They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day is almost over and there's not a single thread about the significance of today. So let me just say:

I've been listening to talk radio all day and I've been brought to tears many times listening to the broadcasts of that horrible day. And hearing the callers talk about losing loved ones that day or losing loved ones in the ensuing war.

Todd Beamer's father called in to Sean Hannity's show and talked about his son's faith and courage and the courage of all those on United Flight 93. A man called in to Mark Levin's program - he was one of the rescue workers at the World Trade Center. He now has cancer, but still loves this country and wouldn't change what he did that day. So many true heroes!

So I want to honor those who gave their life that day and say thank you to our brave military who have kept us safe these 7 years. And yes, also to President Bush who led this country with courage and resolve. In the days right after 9/11, who would've thought that, 7 years later, we haven't had another attack.

Please don't turn this thread into a bash Bush and the war rant. Let's just remember this day and honor those who lost their life as a result of the actions of islamo-terrorists. Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say the sub-genre of "where I was 9/11" stories bore the out of me. I could give a crap what people were doing in Peoria, same as I don't expect them to care what I was doing in Bloomington.

But... the people who sacrificed their time, effort, sweat and energy digging through that rubble, after corpses, breathing toxic air are absolute diamond gem heroes in my mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Crooky, do you ever cry for 4100+ US troops' lives wasted in Iraq?

That's the one compe ion where dubya has actually beat Osama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually - yes I do.

All it took was one post before you had to say something ugly - why am I not surprised. And it was you and nbadan that I had in mind when I made the request not to turn this into a rant!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    All 9/11 is to me at this point is a sad reminder about how easily it was exploited and used to prey upon peoples' fears so we could kill Iraqis who had nothing to do with it. It's a shame, but that's what the neo-con right has turned 9/11 into- an exploitation tactic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    + ballijuana. Disgusting that they used 9.11 images at the RNC. That day doesn't belong to them and it doesn't belong to the GOP. them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All 9/11 is to me at this point is a sad reminder about how easily it was exploited and used to prey upon peoples' fears so we could kill Iraqis who had nothing to do with it. It's a shame, but that's what the neo-con right has turned 9/11 into- an exploitation tactic.
    + ballijuana. Disgusting that they used 9.11 images at the RNC. That day doesn't belong to them and it doesn't belong to the GOP. them.
    Fail.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes, look it up in the directionary, you'll see this picture:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Democrats can't win elections, Republicans can't run the country. There is probably some sort of inverse relationship going on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I make a simple request and still you guys have to get in your digs. Can't you put your hatred aside for one day and just honor those who died? After all, McCain and Obama did.

It was a horrible day - and not just for the USA. And those who lost loved ones will never forget the horror of that day - all I ask is that we take just a moment to remember them - but I guess that's too much to ask of some of you immature posters.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sorry, but I don't give up my free speech rights for some phony "moment of silence' or some such. I honor them in my own way by not giving in to kitsch.

If Kori or timvp has a problem with my comments, then I'll take my lumps and a temporary ban or whatever they feel is appropriate. Otherwise, ignore me or deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh stuff it findog! What a load of bs "my free speech rights". Get over yourself - you're not that important!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crooks,

now you know why it was never brought up. nevertheless, it was a horrible day and brought our country to a screeching halt for a few days. It was the one time we all came together as Americans and maybe the last time. For those who lost their lives that day God Bless and for those who have lost their lives since God Bless them too.

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The day is almost over and there's not a single thread about the significance of today. So let me just say:

I've been listening to talk radio all day and I've been brought to tears many times listening to the broadcasts of that horrible day. And hearing the callers talk about losing loved ones that day or losing loved ones in the ensuing war.

Todd Beamer's father called in to Sean Hannity's show and talked about his son's faith and courage and the courage of all those on United Flight 93. A man called in to Mark Levin's program - he was one of the rescue workers at the World Trade Center. He now has cancer, but still loves this country and wouldn't change what he did that day. So many true heroes!

So I want to honor those who gave their life that day and say thank you to our brave military who have kept us safe these 7 years. And yes, also to President Bush who led this country with courage and resolve. In the days right after 9/11, who would've thought that, 7 years later, we haven't had another attack.

Please don't turn this thread into a bash Bush and the war rant. Let's just remember this day and honor those who lost their life as a result of the actions of islamo-terrorists. Thank you.
    You cite several people who were either directly involved or suffered a personal loss on 9/11. I can certainly understand if they're still deeply affected by it 7 years later, but why do you feel the need to continue to marry yourself to their tragedy?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That ing crying eagle makes me want to vomit.

Agreed.

I make a simple request and still you guys have to get in your digs. Can't you put your hatred aside for one day and just honor those who died? After all, McCain and Obama did.

It was a horrible day - and not just for the USA. And those who lost loved ones will never forget the horror of that day - all I ask is that we take just a moment to remember them - but I guess that's too much to ask of some of you immature posters.
    politicized grieving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never forget that day for what it was....the most significant attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor nearly 60 years before it.

What ensued, from the false sense of nationalistic pride (where are all the American Flag stickers now?!?!?) to the Iraq War blunder, in my mind has no bearing on what happened that day.

That's a day when we stopped being naive about our vulnerability and about the world around us. Where we go from here is just as important because it will be with the lessons of 9/11 in our memories....regardless of whether it is 7 years later.

As long as terrorism from extremist groups exist to destroy our way of life, I will remember that day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never forget the day we attacked ourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never forget the day we attacked ourselves.
    Are you playing the "government conspiracy" card....seriously?

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Are you playing the "government conspiracy" card....seriously?
    Posts about conspiracies in a thread about 9/11? I'm surprised it lasted this long...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ing crying eagle makes me want to vomit.
    That's our tattooed tear for Iraq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Maher:

"...Liberals must stop saying President Bush hasn't asked Americans to sacrifice for the war on terror. On the contrary, he's asked us to sacrifice something enormous. Our civil rights.

"...after 9/11, President Bush told us Osama bin Laden could run but he couldn't hide. But, then he ran and hid. So, Bush went to Plan B: pissing on the Cons ution and torturing random people."
    The 911 Victims don't need remembrance or memorials, what they need is justice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information