Page 128 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They were showing the Karate Kid 1-3 over the weekend. Jesus, that 3rd one is a riot. It's so bad it's actually watchable. It's just incredible to behold.
    What I find funny is the guy playing Terry Silver is actually younger than Ralph Machio (who was supposed to be 17). The first movie is actually good, anything afterwards should be viewed for comedic purposes only.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Couldn't even make it to the 10 minute mark.

A poor's man Harry Porter...while on meth.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    What I find funny is the guy playing Terry Silver is actually younger than Ralph Machio (who was supposed to be 17). The first movie is actually good, anything afterwards should be viewed for comedic purposes only.
    Yep, 1 has a living, breathing soul. It was painstakingly thought out with such patience and attention.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    saw both of these a few months ago in theaters....

Snowden (6/10) Nice cinematography, decent film overall but ending is corny imo. Deduct some points because I don't totally buy Snowden's story, though add a few points for various shots of Shailene Woodley's nude body.

Hacksaw Ridge (8.5/10) This was easily my favorite film of last year, with Rogue One second.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    By The Sea...It came on after something else I was watching so I just left it on that channel. I didn't bother finishing it.

Jolie's s are still great at 40 though, so not all of it was wasted time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Clinical. 2/10

Pure garbage. Giving it a two because I actually finished it, so more for me than for the movie.

Netflix has perfected the art of making great TV shows but they are utter with movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Clinical. 2/10

Pure garbage. Giving it a two because I actually finished it, so more for me than for the movie.

Netflix has perfected the art of making great TV shows but they are utter with movies.
    From what I gather, most of their exclusive movies were intended to be theatrical releases but were dropped by whichever studio, for good reason probably. So Netflix comes along and buys the rights to them late in the production process.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    From what I gather, most of their exclusive movies were intended to be theatrical releases but were dropped by whichever studio, for good reason probably. So Netflix comes along and buys the rights to them late in the production process.
    They should stop that practice then. They're wasting good money.

I've come across some real stinkers there lately.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Miss Sloane. 8/10

Not bad for a political movie. It really shows how easily influence our political figures are and how easy they are bought.

Name
    Casey G.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Finally watched We're the Millers, solid comedy 8.5-9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Anybody ever see "Warm Bodies?" The voice over is done quite dramatically and well. What'd you think? I saw the end last nite and then DVR'ed the whole thing a few hours later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Wraith. 80s movie to the fullest, only missing the montage.

ties left and right while being rated pg13.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody ever see "Warm Bodies?" The voice over is done quite dramatically and well. What'd you think? I saw the end last nite and then DVR'ed the whole thing a few hours later.
    My wife and daughter said it was good.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Split - 7/10

McAvoy is really good in this. I can't believe it's 2017 and M Night Shamalamadingdong made a movie that doesn't totally suck. It has his characteristic cheap scare tactics, and the ol' twist ending (that actually was kinda cool), but overall it's pretty good. Worth a rental at least.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Moonlight and Manchester of the Sea, enjoyed both, 8/10..Affleck's brother is much more tolerable than him, tbh

War on Everyone- 4/10..tries wayyyyy too hard..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    By The Sea...It came on after something else I was watching so I just left it on that channel. I didn't bother finishing it.

Jolie's s are still great at 40 though, so not all of it was wasted time.
    They are on her, but are not her real s. She had them removed for precautions against breast cancer. Its all good though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Moonlight and Manchester of the Sea, enjoyed both, 8/10..Affleck's brother is much more tolerable than him, tbh

War on Everyone- 4/10..tries wayyyyy too hard..
    Amen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    i know its probably in here somewhere but whats the verdict on "the girl on the train?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    i know its probably in here somewhere but whats the verdict on "the girl on the train?"

Decent flick........a tad bit slow to begin with, but picks up after awhile. Kind of a strange twist at the end, so I rate it a good 6.5-7 out of 10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Arrival - 9/10

ty special effects are the only thing bad about this movie.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Midnight Special - 7.5/10

Enjoyable, pretty gripping, mostly chase-based drama with Michael Shannon as the father of a son who the government views as special and dangerous.

Flaw is we never really know greater story of kid's life or significance of why he is this way. Nothing much beyond the chase.

Ending is what it is. Overall if you liked Stranger Things, this is a faster moving ET but with people. Definitely has plot holes, but solid independent flick.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    John Wick 2

9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Midnight Special - 7.5/10

Enjoyable, pretty gripping, mostly chase-based drama with Michael Shannon as the father of a son who the government views as special and dangerous.

Flaw is we never really know greater story of kid's life or significance of why he is this way. Nothing much beyond the chase.

Ending is what it is. Overall if you liked Stranger Things, this is a faster moving ET but with people. Definitely has plot holes, but solid independent flick.
    Yeah this movie is really great until afterwards, when you think about it and realize just how pointless it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Big Michael Shannon fan since his role as Nelson van Alden

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yeah this movie is really great until afterwards, when you think about it and realize just how pointless it is.
    It was really good in the moment. Then you ask why, or how, or even what and realize it was a very flawed story that was very well acted, was pretty gripping, ended a bit abruptly and mysteriously (though I'm ok with it, for similar reasons I loved the end of Arrival. Don't mind that sort of stuff in films if lead up is strong).

If you like those types of big government chasing after an unknown, it's a solid flick.

The cult was one of the nice additions, but barely explored. Woulda liked to have that fleshed out a bit more.

Thread Information