Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryan looks like a salted slug in these videos. He sure needs to get into shape if he wants to play for his NT.
    I'm impressed by the one where they're working on his post game....I agree he needs to get in better shape and pick it up a notch but those are just workout videos. He has a lot of promise.....

I'm hungry for a video of him and Duncan going 1on1..................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoots his free throws with no support from the other hand, is he trying to make it difficult or he just shoots that way?
    He's so slow in the videos, hopefully it's not a bad sign.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some of the other videos with Ryan in real game action he looks pretty explosive albeit a little bit lighter, especially in his leaping ability. The thing that continues to stand out with me is his jumper and his ability for a 7' to handle the ball like a wing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those latest videos make him look slow because that was a long non stop workout hes doing. At start he seemed energetic then slowly cbfed running around anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Bosh? Lamar Odom? That's pretty tremendous upside for a mid-2nd round pick. If he can be half as good as what you guys suggest he could, there's no reason why he shouldn't take over the starting center role next to Duncan as soon as possible. He can space the floor after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ask me, it looks like he has a couple more years to go. He looks very green and lazy in those videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ryan Richards hype is getting out of control!
    Its been out of control for quite sometime now..When I see names like Bosh and Odom in this thread I know its time to move on to another topic..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just becsuse he is left handed and 7 feet means he will be a rich mans lamar odom and chris bosh lol, richards is not that talented, I think at best will be a 15 point 8 rebounds a game, I don't think richards is a good rebounder, or great defender, he is a good shooter, but needs so post moves and toughness and he will be a good player in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also notice he has Tiagoitis in regards to his FT's. He brings it up to the top to shoot, pauses, then shoots, instead of making one fluid shooting motion. That has to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those workout videos look pretty weak tbh. He's playing against some scrubs and still can't dominate the game. He's still very young though but I wouldn't count on this kid helping much in the very near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also notice he has Tiagoitis in regards to his FT's. He brings it up to the top to shoot, pauses, then shoots, instead of making one fluid shooting motion. That has to change.

40/45 FT/FTA .889

Those latest videos make him look slow because that was a long non stop workout hes doing. At start he seemed energetic then slowly cbfed running around anymore.
    Did well in the sprint and agility during pre-draft measurements
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...ce=All&sort=16

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The scrubs hes playing against are college and pro players. Hes also playing at half speed, as many pros due in the off season so not to cause injury. You work on the concepts not the game speed.

This guy is plenty quick, just as quick if not more so than Dirk was at that age and that was never a problem for him!
    Lol you keep comparing him to Dirk if it makes you feel better but that kid has a looong way to go to make it in this league imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Timmy would try and be a mentor & if we do bring Richards over to the team, that he could take him & Splitter to school & teach them how to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a little crazy to see people arguing about Richards while he is so young and has played no high level basketball games in his career.

So, instead of wild speculations, what about being patient. At that stage of his career, there is very few to say about him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look we are probably never going to see another David or Timmy type of player in our lifetime. So you gotta make due with what you have and seven footers are damn hard to find. Is this guy as good as Dirk...No...is he as good as Lamar Odom..NO......Will he be a better PF then Bonner or Blair...YES.....so that is all I am looking for and if I can get that then I am one happy camper!

The dude also players with an at ude and that what we need on our team....More freakin Heart!......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look we are probably never going to see another David or Timmy type of player in our lifetime. So you gotta make due with what you have and seven footers are damn hard to find. Is this guy as good as Dirk...No...is he as good as Lamar Odom..NO......Will he be a better PF then Bonner or Blair...YES.....so that is all I am looking for and if I can get that then I am one happy camper!

The dude also players with an at ude and that what we need on our team....More freakin Heart!......
    Actually we won't know that until he suits up and hits the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tweeted DaSean and Danny to get him on Twitter just yesterday and apparently they heard me! These guys don't even play and get stuff done unlike a certain Mr. Hill who promised us Tim, Bonner, and Neal months ago.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I tweeted DaSean and Danny to get him on Twitter just yesterday and apparently they heard me! These guys don't even play and get stuff done unlike a certain Mr. Hill who promised us Tim, Bonner, and Neal months ago.
    Look up one post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here's an extended interview with Richards from August of 2010. Sound quality isn't the greatest but I haven't seen this posted anywhere so thought I'd share. He seems to be very confident of his skills and ability to be more than just a role player in the NBA. I believe the guys he worked out the most with were Ekpe Udoh (6th pick), Cole Aldrich (11th pick), Daniel Orton (29th pick), and Hassan Whiteside (33rd pick). From the Kings videos, he seemed to be able to hold his own. He isn't the biggest guy but probably has the best handles and looking jumper (Aldrich's goes in at least ).

Richards mentions that he believed the Spurs would have picked him at 20 if not for his shoulder problems. Worked out pretty well considering the Spurs got Anderson, Richards, and now Butler with later picks. These guys would all be lottery picks this year probably. Vitale said Anderson was the steal of the draft so we'll have to see if he lives up to that next year when he's in shape and hopefully starting. He said the three teams he wanted to go to the most were Spurs, Grizzlies, and Knicks. Probably would still be on Knicks because of injury and not involved in that big trade. Not sure if he would have stuck with Grizzlies who have Darrell and Haddadi already. He seems really intent on playing in the D-League instead of going back to Europe. Seems like he got taken advantage of earlier in his professional career by European teams that he claims have this habit of locking up the young guys for a few years (Ex. Rubio) but only letting the veteran guys play (Ex. Jennings).

Some other videos:

Last edited by k_nguyen93; 05-07-2011 at 11:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that jumper looks sweet. Also, did Aldrich learn his shooting form by watching RJ back in the day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that jumper looks sweet. Also, did Aldrich learn his shooting form by watching RJ back in the day?
    I was thinking Boozer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o, my name is SpursTalk.com. I guess we haven't met yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiANnojm34I

Richards' game in the video above reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom, down to the jump shot style and how he carries the ball on the cross-over. Too bad he is playing against high school students.
    That jump shot is sweet, to bad he'll never play for us tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That jump shot is sweet, to bad he'll never play for us tho.
    Why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first, I thought the Lamar Odom and Chris Bosh comparisons were completely unjustified, but after doing a quick Google search on him and reading write-ups scouts from various websites (including NBA-Draft.net and Sports Illustrated) wrote on him, I was surprised to find the aforementioned names were floated around quite a number of times. Granted, it doesn't mean Ryan Richards is indeed definitely going to blossom into players of that caliber, but it does speak volumes to his immense potential.

Thread Information