Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one has even seen this guy play a game of basketball.
    You tube?....anyone. Clips plus 10 minutes of an actual game. The guy is going to be good trust me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tube?....anyone. Clips plus 10 minutes of an actual game. The guy is going to be good trust me.
    , seriously....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually serious with the Youtube comment LOL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.. Lol seriously. Everyone laughed at me when I said Neal was going to be talented. Lol and he had a 2 minute clip. So what if it's you tube, does that make him a different player? Your eyes are seeing the same thing you would if you were actually there. Anyway Richards will be very good but who knows.

Championships don't lie spursbird's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.. Lol seriously. Everyone laughed at me when I said Neal was going to be talented. Lol and he had a 2 minute clip. So what if it's you tube, does that make him a different player? Your eyes are seeing the same thing you would if you were actually there. Anyway Richards will be very good but who knows.
    Hey you haven't watched his single game, have you? So how can you judge him?
    And anyone can tell me if Dice will play the next season? If he stays, then there will be no chance for Richards to be on the roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey you haven't watched his single game, have you? So how can you judge him?
    And anyone can tell me if Dice will play the next season? If he stays, then there will be no chance for Richards to be on the roster.
    IIRC McDyess was always planning on retiring after this season.... then there was a rumor where he said he wanted to play next year, but it was followed up shortly with an interview with the Detroit press where he said he hurts after every game and still plans to retire this summer

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC McDyess was always planning on retiring after this season.... then there was a rumor where he said he wanted to play next year, but it was followed up shortly with an interview with the Detroit press where he said he hurts after every game and still plans to retire this summer
    Dice just wants to see Richards too.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember, is he ground bound or is he a high flyer?
    What's his vert?
    Okay...it's 25 inches so he's in the middle but he's a true 7 footer.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-co...m-test-results

Interesting Vids
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ryan-richards

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you haven't seen him play a game of basketball, like I said.

Yes.. Lol seriously. Everyone laughed at me when I said Neal was going to be talented. Lol and he had a 2 minute clip.
    Link.
    So what if it's you tube, does that make him a different player? Your eyes are seeing the same thing you would if you were actually there. Anyway Richards will be very good but who knows.
    You just said you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ran into Richards tonight for the first time since around Christmas. Physically he's grown about two inches and put on about 10 pounds of upper body strength. He must be living in the Spurs gym and weight room.
    Is he allowed to scrimmage with the team (officialy)
    I know a blog update on MySA said he was working out with the coaches...

It would be interesting to see him with some of the guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. I remember Viktor Sanikidze came in for a rehab and played with the team for a bit a couple years back. The only reason anyone couldn't scrimmage and workout with an NBA team is if they were a draft prospect and it was under the table.
    Infering from what you've said and what has been written I owuld bet he has scrimaged with the guys and the Spurs have a reasonable idea of what they have-

Your coment earlier about the time frame of 18-23 I think is accurate. Look at Mahinmi

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the Spurs are fairly tightlipped about all things and are not letting anything out about this Kid- wether he is a Ian type (perpetual intriguing prospect) or a contibuting player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Infering from what you've said and what has been written I owuld bet he has scrimaged with the guys and the Spurs have a reasonable idea of what they have-

Your coment earlier about the time frame of 18-23 I think is accurate. Look at Mahinmi

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the Spurs are fairly tightlipped about all things and are not letting anything out about this Kid- wether he is a Ian type (perpetual intriguing prospect) or a contibuting player.
    In all honesty I do not believe even the spurs know exactly what they have...With Richards being out of basketball with surgery since being drafted I think the spurs are just now learning about the kids work ethic and skillset.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't answer how, but supposedly before and after the surgeries Richards spent a lot of time in the weight room. Not sure why.
    So he can shoot lots and lots of threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he can shoot lots and lots of threes.
    He can do WHAT.....

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't seeing floor time any other way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lifting weights + infinite range =

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well his skill level is actually pretty good. He played in the Nike Hoop summit in 2006 or 2007 with Beasley, D-Rose, Batum guys like that. And he has a perimeter shot so that's a plus as well. He told me he feels comfortable playing 3, 4, 5. Don't get excited or anything yet, but he could be a good role player with the proper development.
    Hard not to get excited, however prematurely, hearing comments like that from the young man Phila.....but for now, I'll try to just patiently let the situation develop and look forward to him competing for a spot, then after that we can start the talk about hanging his jersey from the rafters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well his skill level is actually pretty good. He played in the Nike Hoop summit in 2006 or 2007 with Beasley, D-Rose, Batum guys like that. And he has a perimeter shot so that's a plus as well. He told me he feels comfortable playing 3, 4, 5. Don't get excited or anything yet, but he could be a good role player with the proper development.
    For some reason, my gut tells me he'll be a little more than a good role player. I really think he'll be a steal for us. Two of the biggest reasons I feel that way: Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich. If we can develop Ryan Richards the right way and Tiago Splitter improves the way we know he can, I think we can have a nice frontcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one of the youngest players in this previous draft. He turns 20 here in a few days. Not many players that age have that much experience. I would say that Channing Fry is a good comparison. Not a best case maybe, but a realistic development chance.
    So, his best case is better than that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say his best case is a combination of Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.
    How terribly disappointing, then.

Championships don't lie spursbird's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd say he's a combination of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson and Blair together. He can play one on five and we'd go 82-0.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, his best case is better than that?
    How terribly disappointing, then.

I'd say he's a combination of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson and Blair together. He can play one on five and we'd go 82-0.
    In all seriousness, once he's fully developed, I think he can cause matchup problems for opponents with his size and strength in the paint and his outside range. Also, don't forget that he's left handed.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, once he's fully developed, I think he can cause matchup problems for opponents with his size and strength in the paint and his outside range. Also, don't forget that he's left handed.
    This is what I was thinking. He could wind up like this...or he could be nothing. TBH, I'd but his best case scenario at Lamar Odom.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what will happen to the d-league in the event of a lockout?
    I noticed the D-League open tryouts are still on for June, so things just might be moving ahead independent of an NBA lockout. It would be interesting to see how things shake out if November and the D-League draft/training camps come to pass without any resolution in the big show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His skill set is similar to Chris Bosh with more range. He also has the upside to be a better defender and shot blocker than Bosh.
    , and you base this comparison how?

Thread Information