Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His skill set is similar to Chris Bosh with more range. He also has the upside to be a better defender and shot blocker than Bosh.
    He's also bigger and probably stronger than Bosh.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never has so much been written...by so many...who know so little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By watching him, He has a great jumper already out to 3 pt range. He can put the ball on the floor very well for a man his size. I would not be shocked if this guy played SF.

He has a nice hook shot and turn around jumper in the post albiet he needs to get a higher degree of angle on his shots in the post as they are somewhat flat.

Watch Bosh and whatch Richards.

Richards is already bigger and stronger, and seems to have a fire in his belly missing from almost all current spurs. If this guys health holds up, and Pops hires some one to coach bigs that knows what the they are doing this guy could be a stud.

He was a bigger steal than Anderson, and I think anderson is a future 17ppg guy.
    Ok, I am just curious where have you seen Richards play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I am just curious where have you seen Richards play?
    www.youtube.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Youtube is hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what I figured that most of you guys were watching...I too used to base players talent level off of youtube and then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXqwUXy2cw , best youtube of all time. Live and learn my friends..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what I figured that most of you guys were watching...I too used to base players talent level off of youtube and then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXqwUXy2cw , best youtube of all time. Live and learn my friends..
    HOLY &%$@
    Is this guy available!!!!??

Does anybody have his rights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunno why you guys are so high on him when he played against scrubs for his compe ion

while some of you guys are givin splitter ? fck this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will buy my Richards jersey in advance lol right about now this all we can count on,him and an injured shooting small foward. It's all over people we don't have a prayer.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In England last year before the draft. I could not believe he didnt go in the first round. Way more upside than half the first round picks last year.

While I only saw him in 3 games agains college level talent, you could see this guy would have been a top 3 high school player in the US had he been here.

He plays with Nick George who was a good D1 player at VCU a couple years ago. Loul Deng was also in the game and Richards got the best of him several times down the floor.

He needs PT to get some experiance but I will tell you he has great upside as a PF/SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, A quick search suggests that is Alex Lloyd assistant with theToros
    (may even say this somepwhere but the sound is off my computer for the moment)
    Looks like it is overseas looking at the FT cone

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.youtube.com/user/coachdribbledrive

for people who really want to do some research - lots of footage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it is overseas looking at the FT cone
    You're probably right, but I know Richards has been in town for workouts. DaSean Butler tweeted about going to the mall w/ Richards a few weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The videos were filmed in Kent in England, where Ryan's from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs draft pick Ryan Richards (1991 born) has confirmed to Hoopsfix he will be playing with the Great Britain Under 20s team this summer at the Division B European Championships in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Despite spending the past season rehabbing from two shoulder surgeries, the 7’0″ big man who is about to start going full 5 on 5 again in the coming weeks, is extremely confident of Great Britain’s chances to get that much desired promotion to Division A. So confident in fact, he guaranteed a win when we spoke to him exclusively last week at his home in Kent:

“We’re gonna win. I can tell everybody that now. We’ve got a strong team, as long as we keep the chemistry right and stay focused there’s no doubt in my mind we’re gonna win.”

Richards is well aware that his biggest knock is his lack of compe ive action but is hoping to use the European championships to get back in game shape and get better:

“For myself, I wanna play well. I wanna get back out there, get in game shape and get my rhythm back. Whatever my numbers are, that is what it is. I wanna leave the tournament knowing I’m getting my rhythm back and I’ve improved.”

The GB side, who are expected to field one of their strongest junior teams in recent years, have been drawn into Group C where they will face Czech Republic, Finland and Norway. The tournament tips off on the 14th July 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interview from TODAY!

-Last June you were drafted by San Antonio. Some months later you are still sidelined due to an injury. Can you explain what have you been doing all this time?
    I have been in San Antonio rehabbing both my shoulders, getting ready for the summer and next season.

-How is a regular day for you?
    I do an hour of rehab every morning, a hour in the weight room alternating between low and upper body, and then on the floor for 3 on 3.

-When do you expect to come back and play at top level again?
    Sometime next week.

-This summer Great Britain plays in the Eurobasket in Lithuania, starting in a tough group with the hosts, Spain and Turkey. What do you expect from the tournament?
    It's going to be a great challenge for Great Britain and a great chance to prepare for the Olympics in 2012.

-Do you want to make the final british roster? Will you play with the U-20?
    As for the mens roster I am not even thinking about that right now. I am just focused on the task ahead which is winning the gold and the MVP in the U-20 European Championship (Division "B"). And proving I'm ready for the NBA.

-Finally, if there is a lock out in the NBA what do you want to do?
    Right now I am not sure, everything depends on how I perform this summer.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, A quick search suggests that is Alex Lloyd assistant with the Toros
    That's him. Good eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since he has gotten taller, to me, it appears he has really gotten slower. Hard to tell because he isn't going full speed, but he looks much more clumsy now than I remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's him. Good eye.
    Nope
    In one of the few a watched a closeup of his shirt said Toros
    Looked at there coaching staff on the website and gooled his name first and there he was...
    Anybody know the when and where of the video
    I'm not getting my hopes up but they are investing a lot of time and effort in him.

Of course the Spurs have done this before withe Girecek and Javtokas as far as medical help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was only showing you where 2 Step evaluates talent for his in-depth scouting reports.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skip the international play in the summer Ryan and save those shoulders for the D-League......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching the sports channel and some guy I forgot his name but he was a top ten draft pick in 2010 was asked who impressed him at the Chicago tryouts and he said the Brit ..Ryan Richards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.youtube.com/user/coachdribbledrive

for people who really want to do some research - lots of footage
    Ryan looks like a salted slug in these videos. He sure needs to get into shape if he wants to play for his NT.

Thread Information