Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best name from the boxscore: Elvis Kadic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austrian League?

Maybe pickup games at the YMCA will be good for his development.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Ryan Richards claims Austrian A Bundesliga weekly honour
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Austria/ba...?NewsID=309095
    Talented British Ryan Richards (212-C/F-91, agency: Interperformances) had a great game in the last round for league's leader BC Vienna and that's him to receive a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 24.
    The 21-year old had a double-double of 22 points and eleven rebounds
    Ryan Richards averages just after two games 27.5ppg and 10.5rpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone has their bottoming out point. Let's hope being in this league is the wake up call that he needed. I just don't know if he has the hunger needed to drive himself to improve and succeed. That type of thing in an inherent quality in people and for him to end up in such a low level league, I just don't think it is in him. We will see if he can keep up a sustained improvement over time.

Wish him the best of luck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see if he gets invited to Spurs summer camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone has their bottoming out point. Let's hope being in this league is the wake up call that he needed. I just don't know if he has the hunger needed to drive himself to improve and succeed. That type of thing in an inherent quality in people and for him to end up in such a low level league, I just don't think it is in him. We will see if he can keep up a sustained improvement over time.

Wish him the best of luck.
    It will be interesting to see if he gets invited to Spurs summer camp.
    It is interesting that he keeps playing-that is keeps signing with teams. Unlike Jackie Butler- who got a contract and disappeared. or many others who didn't do well initialy and gave up.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ryan richards is dominating ...............

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/..._2913_2082.asp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in the limited time that he did play last year in the summer league he did pretty good. Not sure if he is a Diva or maybe has some mental issues but from his initial interviews he came across as a good kid. I can't remember but I think he was in the Chicago camp before the draft and they asked one of the top ten draft picks which player has impressed you the most and his answer was "That British kid - Ryan Richards". Either way I want to see him in the Summer League again the guy has the talent the question can he get his head straight.

One thing I like about him is that he won't back down and you put him with Baynes and we end up being the bad boys of old..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31 pts and 9 boards for Richards today..
    http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/..._2913_2082.asp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can say that this kid and also Adam Hanga would not be a upgrade over Bonner and Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can say that this kid and also Adam Hanga would not be a upgrade over Bonner and Neal.
    Ryan Richards would not be an upgrade over Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bonner was playing in that bush league, yeah, he'd have games like that too. RR needs to work his way back up by about 3 orders of magnitude of better compe ion before anyone says he's better than the 15th player on the worst team in the NBA. I also seriously doubt we make any offer to Neal this off season, so the point of whether Hanga would be better than someone who won't be on the team seems to be moot. He would need to be better than someone who will be on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to see that he's dominating the Austrian YMCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Richards over. He clearly can't get consistent coaching overseas. Let him play for the summer league and sign him to a non-guaranteed three-year deal. Give him some time to develop in Austin. Worst comes to worst, cut him after a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Richards over. He clearly can't get consistent coaching overseas. Let him play for the summer league and sign him to a non-guaranteed three-year deal. Give him some time to develop in Austin. Worst comes to worst, cut him after a year.
    If we keep our draft pick and we bring over Bertans, I don't think we would want to bring him over. We have enough room under the luxury tax that we can and should get a better big for at least a one or two year deal. I think that is way we should go. Not RR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we keep our draft pick and we bring over Bertans, I don't think we would want to bring him over. We have enough room under the luxury tax that we can and should get a better big for at least a one or two year deal. I think that is way we should go. Not RR.
    The Spurs are losing perhaps three bigs this off-season. So there should be room to bring in a free agent and still have a project or two on the bench. If the Spurs draft a big that isn't going to be stashed overseas, then you're right that he would be directly competing with Richards for a roster spot. But there are too many variables to know whether Richards will be able to make the team yet anyway.

I agree that getting Bertans over is a higher priority. I would also like to see a good free agent brought in along with the Spurs keeping Splitter. But I don't think the team loses anything if they have to cut Richards in training camp, and it would give him a chance to latch onto another team; he really needs to get into the NBA/D-league for his sake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bonner was playing in that bush league, yeah, he'd have games like that too. RR needs to work his way back up by about 3 orders of magnitude of better compe ion before anyone says he's better than the 15th player on the worst team in the NBA. I also seriously doubt we make any offer to Neal this off season, so the point of whether Hanga would be better than someone who won't be on the team seems to be moot. He would need to be better than someone who will be on the team.
    So what league was Ian playing for and how long was he playing ball before we drafted him and invested three years into him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what league was Ian playing for and how long was he playing ball before we drafted him and invested three years into him?
    French A, IIRC. Not exactly Spain, but at least two levels above Austria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ian is not a success story. The team poured an enormous amount of resources into Ian only to determine that he would never become what they needed him to be. Ian is a poster child for what we should not do.

RR needs to show that he has what it takes to make this team first. Going on a nose dive in the compe ive level of play is not what this team wants to see if they are going to bring him over. RR needs to work his way back up in terms of the compe iveness of the league he is playing in. Right now he should feel ecstatic if he gets an invite to the Spurs summer camp.

IMHO, RR needs to take a large slice of humble pie and swallow it. He needs to accept that he has to work his butt off every day for a shot at something better, that he is owed nothing. His view should be that the only easy day was yesterday and that it is time to be the first guy in the gym and the last one out. He needs to look at film and seek advice from wherever he can for how he can be better. He needs to find the motivation to work from the first toss-up until the horn sounds at the end of the game. When these things happen, he will then move up the compe ive chain of basketball leagues and be newsworthy. In short, he needs to get his head straight. Unfortunately, that is the hardest thing to fix.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with most of what you say but I don't know that he has to "move up the compe ive chain of basketball leagues". For me if he comes into the summer league and plays well then we do what we did for CoJo a kid who only played one year of college ball. I honestly think if he can get on the Toros he could do what CoJo did and what you advised - Work his butt off and work on everything and move up and take a spot on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with most of what you say but I don't know that he has to "move up the compe ive chain of basketball leagues". For me if he comes into the summer league and plays well then we do what we did for CoJo a kid who only played one year of college ball. I honestly think if he can get on the Toros he could do what CoJo did and what you advised - Work his butt off and work on everything and move up and take a spot on the Spurs.
    CoJo was on the Spurs roster earning an NBA paycheck while playing in Austin. RR won't want to play for DLeague crumbs, and the Spurs won't want to pay him until he shows more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't get to refuse Richards if he pushes, though. They have to offer a contract or give up their rights. From their perspective, they might be best served to commit to seeing what Richards has for at least a whole summer. I'd bring him into training camp at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't get to refuse Richards if he pushes, though. They have to offer a contract or give up their rights. From their perspective, they might be best served to commit to seeing what Richards has for at least a whole summer. I'd bring him into training camp at least.
    Some players have done that. They get a minimum contract, unguaranteed, a training camp invite, and an invitation to the world at the end of camp.

RR probably shouldn't do that. At least one NBA team knows who he is right now.

Thread Information