Page 224 of 238 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 5943
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Fine for the first half, but then there was no where to go but where it went and it went there fast and furious + with a string of comedy in among the rips and tears.
    Yeah, that's the thing. With that kind of plot set-up, it either becomes an extremely dull borefest like 'American Honey' or, most likely, becomes a slasher-horror flick of sorts, which it was.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah, that's the thing. With that kind of plot set-up, it either becomes an extremely dull borefest like 'American Honey' or, most likely, becomes a slasher-horror flick of sorts, which it was.
    Yep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Holy I just watched it tonight too didn't even know you were. Finished it about an hour and a half ago or so just before showering.

I don't like the lack of an ending though. What happened to the aunt? Does she go to jail for manslaughter or something? Does she get to keep custody of Katie?

I hate when movies end without a distinct and final ending, especially given that it's a stand-alone movie where there's not going to be a sequel or anything.
    Indeed, it seemed to get rushed as it wound down, like the production was pressed on money issues. Obviously it was filmed in exact order which is sometimes wrought with peril in the end.

*Though it did at the very last show a spark of light deep at the back of the interior of the home as if (she) still had some life.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Which stream, D_P?
    Netflix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Indeed, it seemed to get rushed as it wound down, like the production was pressed on money issues. Obviously it was filmed in exact order which is sometimes wrought with peril in the end.

*Though it did at the very last show a spark of light deep at the back of the interior of the home as if (she) still had some life.
    No, that was just Elsie, basically the lead female character (aunt)'s version of Alexa/OK Google. Basically the smart-home operator machine that Megan had figured out how to turn off near the climax.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Fine recommendation, bomber. Enjoyed it thoroughly. The absolutely goods. The kid who played Jaime had a quality role in -A Walk to Remember- from like 20 years ago. I thought I recognized him immediately, but the ages didn't make sense, but I checked it and it was him! He's has a good career as an actor and producer that I didn't even know about.

Has made my Friday, bomber. Thank you.
    Awesome Thread!!! Glad ya enjoyed it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Avengement - full fighting flick. One brother sets up another to get him arrested and thrown in a tough arse prison. You have to watch the rest. Loved this movie. Tons of fight scenes, a bit of comedy with nothing but action all the way. 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Avengement - full fighting flick. One brother sets up another to get him arrested and thrown in a tough arse prison. You have to watch the rest. Loved this movie. Tons of fight scenes, a bit of comedy with nothing but action all the way. 8/10
    What stream, bomber?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Welp, I'm actually close to being retired as of now. No biggie, there's plenty of money in the bank and hopefully if I'm retired it'll mostly or wholly negate child support to that putrid little rat up north I don't even know or want anything to do with

The other thing is we're planning on selling the house next summer and moving somewhere with a cooler clime. She really liked it in Michigan last year when I took her up there for a year. Maybe the U.P. would be a nice place for her.
    Putrid little rat you say?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Fine for the first half, but then there was no where to go but where it went and it went there fast and furious + with a string of comedy in among the rips and tears.

Damn shame but what else was there to do.

Cute little ens, she was the best looking girl in the whole movie.
    Yeah, it had potential to be really great. Still a decent movie to stream even with its flaws. Glad you had a chance to watch it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Awesome Thread!!! Glad ya enjoyed it.
    Immediately we're clued as to the mindset of the elder brother over there in the mid-East as he in a fire fight in boundless corridors, as he goes thru he double taps every Hajji he's put down.

And the (owed scene) there before the door is busted in and they're taken on the [acid trip]...elder brother calls it plain and loud, so the wife hears..."Who gave you the money (for their daughter's open heart surgery)?"...it hadn't been [crowd funded] after all (like who's gonna wait for that funding on pure speculation?, obviously not the blooded older brother.) And the last bill owed, as he comes in close and lowers his voice so that wife could not hear and to save them both the humiliation..."Who took your beatings from the old man? Me." It didn't move Jaime in that moment, but it did at the last as his wife pulls him away and to their salvation.

