Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be a little surprised and disappointed if they Spurs didn't bring him over for the start of next season. As it stands right now if Duncan and Ginobili retire after next season there will be a lot of new faces for the 2015-2016 season. Even if Bertans does not play much next season I think he gains a lot to learn just being around the players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be a little surprised and disappointed if they Spurs didn't bring him over for the start of next season. As it stands right now if Duncan and Ginobili retire after next season there will be a lot of new faces for the 2015-2016 season. Even if Bertans does not play much next season I think he gains a lot to learn just being around the players.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans need to stay in europe and get legit playing time for another year. He has already missed 3/4 of last season due to injury and no reason to come over and sit on the bench. He is a big part of his current team and should play 25+ mpg .We need to face the fact the spurs are going to suck after the 2015 season at least for that 1st season post TD and Manu and no reason to ruin young players development in the mean time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans need to stay in europe and get legit playing time for another year. He has already missed 3/4 of last season due to injury and no reason to come over and sit on the bench. He is a big part of his current team and should play 25+ mpg .We need to face the fact the spurs are going to suck after the 2015 season at least for that 1st season post TD and Manu and no reason to ruin young players development in the mean time.
    Bertans is going to need time to adjust to living on another continent and playing against much tougher compe ion. It would be better for him to do that next year when he'd be in Austin than in 2015 where he'd be expected to be in the rotation. The d-league isn't near the compe ion of elite European leagues, but it's a better medium for learning the NBA game and Spurs' system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is going to need time to adjust to living on another continent and playing against much tougher compe ion. It would be better for him to do that next year when he'd be in Austin than in 2015 where he'd be expected to be in the rotation. The d-league isn't near the compe ion of elite European leagues, but it's a better medium for learning the NBA game and Spurs' system.
    Interesting, so you think by playing in Austin he will play against tougher compe ion? Also would not worry about the spurs system cause when TD,manu, and coach pop leave in about 2 seasons the system will probably change once again. Bertans seems to come over every summer to do his work in San Antonio, so the culture shock will not be as bad as some might think. The kid needs to stay over in europe and work on his game against very good (austin = average profesional league) players and do this on another teams dime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, so you think by playing in Austin he will play against tougher compe ion? Also would not worry about the spurs system cause when TD,manu, and coach pop leave in about 2 seasons the system will probably change once again. Bertans seems to come over every summer to do his work in San Antonio, so the culture shock will not be as bad as some might think. The kid needs to stay over in europe and work on his game against very good (austin = average profesional league) players and do this on another teams dime.
    No one needs to care about whose dime it's on. Bertans is going to make pennies by NBA standards for a few years. It's an expense the team can easily afford.

I didn't say the d-league was better compe ion (said the opposite). I said it would help him get more used to the NBA game and the Spurs' system, since the Toros run that.

The thing is, Bertans isn't likely to play right away whether he comes over this summer or next. He's simply got too much to learn. Yet there is also has a decent chance he can sneak in as Kawhi's backup either year. If the Spurs sign him this year, he has a good chance to gaining the team's confidence in 2015. If he waits a year, the team may well not consider him a sure bet for the rotation and sign a vet wing like they did this year with Beli.

Also note that Bertans is only competing with Daye if he comes over this year, whereas he will be up against Jean-Charles (in whom the team has invested more) if he waits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid even just becomes the next Matt bonner, that George Hill trade will have to go down as one of the best con jobs ever pulled off on an NBA draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner and Austin Daye are two Spurs who very well might not be back, and Bertans could easily make use of one of those spots, not like much will be expected from an Austin Daye replacement. He can spend all the time in the world under close watch over at Austin if need be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid even just becomes the next Matt bonner, that George Hill trade will have to go down as one of the best con jobs ever pulled off on an NBA draft night.
    Even if he never plays for the Spurs, that trade was one of the best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://instagram.com/p/oskPT5wOKo/

Damn, we need to to get this kid here before he gets hurt by crazy ass fans over there..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's fairly likely Bertans comes over this summer to replace Matt Bonner in the stretch 4 role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's fairly likely Bertans comes over this summer to replace Matt Bonner in the stretch 4 role.
    He's tall, but not really a four.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Spurs draft Bertans as a 4? In any case, if Pop can play Austin Daye in the stretch 4 role, there's no reason to think he won't do the same with Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Spurs draft Bertans as a 4? In any case, if Pop can play Austin Daye in the stretch 4 role, there's no reason to think he won't do the same with Bertans.
    Daye played garbage time. If he ever played against a real 4, he'd get abused in the post, as would Bertans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the videos it looks like Bertans has underrated speed; not fast, but certainly faster than I remember from the early draft scouting reports. He'd be slotted at the backup 3 next year would be my guess. The other thought is that over time he may be able to play the shooting guard, similar to the big, relatively slower SGs in the mold of Steven Smith, Hedo Turk, or Stojaković. Leonard and a defensive minded pg can help cover on the defensive end. Again this is a few years into the future but just thought. LJC can be Leonard's back up at that time.

Daye probably has more stretch for potential, but he needs to go on the Boris Diaw 1.0 diet this summer. It's not like he's that fast anyway where putting on more weight would be detrimental. Fewer players are as intelligent as Boris, but with Dayes handles and his range I see some point forward ability there like Boris. Again, it all depends on whether he can bulk up. He should talk to Robert Horry about how made that transition from when he was with the Rockets to when he moved to the Lakers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a 3... LJC is more of a 4 than him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Bertrans will do his damage from the outside but he does have the handles to take it in for a dunk and plays pretty good defense.

LVJ is more of a mid range guy who will be doing a lot of damage in the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the same two teams from the brawl. Maybe this was the conclusion of that game at a later date? There are virtually no fans in the arena. Various players had been ejected, and they had to finish with who was left, I guess.

Two notes:

The team with five should be owning, and they're not. Those are the softest traps in history.

I'll bet the arena is not air conditioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the same two teams from the brawl. Maybe this was the conclusion of that game at a later date? There are virtually no fans in the arena. Various players had been ejected, and they had to finish with who was left, I guess.

Two notes:

The team with five should be owning, and they're not. Those are the softest traps in history.

I'll bet the arena is not air conditioned.
    There is a very known rivarly between Partizan and Red Star, they are from the same city and are huge rivals, so are the fans. There was a group brawl in this game, many players got ejected so there were only 5 players left on the court and yeah, the arema got emptied as well, and it was far from first time. After the game, Partizan wanted to boycott the rest of the games (this was the first game of the finals), but later decided they will play. Blew them out in game 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin sucks he is the slowest NBA player I have ever seen Timmy looks like Flash compared to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can u guys upload the 3v5 game. It was removed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Bertans is coming over for next season:

@DBertans_44: Bogdan (@LeaderOfHorde) is Serbian Kobe Bryant.He might have a better shot than Bryant. Next season we will both be in the NBA

Thread Information