Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had from the draft to 30 June before the lockout. That's a matter of days. He went from 29% from the NCAA line to 38% from the NBA line.
    Kawhi is a better player. He could have started day one as a twenty year old. He is better at basketball and better at learning. No one is expecting Hanga to come in and be a starter.

He also had better coaching in his life before the spurs compared to hanga. There is a reason Hanga has said that young Hungarian players should do the opposite of him and leave Hungary for other teams as soon as possible. Because he knows it hurt his development.

Steve Fisher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all Hungarian coaches combined.

Kawhi's high school coaches were better. And the private ball gyms/academies he worked at during the lockout were much better than Hanga had in Hungary. When you add that Kawhi is much better naturally, I don't see how that prevents Hanga from getting small improvements to his game to become a guy who logs 50 dnps a year and plays in blowouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a better player. He could have started day one as a twenty year old. He is better at basketball and better at learning. No one is expecting Hanga to come in and be a starter.

He also had better coaching in his life before the spurs compared to hanga. There is a reason Hanga has said that young Hungarian players should do the opposite of him and leave Hungary for other teams as soon as possible. Because he knows it hurt his development.

Steve Fisher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all Hungarian coaches combined.

Kawhi's high school coaches were better. And the private ball gyms/academies he worked at during the lockout were much better than Hanga had in Hungary. When you add that Kawhi is much better naturally, I don't see how that prevents Hanga from getting small improvements to his game to become a guy who logs 50 dnps a year and plays in blowouts.
    My point is that some players can learn to shoot the long ball well, and others can't do better than maybe slightly below average. Cory joseph has a nice jumper, and has been here for four years working with Chip, and I'd leave him wide open at the line and help off him all day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that Hanga hasn't had all that much high level coaching, and I wouldn't swear that he couldn't play in the NBA. Now, of course, at his age, it's very unlikely that his skills will advance to a great level even with all the help he could get. But he could get to a decent level.

Hanga didn't spend 'summers' with chip. He's been here twice. Once before the lockout for a tour of facilities and expectations, and another week or so in 2012 with some drills and conditioning work. He missed 2013 summer with injury. If he had Kawhi's talent maybe he'd be awesome already, but he doesn't.

He's never spent a lot of time working on skill work in sa. He has never been on a summer league team. And prior to this year, when he did leave Hungary, he went to a terrible acb team that was getting blown out nearly every time they played, so not the best situation or good compe ive minutes.

Not making excuses for him. I've posted for over a year about how his background makes it unlikely for him to succeed. But I'd rather see him play in Austin and get into camp with the spurs and get garbage minutes than othyus Jeffers or the other call up scrubs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a third string SG/SF and can be used when we need someone to handle the ball and attack the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no thankyou

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...-avellino.html

Hanga is being loaned from Baskonia, Bertans' team, to Avellino, Thomas' team. Weird. Should allow for some direct comparisons. Will Bertans do better than Hanga with Baskonia (likely)? Will Hanga do better than Thomas with Avellino (unlikely)? My guess is we'll be able to write off Hanga after this season (for those who haven't already).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...-avellino.html

Hanga is being loaned from Baskonia, Bertans' team, to Avellino, Thomas' team. Weird. Should allow for some direct comparisons. Will Bertans do better than Hanga with Baskonia (likely)? Will Hanga do better than Thomas with Avellino (unlikely)? My guess is we'll be able to write off Hanga after this season (for those who haven't already).
    If you haven't written off Thomas the minute he was drafted, you're not paying attention.

Bertans
    Hanga
    kids on the street
    old people in wheel chairs
    small animals
    Deshaun Thomas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this article on projectspurs:

http://projectspurs.com/2015-article...-in-italy.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wish these videos wouldn't consist mostly of fastbreak dunks.. but that floater he is showing looks pretty nice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be nice to see him in summer camp to see what he can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wish these videos wouldn't consist mostly of fastbreak dunks.. but that floater he is showing looks pretty nice.
    A little bit of Manu in him. Hmmmm....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of looking to a draft rights player, they kicked over a tire and sign beli. Win now. Hate potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of looking to a draft rights player, they kicked over a tire and sign beli. Win now. Hate potential.
    That's what championship teams do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what championship teams do.
    I'd rather the spurs lose and show some faith in players that they draft. I personally think they would still win. Probably even still win now, and have a better shot at win later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *risk lose now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The italian league has now started (news to me anyway) making full games available on http://www.legabasketv.it/ you just have to register for a free account.

Quality is mostly unimpressive, as it looks like the highest resolution is 480, but I'm going to watch some games in the next couple of weeks to see for myself how Hanga is as a prospect at this stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone speak to his on ball defensive ability?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll watch a few games of his over the weekend and give my meager thoughts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather the spurs lose and show some faith in players that they draft. I personally think they would still win. Probably even still win now, and have a better shot at win later.
    What do you call their treatment of CoJo? He stunk up the place for a long time. I think you will see the same kind of treatment for Kyle Anderson. The Spurs evidently judge talent different than you. Hmmmm.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you call their treatment of CoJo? He stunk up the place for a long time. I think you will see the same kind of treatment for Kyle Anderson. The Spurs evidently judge talent different than you. Hmmmm.....
    weak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs judge talent like a 90 year old retired consultant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs judge talent like a 90 year old retired consultant.
    You obviously discount the value of experience. Those that do generally lack it themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously discount the value of experience. Those that do generally lack it themselves.
    i would argue i credit the value of experience more than you can understand. experience is valuable. especially the right kind, applied to the right individual. actually playing basketball will make you a better player. playing some, practicing some, and mostly sitting on the bench with THE spurs will make you a champion of the most legit league. so who do you want actually playing basketball, and who do you want becoming a champion?

A guy like Hanga should have been becoming a champion his true rookie season. He should have been worth a damn by sop re/junior season. If not, then he should be actually playing basketball in Europe. but the 90 year old consultant has it the other way around, scratching his head about injuries and busts. Not just injuries and busts of his reversed foreign projects, but also the ones he has insisted on using as pieces of a championship caliber team.

Thread Information