Fine presentation. This one sticks and that is always so damn sweet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah, it had potential to be really great. Still a decent movie to stream even with its flaws. Glad you had a chance to watch it.
    Amen, Ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Here is a picture of Clayne Carroll then/"A Walk to Remember" & 20 years later.

You should check out the series “Rectify”, he’s fantastic in that. It also features the hottest older lady of all time, J. Smith Cameron.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You should check out the series “Rectify”, he’s fantastic in that. It also features the hottest older lady of all time, J. Smith Cameron.
    What stream, DJ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    What stream, bomber?
    Amazon plus and Netflix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Amazon plus and Netflix
    Thanks, bomber.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Putrid little rat you say?
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup. Nothing I want anything to do with

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Jesse Stone: Night Passage (the prequel to the Jesse Stone series, starring Tom Selleck): 7/10

A little primitive, but solid plot. Not exactly a hyper-climatic or riveting ending but on par for its time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Jesse Stone: Night Passage (the prequel to the Jesse Stone series, starring Tom Selleck): 7/10

A little primitive, but solid plot. Not exactly a hyper-climatic or riveting ending but on par for its time.
    I love all them [Jessie Stones.] We watched them in order a few years back. Love the one with the rich couple who are basically serial killers, don't recall the le on that one. The girl is hotter than a pistol though. And any of 'em that have "Hasty Hathaway" in it are doubly good.

Sellleck went to "Blue Bloods" and that was the end of it. Miss fresh ones terribly. Sometimes I dream he comes back and makes some more.

They always got the good looking women and young girls. That one secretary/assistant that Gino Fish had in a latter {Stone} was just absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I was in love.

Christ-a-mighty, it was so wonderful.

Nice jog of my memory, M-M, makes me Sunday.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I love all them [Jessie Stones.] We watched them in order a few years back. Love the one with the rich couple who are basically serial killers, don't recall the le on that one. The girl is hotter than a pistol though. And any of 'em that have "Hasty Hathaway" in it are doubly good.

Sellleck went to "Blue Bloods" and that was the end of it. Miss fresh ones terribly. Sometimes I dream he comes back and makes some more.

They always got the good looking women and young girls. That one secretary/assistant that Gino Fish had in a latter {Stone} was just absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I was in love.

Christ-a-mighty, it was so wonderful.

Nice jog of my memory, M-M, makes me Sunday.
    I actually like Blue Bloods OK, but Selleck's character sometimes comes off as weak compared to Jesse Stone.

Also, Dale, you can call me Andrew.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

That's a good episode. Any time you can get William Baldwin in front of a camera is a terrific time. This one is no different.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I actually like Blue Bloods OK, but Selleck's character sometimes comes off as weak compared to Jesse Stone.

Also, Dale, you can call me Andrew.
    I've never ventured a "Blue Blood," Andrew. I may try it though.

& there ain't one bad {Stone} nary a one. And they're easily re-watchable. Once you accept the premise and (his) manifestations it's easy to get into it and stay there. Just wish time could stand still for something like {Stone}.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Queen of the Morning Calm 2019 6/10

Cliffs. A an abused Korean girl becomes a Toronto sex worker and tries to provide for her daughter.

A chick whose step father was a molesting pig, is then further traumatized when her bio mother walks in on her being raped and blames her own daughter!
    Out on her own, she is somewhat predicably drawn to a user husband, who lives off her earnings working at the strip club.
    wad husband is also a degenerate gambler who loses all the money she makes.

Sadly a very often true scenario in todays society.

Ending is realistic but encouraging.

Paid reviewers succinct summary is accurate:
    Angela Morrison praised the film, writing that "The film is technically accomplished and meticulously shot, perfectly capturing the chilly streets, cozy shops and small apartment spaces of Toronto. Scenes of Mona and Debra dragging their belongings through the city streets evoke the alienation and sense of precarity that comes with being a single mother and a sex worker in a big city, experiences that are often excluded within the canon of Toronto-set indie rom-coms (i.e. The F Word, Take This Waltz), a fact that Kim recognizes and begins to rectify in telling this deeply personal, resonant story."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    What stream, DJ?
    amc+

Thread Information