Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richards seems close to signing with a Swiss team:
    http://www.hoopsfix.com/2011/09/ryan...n-switzerland/

If it's true, he will play in a low level league which should allow him to get plenty of playing time.
    Ryan Richards Signs With Lugano Tigers Of Switzerland
    Sep 09, 2011 10:56 AM EDT

Ryan Richards has signed with Lugano Tigers of Switzerland.

Richards was selected with the 49th overall pick of the 2010 NBA Draft by the Spurs. Richards spent last year recovering from two shoulder surgeries.
    Via Sportando

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1XZ49Anez

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a new video of Ryans performances with the GB team over summer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsDi...layer_embedded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected Richards is doing well in Switzerland. 15/17 for his first game and 19/11 in his second one. His team won these games by 48 and 33 points.

Richards has done such an odd career choice with Lugano. I hope for him he won't stay the whole year there. Getting playing time is good but not really at this level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected Richards is doing well in Switzerland. 15/17 for his first game and 19/11 in his second one. His team won these games by 48 and 33 points.

Richards has done such an odd career choice with Lugano. I hope for him he won't stay the whole year there. Getting playing time is good but not really at this level.
    I disagree with your last statement..PT is essential for RR with his lost season recently. I am pretty sure he will see plenty of double and triple teams at this level so its possible that this could help him see the floor better and increase his passing skills alot. Anyways, I do agree that hopefully he will step up to a tougher level, but I see no rush in this..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we got the second coming of Cliff Robinson at with 56th pick it would be a GREAT pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the 49th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a PF with more grit than bosh and odom, Nice handles and face up game, plays with a bit of fire, handles the ball well but not as good as odom, better than bosh, better shooter than bosh or odom, good passer and rebounder, blocks shots about like odom,

I love his upside, if the spurs can get a big man coach.
    Which of these 3 do not belong in the same sentance? Bosh, Odom, Richards....

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RR being invited to camp this year? Can he play for the Toros?

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    RR being invited to camp this year? Can he play for the Toros?
    Isn't he signed in Europe? Not being on an NBA roster, I doubt he'd have an out clause...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he signed in Europe? Not being on an NBA roster, I doubt he'd have an out clause...
    Seems like he'd been playing with some team that was way below his skill level and was killing it. Would have rather seen him here than some of the flotsam they're likely to court. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which of these 3 do not belong in the same sentance? Bosh, Odom, Richards....
    Bosh, he's a scrub.

Still Trying To Dunk It Plumblbw's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, seeing as Richards grew up 1 junction down the M2 motorway away from me, there was quite a bit of buzz for local basketball fans when he was drafted by the Spurs. I hoped he would spend time in Austin to develop rather than being stashed in Europe.

I've being keeping an eye on the Tigers' boxscores and I noticed Richards has come off the bench for the last 4 games straight. Looking at his boxscore overall (I do realise this doesn't always translate to the player's effectiveness on the court) he seems pretty inconsistant.

You would hope that if he's playing against the Micronesia under 13 girls league that he should be dominating. If he can't dominate at this level is there any hope for him in the NBA? Or could it just be a lack of motivation in an arrogant way, whereby he feels he's above them?

Bruno / Anonymous Cowherd, have you been able to catch any of his games to see how he is actually playing? Also, and if so, are you able to advise which source you used to watch the game please?

Thanks
    Wayne

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, sorry. As a Londoner I also have hopes for him. I would be very psyched to see him play in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe he's just 18/19 and needs some time to grow up, get stronger, and get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe he's just 18/19 and needs some time to grow up, get stronger, and get better.
    He'll be 21 in April. Joseph and Leonard are both younger than Richards.

And he's playing in a low level European league and not even starting.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to be reasonable about Richards, he may never make it, despite having all the tools to be really good. Still have no problem with picking him. It's akin to taking a gamble that you win 10% of the time, lose 90% but has a positive expected value. Sure, you lost, but it was certainly a reasonable ticket to purchase. He could still come off, it just seems doubtful.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. making up "remember" stories won't bring him back on track nor bring back your reputation as a "talent evaluater". ("Ryan Richards is more talented than Lamar Odom or Chris Bosh" jeeezzz).
    he was never projected as a 1st rounder, he always was projected a 2nd round bubble. this was not without a reason. guess what, like most late 2nd rounders he might not even be NBA material.
    "big man take time" bla bla. ever thought that no matter how quick they develop, the point is, that they develop at all. RR didn't show the slightest development over 2 and half year. in fact he goes downhill rapidly. this kid will struggle to even build a 3rd level Euro pro career. call it a miracle if he ever can land a contract in a top 5 league in Europe. (even as a minor role player)
    NBA? not even if he swam the Atlantic.
    and you predict him to become a NBA star, who will help deliver the Spurs a ring. your "talent evaluations" are in fact even more ridiculous than KBP. ("Teletovic is better than Dirk")

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your "talent evaluations" are in fact even more ridiculous than KBP. ("Teletovic is better than Dirk")
    I put it to you that this is, in fact, not true.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just from KBPing his boxscores and looking at the players on that team I recognize, He looks like he's working on the level of a D-League bench player, and that might be generous. I don't know if it's worth using a roster spot to have him play there next season, though they can get around it if Ryan can take the pay hit.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just from KBPing his boxscores and looking at the players on that team I recognize, He looks like he's working on the level of a D-League bench player, and that might be generous. I don't know if it's worth using a roster spot to have him play there next season, though they can get around it if Ryan can take the pay hit.
    eh... sucks to hear but not totally surprising. Hopefully he does well enough to eventually earn a training camp spot so we can get a up close and personal look at him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21 years old for a big is still young..........add to the fact that he is coming off shoulder surgery and I can give him another year or two before I right him off.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have a point? Bosh and Odom never have lived up to talent level and Richards has as much talent as they do be it raw. The question is what will the spurs do with it?
    Non-rhetorical question: do you make that comparison to those players if Richards is right-handed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information