Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's real pesky. Not much of an offensive threat but he plays a role in one of the best defenses in the euroleague
    For those that watch his game, does he have the "3" part of the "3 and D" equation? If so, maybe his ceiling is a Rasul Butler type player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that watch his game, does he have the "3" part of the "3 and D" equation? If so, maybe his ceiling is a Rasul Butler type player?
    Glanced at his stats and he was shooting 26% from 3 on few attempts. He's athletic but no more than Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glanced at his stats and he was shooting 26% from 3 on few attempts. He's athletic but no more than Simmons.
    That would seem to indicate that he doesn't work on his shot enough. The lack of attempts shows that he has no confidence in his 3 point shot. His shooting percentage confirms why. Practice would help raise both. At this point the only Spurs uni he is going to wear would be a summer league team at best. With his low likelihood of making the big team it would not make sense for him to pass up the bigger money to stay in Europe instead of playing for Austin. Oh no, a wasted 59th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could probably look at some of his older videos, but I'm too lazy to look him, wasn't he a pretty damn good slasher when he was a bit younger? Looks like he just sitting there wanting to settle for threes now which he knocks down, but his low shooting percentage worries me though he doesn't have a bad form. Gets beat pretty bad on the play, but shows some pretty impressive athleticism to get back in the play and block that shot. He's going to be 27 year old rookie if comes over next season, and really doesn't show anything that stands out about him at his age of play. As mentioned I wonder if Simmons changed everything for Hanga, as Simmons has that he some moves to get to the basket in the NBA level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could probably look at some of his older videos, but I'm too lazy to look him, wasn't he a pretty damn good slasher when he was a bit younger? Looks like he just sitting there wanting to settle for threes now which he knocks down, but his low shooting percentage worries me though he doesn't have a bad form. Gets beat pretty bad on the play, but shows some pretty impressive athleticism to get back in the play and block that shot. He's going to be 27 year old rookie if comes over next season, and really doesn't show anything that stands out about him at his age of play. As mentioned I wonder if Simmons changed everything for Hanga, as Simmons has that he some moves to get to the basket in the NBA level.
    His lack of development, especially a reliable 3 point shot likely means that the Spurs are never going to bring him over.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he can play in the Final Four. It seems that he picked up some kind of injury a couple of games ago. The team really needs his energetic play. Bertans also had to play way more minutes than usual in his absence (37 in the last game).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the only way he comes is if the Spurs have to gut the roster to make room for a big signing, and then have to fill out the bench with cheap prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really starting to warm up to Adam. If Chip can get that shot fixed, he could be a rotation player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really sceptical about his ability to improve his shooting. In his four seasons playing in Spain his 3PT%s and made 3s are:

11/12 26.8%, 22 made in 34 games
    12/13 35.3%, 41 made in 32 games
    13/14 33.3%, 15 made in 26 games
    14/15 25.0%, 31 made in 35 games
    15/16 31.5%, 51 made in 65 games

Those numbers don't show much progress over 5 years. I guess his shot form looks alright. It's compact but the release point looks to be a bit low. Maybe Chip can turn him into an average shooter but I wouldn't count on it.
    Still I hope that we can finally see him suit up in the Summer League.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really sceptical about his ability to improve his shooting. In his four seasons playing in Spain his 3PT%s and made 3s are:

11/12 26.8%, 22 made in 34 games
    12/13 35.3%, 41 made in 32 games
    13/14 33.3%, 15 made in 26 games
    14/15 25.0%, 31 made in 35 games
    15/16 31.5%, 51 made in 65 games

Those numbers don't show much progress over 5 years. I guess his shot form looks alright. It's compact but the release point looks to be a bit low. Maybe Chip can turn him into an average shooter but I wouldn't count on it.
    Still I hope that we can finally see him suit up in the Summer League.
    I'm not nearly enough of a shot doctor to know if Hanga's shot is fixable the way Kawhi's was (including things like changing mechanics and having the right work ethic), but Kawhi is enough of an example that I can't worry too much about just the percentages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see him ever coming over and making it in the nba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not nearly enough of a shot doctor to know if Hanga's shot is fixable the way Kawhi's was (including things like changing mechanics and having the right work ethic), but Kawhi is enough of an example that I can't worry too much about just the percentages.
    Kawhi is an outlier.

If Chip is a miracle worker with shooting mechanics, the Spurs should've been bombing away like the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is an outlier.

If Chip is a miracle worker with shooting mechanics, the Spurs should've been bombing away like the Warriors.
    I agree that Kawhi is an outlier. But if Chip can help take Kawhi from 25% in college to 44% in the NBA, maybe he can get Hanga from 32% in Europe to 38-39% in the NBA, which would be servicable.

I don't want to sound like one of those guys who thinks Chip can improve anyone's percentages, I just wonder if Hanga has a fixable mechanical flaw; it seems that Kawhi did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Kawhi is an outlier. But if Chip can help take Kawhi from 25% in college to 44% in the NBA, maybe he can get Hanga from 32% in Europe to 38-39% in the NBA, which would be servicable.

I don't want to sound like one of those guys who thinks Chip can improve anyone's percentages, I just wonder if Hanga has a fixable mechanical flaw; it seems that Kawhi did.
    Adam Hanga's J is not that flawed, albeit with a low release point, but he's just not a shooter. He's an athletic defender, slasher and a better playmaker that he's usually given credit for, but he's never been a shooter and it'd be very unlikely to suddenly become a 38-39% 3 point shooter in the NBA. There are a lot of guys with nice form on their J that just never become even average shooters.

His hypothetical role in the NBA would be as an off the bench defender, who can run the floor in an uptempo style. Not too different to what Simmons has been for the Spurs this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to make it as a defensive wing player if you aren't far above average on that end. From what I have seen Hanga's impact on that end mostly comes from leveraging his superior athleticism to get steals and blocks. But then again it's pretty tough to evaluate individual defense in Europe because you just don't see too many isolations.

In the end I think he just doesn't have enough going for him that would set him apart from your average D-League prospect to warrant a roster spot. But I would be glad if he proved me wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Hanga's J is not that flawed, albeit with a low release point, but he's just not a shooter. He's an athletic defender, slasher and a better playmaker that he's usually given credit for, but he's never been a shooter and it'd be very unlikely to suddenly become a 38-39% 3 point shooter in the NBA. There are a lot of guys with nice form on their J that just never become even average shooters.

His hypothetical role in the NBA would be as an off the bench defender, who can run the floor in an uptempo style. Not too different to what Simmons has been for the Spurs this season.
    Thanks for the rundown. Simmons shot 38% from 3, albeit mostly in garbage time and on 1 attempt per game. He did shoot 52% from the corners.

I just don't know if Hanga can eventually make the rotation if he stays a non-threat from 3. Even being a Bowen-like threat (only from the corners) would be good enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is an outlier.

You can add Tony to that outlier too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good point about his defense, he seems to have space here (maybe a player kind Sefolosha)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good point about his defense, he seems to have space here (maybe a player kind Sefolosha)
    Yup 3rd for Euroleague Defensive Player of the Year. I didn't know that either, and a perimeter player, not a big... very interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Hanga going to turn down his national team for summer league? He's never done it before.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Hanga going to turn down his national team for summer league? He's never done it before.
    Hungary did not qualify for the Olympics out of Europe, nor made the Qualifying field of 18 for the last three spots. Therefore, the only national team games would be friendlies.

Thread Information