in Jazz form. ing amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Disturbia (2007) Pretty good movie right here, it's a nice thriller 7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oof, that was bad. I bet everybody in the theater was thinking, "Wait, did they really use a doll instead of a real baby and expect us not to notice?" in the back of their minds.
    Dolls are used a lot but they might not be that noticeable all the time. My mom always comments on it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "Papillon" from '73 with Steve McQueen & Dustin Hoffman. This film has only appreciated now over 40 years later. It was on TCM's 31 Days of Oscar for the music score receiving an Oscar nomination. I DVR'ed it and have been examining it in whole and in part. I recall upon it's premiere that it was panned in general and kind of suppressed by Media. But, it is terrific and is quite an adventure.

A reexamination of this motion picture is a must for all film lovers.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers

I was cleaning out some old crap from my closet last night and I came upon this VHS tape

I remember my friend's older brother showing this to us when we were in 7th grade and it freaked me out and gave me nightmares. I remember buying the tape in high school and showing it to my friends as if it was cool

I popped it in last night and noticed how fake 90% of the is and how I didn't even realize it when I was a kid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    John Wick 5/10

Russian mob boss son steals John's car, kills the dog his dead wife gave him. John goes after son, and ultimately boss killing everyone in sight. They even catch John but instead of killing him quick with a bullet to the head, they monologue and then try to suffocate him with a plastic bag.

meh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Equilibrium 5/10

I never even heard of this movie from 2001. It's basically Matrix lite with Christian Bale playing the Neo type role. Stupid premise, mediocre effects and vanilla ending, but couldn't stop watching/laughing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Equilibrium 5/10

I never even heard of this movie from 2001. It's basically Matrix lite with Christian Bale playing the Neo type role. Stupid premise, mediocre effects and vanilla ending, but couldn't stop watching/laughing.
    You're wrong. Gunkata as a martial art is badass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Black Mirror - White Christmas

Pretty spooky. I really enjoyed it, even though I think Don Draper and Hot Fuzz received punishments that didn't fit their crimes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I was cleaning out some old crap from my closet last night and I came upon this VHS tape

I remember my friend's older brother showing this to us when we were in 7th grade and it freaked me out and gave me nightmares. I remember buying the tape in high school and showing it to my friends as if it was cool

I popped it in last night and noticed how fake 90% of the is and how I didn't even realize it when I was a kid.
    Yeah..that is super fake..now Traces of Death was where it was at back in the day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Night Crawler 7/10

I don't see how the police couldn't have arrested him for something....i just could never put my finger on what though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Papillon" from '73 with Steve McQueen & Dustin Hoffman. This film has only appreciated now over 40 years later. It was on TCM's 31 Days of Oscar for the music score receiving an Oscar nomination. I DVR'ed it and have been examining it in whole and in part. I recall upon it's premiere that it was panned in general and kind of suppressed by Media. But, it is terrific and is quite an adventure.

A reexamination of this motion picture is a must for all film lovers.

you can watch this film multiple times and still see new stuff. I also read the book which is great too, better than the movie but the movie is pretty damn good.

Hoffman and Mcqueen in this are arguably the best 1-2 duo ever IMo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just watched fantastic planet for the 7th time (blazed as of course)

few films can with your brain like this one does

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    Interstellar 10/10

Very outstanding and original but as I've seen the ratings, everyone finds something PETTY AS to complain about like getting lost in the context, script writing, and concepts because they aren't ing aren't smart enough to look them up. Most of all, other people aren't "IMAGINATIVE" complaining about how "fake" the movie is. Well no ? Its a movie!? Other raters get pissed off about the actors not fitting in with the roles in relation to another movie. You're not suppose to do that!!! The two movies exist in different time periods and most of all different universes. Then I read that most of all.

Like the movie's motto is, you have to leave something behind in order to move forward which relates to the freaking idiots who rated it. Leave ignorance and logical flaws behind. Jesus.

Just saw it on Blu-Ray like 5 hours ago.

Most of all, Christopher Nolan has laid it to them that he's the best director of all time by consistent ratings. Most of all, he always lays out a consistent cast.

Also so American Psycho....9/10..which portrays many people in this forum and most of all the common corporate -bag with a multiplier of mental instability.

Requiem For a Dream.........9/10............a delusion that increments with a will to satisfy an goal by reaching it through the use of drugs.

Cast Away......8/10.............another great movie.....just an other will. Wilson!!!

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon........8/10......wonderful action movie powerful message.

Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10 Casting was good. Batista included.

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies 7/10 I didn't expect this battle to be better than the battle of middle Earth. It shouldn't have. However, I didn't like the lack of casting and most of all the overuse of CGI.

The CGI used for the dwarf was so lazy. Now they're using cg for freaking casting.

Grand Budapest Hotel 9/10

This was a movie I didn't see coming....Very original and puts me in a place and time that I've never seen.

Snatch 8/10. Must watch again.

Almost Famous 8/10

Studio Ghibli, 9/10 because I've seen most of their major movies and can't decide which one I truly like the most.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    lol Almost Famous

Thread Information