Page 133 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5940
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    King Arthur - 5.4
    Spiderman Homecoming - 7.3
    Apes 3 - 7.2

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lion 8/10

Hits the feels.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    War for the Planet of the Apes - 8.5/10. End was a little cheesy and comic relief was a little too comical, but overall a fantastic watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Come and See (1985) - 10/10. Man, I feel like a different human being after watching this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Come and See (1985) - 10/10. Man, I feel like a different human being after watching this.
    Good call. A brilliant film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Coherence - 2013
    Interesting and entertaining sci-fi flick.
    8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Coherence - 2013
    Interesting and entertaining sci-fi flick.
    8/10
    Yeah...very good. Check out Triangle also.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    The Big Sick - (8.5 out of 10) Definitely has the hue of a Apatow creation. The movie is both an emotional shift from your average rom/com and it has a perky upside to it. It sows the du jour culture in Muslim happenstance as Kumail Nanjiani attempts to navigate life as a struggling comic, Muslim, and attracted to a vastly different culture in his mercurial girlfriend Emily (Zoe Kazan). While I like the perkiness of Zoe in the love interest role, her supporting role doesn't satiate the interaction between Kumail and Emily. I sense that it wouldn't have the same touch if we were, as a viewer, inundated with both of them garnering more screen time. It would've taken away the effect of Beth(Holly Hunter) and Terry (Ray Romano)'s role as an advanced of varying cultures attempt to navigate this thing they call love.

It's a smart movie. It links both tried and true romantic tenets with a more modern paintbrush. I would highlig recommend it if you're moving through a middle part of a relationship. The gamut of emotions will vary from laughter to complete and unbridled numbness. I really, really, liked this movie and the fact that is based on Kumail's and his wife's story makes it all the more believable .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    That barn sequence was a real knee-slapper.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bubba Ho-Tep

8/10

Bruce Campbell in all his glory. Ozzie Davis was great too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have you fired up a TMC lately?
    I just did Hot Cars 1956.
    Passable, decent ending.
    Joi Lansing what a peach. Played the mob girlfriend in on trying to scam our hero.
    You might remember her as the wife of Lester Flatt on The Beverly Hillbillies.

IRL died at only 42. Breast cancer.
    Photo below.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Joi Lansing.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Have you fired up a TMC lately?
    I just did Hot Cars 1956.
    Passable, decent ending.
    Joi Lansing what a peach. Played the mob girlfriend in on trying to scam our hero.
    You might remember her as the wife of Lester Flatt on The Beverly Hillbillies.

IRL died at only 42. Breast cancer.
    Photo below.
    Yep, I've been watching their Hitch dedication this month. Very good introductions to his films.

I do recall that name and vaguely her appearance on the Hillbillies.

I'll keep an eye out for "Hot Cars."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Shot Caller 9/10

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Conjuring 2

6/10. After I finished the movie, I thought it was 7.5/10. Then I read articles and watched videos of how incredibly fake the entire Enfield Poltergeist was, and it was disappointing, so I knocked the score down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Dunkirk - Saw it in IMAX 70mm and it was brilliant. I thought the lingering suspense that was created by Nolan was great. The sound is really impeccable in this format and just the exhilarating attempt to re-create the raised sense of peril was a great way to portray a WW2 movie--a genre that has been done time and time again. Aesthetically it was well done and it kept me in suspense. I think Nolan hit it out of the park in this movie. If you have the desire to watch this, I would highly suggest you see it in 70mm. It lays out the canvas perfectly. 8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dunkirk - Saw it in IMAX 70mm and it was brilliant. I thought the lingering suspense that was created by Nolan was great. The sound is really impeccable in this format and just the exhilarating attempt to re-create the raised sense of peril was a great way to portray a WW2 movie--a genre that has been done time and time again. Aesthetically it was well done and it kept me in suspense. I think Nolan hit it out of the park in this movie. If you have the desire to watch this, I would highly suggest you see it in 70mm. It lays out the canvas perfectly. 8.5/10
    One thing that really stood out to me...and this is after I went home and thought about it...was the different time frames. That all of the main characters shared a life experience. But the pilot had one hour, the civilians one day, and the soldiers a week. Really well done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    One thing that really stood out to me...and this is after I went home and thought about it...was the different time frames. That all of the main characters shared a life experience. But the pilot had one hour, the civilians one day, and the soldiers a week. Really well done.
    Yes, I thought that was well-executed. The different visual aspects that Nolan achieved with the staggered time differences were really a great tenet of the movie. My personal favorite being the Spitfire pilot's part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, I thought that was well-executed. The different visual aspects that Nolan achieved with the staggered time differences were really a great tenet of the movie. My personal favorite being the Spitfire pilot's part.
    Same. I'm pretty sure I was pushing an imaginary fire button when the German planes started to fall into the sight. My only real complaint was that for me, it was damn hard to differentiate between a lot of the soldiers in the One Week scenario. Maybe 2 complaints...I saw it in Cinemark HDX (or something like that)....and it was pretty hard to understand the dialogue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Same. I'm pretty sure I was pushing an imaginary fire button when the German planes started to fall into the sight. My only real complaint was that for me, it was damn hard to differentiate between a lot of the soldiers in the One Week scenario. Maybe 2 complaints...I saw it in Cinemark HDX (or something like that)....and it was pretty hard to understand the dialogue.
    I heard that quite a bit from moviegoers I spoke to about it. I didn't have that issue with the IMAX so it quite possibly the reason. But I'll check it again and see but I can see where the dialogue was a tad broad. Maybe it was for effect to capture that randomness of fear in the particular claustrophobic scenes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I heard that quite a bit from moviegoers I spoke to about it. I didn't have that issue with the IMAX so it quite possibly the reason. But I'll check it again and see but I can see where the dialogue was a tad broad. Maybe it was for effect to capture that randomness of fear in the particular claustrophobic scenes.
    I'm not sure. I don't think it was intentional as it was throughout the whole movie and even in scenes without war activity going on. Any scene with any background noise was difficult for me. But for this movie in particular, it didn't take anything away. I'd guess you could take out all of the dialogue and it would still be an enjoyable and impacting movie.

That being said, my kid and wife didn't seem to have the same issue. So it might be my ears.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm not sure. I don't think it was intentional as it was throughout the whole movie and even in scenes without war activity going on. Any scene with any background noise was difficult for me. But for this movie in particular, it didn't take anything away. I'd guess you could take out all of the dialogue and it would still be an enjoyable and impacting movie.

That being said, my kid and wife didn't seem to have the same issue. So it might be my ears.
    Ah well, guess that may be true. But nonetheless, very enjoyable film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Fences 2/10

Boring, depressing movie that went nowhere. The script called for a lot of hand waving, knee slapping and finger pointing from Denzel but that's it. He seemed like a serious version of Redd Foxx, talking with Mr Death.

Apparently the way to win an Oscar is to have snot linger all over your upper lip during that one intense moment and way until you finish your monologue to wipe off that nasty .

I kept waiting for the movie to go somewhere but never did. I wish Mr Death had killed the movie midway to save me time.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    City For Conquest

James Cagney at his very best as a boxer who ends up blinded. His brother a concert pianist steals his girl. Yep...classic.

The final scene one of Moviedoms truly sad scenes.

10+

Next up....Rumble Fish
    Last edited by Avante; 08-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Interview (1998 Australia)

Suspense.

9/10

A must watch.
    Why in the F did I not hear about this movie before. Why?
    Some fantastic twists and turns. Gone unnoticed because of a possibly unsatisfactory end. It don't matter. Watch this one.

I need a better site to scour Netflix for me, I just stumbled onto it.

Thread Information