Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm, this revived thread has caused me to consult the Zero Punctuation to see if the game was perhaps worth playing.

It hilariously is not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great ing game

a little too much cinematics for my taste in RPG, but it's a true RPG. Also a little buggy. But still great, great game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years and 4 months late to the party.. but this game is hard. No hand holding w/ knowing what to do next, and the combat is pretty tough so far.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its getting perfect scores from a lot of reputable mags.

Not that I needed that, just sayin'

d/ling right now on Steam.
    d/ling now on nosteam tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years and 4 months late to the party.. but this game is hard. No hand holding w/ knowing what to do next, and the combat is pretty tough so far.
    Do you agree it's better than Oblivion? I mean that's a ing lot live up to (not counting 2006 graphics obviously).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you agree it's better than Oblivion? I mean that's a ing lot live up to (not counting 2006 graphics obviously).
    I don't know, tough call. I spent a load of hours on Oblivion, and I do prefer true open world. Witcher 2 is open world w/ boundaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, tough call. I spent a load of hours on Oblivion, and I do prefer true open world. Witcher 2 is open world w/ boundaries.
    I loved everything about Oblivion except for the XBox 360's performance (e.g., constant 2 second stutters to load textures when in the open world). Oblivion really gets fun when you enchant armor to take away your speed and athleticism so that you can train it over 100. Then enchant armor to add to speed and athleticism after training. When you get athleticism over about 200 or so you can jump over the city walls, 's hilarious. Of course if you use your 200+ speed it really murders on the XBox 360 trying to load textures in the open world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved everything about Oblivion except for the XBox 360's performance (e.g., constant 2 second stutters to load textures when in the open world). Oblivion really gets fun when you enchant armor to take away your speed and athleticism so that you can train it over 100. Then enchant armor to add to speed and athleticism after training. When you get athleticism over about 200 or so you can jump over the city walls, 's hilarious. Of course if you use your 200+ speed it really murders on the XBox 360 trying to load textures in the open world.
    yeah, that was a time in which I didn't understand stuttering..I remember clearing the cache to get an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another older game I think I'm gonna install.. Hitman Absolution..still one of the better looking les out.. and I'm gonna get back into Splinter Cell Blacklist.. feel like going for some perfect runs.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another older game I think I'm gonna install.. Hitman Absolution..still one of the better looking les out.. and I'm gonna get back into Splinter Cell Blacklist.. feel like going for some perfect runs.
    loved the first 2 hitmans, recently tried absolution, never finished. upcoming movie looks like an abomination

back on topic, I don't see the how one could even compare witcher 2 and oblivion. witcher has some open world feel but it really isn't, and has some RPG feel but there really isn't. you have pretty much the same abilities/weapons/magic/potions/bombs all the way through the game.

the one thing I kinda liked about Witcher 2 was that there were plenty of fights where I thought "holy ! I will never come even remotely close to beating this guy" but then slowly but surely, if I figured out what I was supposed to do, and did it over and over without making a mistake, I would get closer and closer to beating that asshole, and when I finally did, it felt pretty darn good, better than any other boss fight in any other game in recent memory. though I'm not about to go play Dark Souls...

have you fought the operator yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loved the first 2 hitmans, recently tried absolution, never finished. upcoming movie looks like an abomination

back on topic, I don't see the how one could even compare witcher 2 and oblivion. witcher has some open world feel but it really isn't, and has some RPG feel but there really isn't. you have pretty much the same abilities/weapons/magic/potions/bombs all the way through the game.

the one thing I kinda liked about Witcher 2 was that there were plenty of fights where I thought "holy ! I will never come even remotely close to beating this guy" but then slowly but surely, if I figured out what I was supposed to do, and did it over and over without making a mistake, I would get closer and closer to beating that asshole, and when I finally did, it felt pretty darn good, better than any other boss fight in any other game in recent memory. though I'm not about to go play Dark Souls...

have you fought the operator yet?
    Yeah, not a good comparison w/ Elder Scrolls IMO too.. and yeah, from probably the 5th fight I was like "holy " as far as being matched up evenly.. the game is ing hard.. 3-4 hits (that usually happen in like 3 seconds of not moving) and you're gone.. I just got to the forest stage, and have started working towards defeating the Kayran.. I just went down into that cave for Malena, and had such a ing hard time fighting that pack of creatures.. I must have tried 15 times before I finally beat them w/ a combination of quen, traps, and ranged attacks..

I love difficult games because it feels like an achievement to progress, and it's what I grew up on.. extremely difficult SNES and Genesis games in which 9/10 I never beat because they were so ing hard. As for Dark Souls, it has that ty japanese feel to it that ruins the game for me, and I didn't care for the animation or graphics much. Witcher 2 isn't exactly the best graphics or best animation, but the characters and voice acting, combined w/ the branching story has kept my interest vs Dark Souls which I played for a few hours and couldn't get into.

Negative on the operator.

Have you played SC Blacklist? Great game.. So many ways to approach missions, and great visuals. Only complaint I have on that game is Sam Fisher's new voice and look, but that's just me since I've been playing since the 1st game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not a good comparison w/ Elder Scrolls IMO too.. and yeah, from probably the 5th fight I was like "holy " as far as being matched up evenly.. the game is ing hard.. 3-4 hits (that usually happen in like 3 seconds of not moving) and you're gone.. I just got to the forest stage, and have started working towards defeating the Kayran.. I just went down into that cave for Malena, and had such a ing hard time fighting that pack of creatures.. I must have tried 15 times before I finally beat them w/ a combination of quen, traps, and ranged attacks..

I love difficult games because it feels like an achievement to progress, and it's what I grew up on.. extremely difficult SNES and Genesis games in which 9/10 I never beat because they were so ing hard. As for Dark Souls, it has that ty japanese feel to it that ruins the game for me, and I didn't care for the animation or graphics much. Witcher 2 isn't exactly the best graphics or best animation, but the characters and voice acting, combined w/ the branching story has kept my interest vs Dark Souls which I played for a few hours and couldn't get into.

Negative on the operator.

Have you played SC Blacklist? Great game.. So many ways to approach missions, and great visuals. Only complaint I have on that game is Sam Fisher's new voice and look, but that's just me since I've been playing since the 1st game.
    What games did you find really hard on SNES? I always thought of the NES as the system with the really difficult games. E.g., stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, Ghosts n Goblins, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What games did you find really hard on SNES? I always thought of the NES as the system with the really difficult games. E.g., stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, Ghosts n Goblins, etc.
    , all of them. I remember beating Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 1 and 2.. but that's about it. Battletoads was one of the hardest games of all time.. Super Contra was hard.. Link to the Past? ing forget it, that game was ruthless at leaving you to find your own way.. Super R-Type used to frustrate the out of me.. and yeah, NES also had the ridiculously hard games too, but I didn't mention it because I was poverty tier at that age and didn't have one

Thread Information