Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny obviously has not shot the ball well recently but that's no reason to discount his ability to shoot in general.
    Hanga on the other hand has never shot above 35% from 3 in the ACB and his FT% is at an abysmal 58% this season. That's why I don't have very high expections for him.
    Agree that Hanga will never be a 3 pt shooter who teams fear but the guy is a slasher and thats why this season he shot 65% inside the arc in spanish league and 56% in euroleague. If your expectations of Hanga are that he will come in and dominate the NBA then you will be very dissapointed, but I think Hanga can come over and make the rotation as a defender,rebounder, and energy type player. When asked to play big minutes for his country in eurobasket 2013 he played very well putting up 16 pts, 4rbs, 2 asts, 2 stls, 1 block per game in just under 30 mpg and still had 2 pt fg% of 53% for the tourney.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yav- That sounds like a good replacement for Green or Bellini

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga is 25 as of April... if he's gonna make it in the NBA, it's gonna have to be soon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga is 25 as of April... if he's gonna make it in the NBA, it's gonna have to be soon...
    Manu came over at 25, Splitter at 26, and Oberto at 30. I don't think it will be his age that keeps him out of the NBA. He's not overly long, having a wingspan maybe 2-2.5" longer than his height, and he doesn't shoot the 3 ball/FTs well. I don't think he can make it as an "athletic player" in the NBA, and if he can't space the floor, he's of no use to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu came over at 25, Splitter at 26, and Oberto at 30. I don't think it will be his age that keeps him out of the NBA. He's not overly long, having a wingspan maybe 2-2.5" longer than his height, and he doesn't shoot the 3 ball/FTs well. I don't think he can make it as an "athletic player" in the NBA, and if he can't space the floor, he's of no use to the Spurs.
    I do not agree on shooting as the primary asset to be a spur. in years past defense was the calling card for the spurs and yet we landed Belli and mills who were and are both average defenders on a good day. Hanga can definatly be considered an athletic player by nba standards and his strengths are his defense and ability to slash to the bucket. Hanga is also a pretty good passer as well and brings lots of energy to the game when he is on the court. I do not expect huge things from him but he can be a 10-20 mpg off the bench reserve for this team without a doubt and contribute on the offensive end of the floor without being a liablility there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not agree on shooting as the primary asset to be a spur. in years past defense was the calling card for the spurs and yet we landed Belli and mills who were and are both average defenders on a good day.
    Days past are days past. Shooting the 3 ball is required of our SGs and SFs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An added asset to the sg and sf to shoot 3's most definatly, a requirement, dont think so..Why draft Hanga in the 1st place if he has never been around 40% from the 3 pt line? Hanga provides many other things to a game which is needed and one of those can occasionaly 3 pt shooting, albeit it is not great or even good for that matter, I believe he could still keep teams honest at around a 35% clip on this roster. Lets make hanga out to be a dreadfull shooter, cause he is not, its simply not a strength at this time.
    I think they drafted Hanga hoping he would improve beyond the arc. After all, Kawhi was only 29% in college. They've had Hanga over at the practice facility during summers, and I imagine Chip has worked with him, and he's still at 34% from the shorter Euro arc. They'll draft a player thinking he can improve beyond the arc, but they won't put a draft and stash on the roster until he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Kawhi learned to hit 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Kawhi learned to hit 3's.
    Parker is the PG. The floor is spaced FOR HIM, not the other way around. Kawhi was hitting 38% his rookie year after minimal sessions with Chip. Hanga's sessions with Chip apparently haven't paid off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is the PG. The floor is spaced FOR HIM, not the other way around. Kawhi was hitting 38% his rookie year after minimal sessions with Chip. Hanga's sessions with Chip apparently haven't paid off.
    dude cmon, if you think kawhi would have hit 38% on any team in any situation or team you are kidding yourself. In case you have not noticed every player who comes to the spurs has a huge increase in 3pt shooting % due to the inside presence and spacing on the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 3 pointer Green can't do with the ball when his man is on him. We need someone who can dribble the ing ball, slam the ing ball and pass the ball to OUR PLAYERS NOT THE OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS>

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga sucks. Just saw his game in ACB playoffs. Guy is athletic, but that`s all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said the same thing about Manu, Scola, Splitter..etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said the same thing about Manu, Scola, Splitter..etc...
    Yeah, I forgot how Hanga is considered to be the best at his position in the Euroleague like those guys were when they played there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep but people were still ting on them before they came over.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his 3 ball is good enough to keep defenses honest, he could be EXTREMELY valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his 3 ball is good enough to keep defenses honest, he could be EXTREMELY valuable.
    It isn't, not even after a couple of summer sessions with Chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude cmon, if you think kawhi would have hit 38% on any team in any situation or team you are kidding yourself.
    Where the did you come up with THAT from what I posted? I would DIRECTLY attribute Kawhi's shooting to being on the Spurs, since they have the best shooting coach in the NBA. Chip has worked with Hanga during summers, yet he's still a mid 30s shooter from the Euro line. Cory never clicked, either. Some players don't.
    In case you have not noticed every player who comes to the spurs has a huge increase in 3pt shooting % due to the inside presence and spacing on the floor.
    Nope. When players have no history of a consistent 3 pointer, the shot doctor, Chip England is responsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc, hanga himself said he doesn't feel like he's ready... not a good sign for somebody 25 years old

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the spurs have to do is bat .300 with these draft and stash kids. Hanga may end up being the next victor sanakidze, but for each one of those the spurs have found a Bertans and LJC who I think will be contributors in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think Hanga will never cross the pond. Is it possible he plays for our Summer League team this year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't, not even after a couple of summer sessions with Chip.
    Usually the team he plays for has him do what they want which might not be standing on the baseline waiting for a pass to shoot a 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually the team he plays for has him do what they want which might not be standing on the baseline waiting for a pass to shoot a 3.
    Doesn't matter. Kawhi was a low volume shooter at first, and still hit 38% from the NBA line. Hanga's getting a decent amount of shots, minutes adjusted. He just isn't hitting them at a good clip.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga I don't think spent that much time with the spurs staff ... Maybe a week?

He likely isn't any worse than the parade of d-league scrubs the spurs run through on 10-days and would still have potential to improve to become a 10th man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga I don't think spent that much time with the spurs staff ... Maybe a week?

He likely isn't any worse than the parade of d-league scrubs the spurs run through on 10-days and would still have potential to improve to become a 10th man
    Kawhi had from the draft to 30 June before the lockout. That's a matter of days. He went from 29% from the NCAA line to 38% from the NBA line.

Thread Information