Page 125 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5943
    Eastsideboxing Spurs fan bulakenyo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dont Breathe was great.

Horror movies about ghosts and monsters barely faze me, but this particular movie made me squirm and jump out of my seat a bit. And PS. Try not to buy popcorn or any type of food while watching this movie. I would not recommend it so much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    The Good Guys - 9/10 : terrific action comedy movie. I'm surprised it wasn't promoted more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    turned children of men off after 20 minutes or so. the music sucked.

put it on the proposition. great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    or High Water. Really enjoyable film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The Hunt (Jagten) - Very good danish movie. Terrific job by Mads Mikkelsen playing the anti-avante tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dont Breathe was great.

Horror movies about ghosts and monsters barely faze me, but this particular movie made me squirm and jump out of my seat a bit. And PS. Try not to buy popcorn or any type of food while watching this movie. I would not recommend it so much.
    Agreed

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    watched Drive again, didn't think much of it back then, but I liked it more this time. sure it was over-stylized, but if Gosling could have delivered, it might have been a classic. read some reviews comparing it to the old Eastwood/Wayne movies, silent/violent protagonist and whatnot... wish hollywood would make more like this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Inherent Vice
    7/10
    lot of people have shat on this one but as a PT Anderson fan I needed to see it. First time I saw it I was high, which actually worked for this movie since I didn't bother with details.
    Watched it a second time 24 hours later, somewhat sobered up, and I tried to make sense of it but couldn't. The plot is insane and impenetrable.
    But I did enjoy it. Great performances all around but especially Phoenix. Great look and mood as well. I am curious how this will be perceived down the road.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Inherent Vice
    7/10
    lot of people have shat on this one but as a PT Anderson fan I needed to see it. First time I saw it I was high, which actually worked for this movie since I didn't bother with details.
    Watched it a second time 24 hours later, somewhat sobered up, and I tried to make sense of it but couldn't. The plot is insane and impenetrable.
    But I did enjoy it. Great performances all around but especially Phoenix. Great look and mood as well. I am curious how this will be perceived down the road.
    Did you happen to read the book?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sully
    7.5/10
    I had no desire to see this. But I'm a big fan of Clint and read he shot this entirely on digital IMAX, so I went to an IMAX to check it out.
    I liked it way more than I thought. Not perfect but effective and to the point. One of my favorites this year, though the year has sucked with films.
    Some really nice touches with the sound and music, per par with Clint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Did you happen to read the book?
    nah, i heard it was just as hard to follow. but I am interested in reading it because I dug the flick. you read it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    nah, i heard it was just as hard to follow. but I am interested in reading it because I dug the flick. you read it?
    You're right, it was pretty all over the place - but I think less so than the movie. Also saw the movie high, and I think that confused me a bit - great cast but low on PTA's resume. It helps knowing the cast when you read the book, the movie was perfectly casted.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interrogation

This featured former pro rassler Edge in the lead role. Lana....the wife of Rushev was also in the flick, funny to hear her speak without the fake accent. She is without question being wasted n the rasslin' biz, she belongs in Hollywood.

Totally shocking ending. Saw this on my Amazon setup.

Good flick.

Then there was at the movies and The Magnificent Seven.

Great action western, and ya knew the violence would be a bit cartoonish so that was ok. Good stuff~~~

Been a long time since I'd been to a walk in where the movie wasn't some level of 3-D.

Next up....JACK REACHER. I;m a huge fan of Lee Childs character, own all the books, all of them. Never thought Cruise who is a midget compared to Reacher (6-6 260) could pull it off, but he makes it work.

This, wandering loner hitch hiking from one adventure to another, pretty cool. That bit where he just wears the same clothes until he tires of them, finds some thrift shop buys some more only to dump what he had, yep, unique.

They did make more James Lee Burke movies.

James Lee Burke (born December 5, 1936) is an American author of mysteries, best known for his Dave Robicheaux series. He has won an Edgar Award for Black Cherry Blues (1990) and an Edgar Award for Cimarron Rose (1998), and has also been presented with the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America. The Robicheaux character has been portrayed twice on screen, first by Alec Baldwin (Heaven's Prisoners) and then Tommy Lee Jones (In the Electric Mist). Burke's 1982 novel, Two for Texas, was made into a 1998 TV Movie by the same name; Novel by James Lee Burke, Teleplay by Larry Brothers (who also had a role in the film as Clay the Outlaw), and starring Kris Kristofferson as Hugh Allison with Scott Barstow, Tom Skerritt, and Peter Coyote. Burke has also written five (5) miscellaneous crime novels (including Two for Texas), two short story collections, four books starring protagonist Texas attorney Billy Bob Holland, and four (4) books starring Billy Bob's cousin Texas sheriff Hackberry Holland and two (2) books starring Weldon Avery Holland, grandson of Texas legendary lawman Hackberry Holland.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-30-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You're right, it was pretty all over the place - but I think less so than the movie. Also saw the movie high, and I think that confused me a bit - great cast but low on PTA's resume. It helps knowing the cast when you read the book, the movie was perfectly casted.
    Cool, i'll try to check it out sometime and revisit the movie, see if the book improves it. I agree that it's not near the top for me. Punch Drunk Love is my favorite of his, though I might prefer Vice over the Master. Time will tell though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    or High Water 9/10

This is one of the best crafted movies I've seen in years. Bridges and Chris Pine ftw..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    or High Water 9/10

This is one of the best crafted movies I've seen in years. Bridges and Chris Pine ftw..
    9.5/10 --

This was the last move I saw. It wasn't just a great movie, it was one of the year's best. Pine and Foster were great together. What is Foster not good in?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Kajaki - 7/10

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Inherent Vice
    7/10
    Same...the actors and all their interactions were great but I had no idea what the was going on most of the time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    @Josh Brolin scarfing that plate of weed. That asian chick was another highlight of IV

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    @Josh Brolin scarfing that plate of weed. That asian chick was another highlight of IV
    He was probably my favorite character of the movie behind Phoenix. I never would have pictured him in a role like that but he was hilarious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i was pretty baked when i saw inherent vice. didn't understand .

wouldn't recommend it.

i have some good new though... pta and daniel day lewis are gonna make another movie together.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    i was pretty baked when i saw inherent vice. didn't understand .

wouldn't recommend it.

i have some good new though... pta and daniel day lewis are gonna make another movie together.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/pau...rs-1201724389/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hunt for the wilder people - 9.5/10. Best movie of the year so far. Super charming.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I didn't bother with Inherent Vice, because The Master was disappointing. I don't like the direction PTA is going. There Will Be Blood was a ing masterpiece, but The Master was a dud.

Thread Information