My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome if true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Bertans is coming over for next season:

@DBertans_44: Bogdan (@LeaderOfHorde) is Serbian Kobe Bryant.He might have a better shot than Bryant. Next season we will both be in the NBA
    Awesome, cash in on a stash and bring in his baller buddy. This team needs more upside on the bench.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do you get the twitter message on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes perfect sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Bertans were better than Austin Daye this season. Maybe a higher upside but it should take a while to get there.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His schedule in oversea ended already right?

So there is a chance he will be playing in Summer League?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Bertans is coming over for next season:

@DBertans_44: Bogdan (@LeaderOfHorde) is Serbian Kobe Bryant.He might have a better shot than Bryant. Next season we will both be in the NBA
    Link? I don't see that tweet on his account.

Edit: Found it. This guy appears to be an agent, but haven't found anything about a connect to Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link? I don't see that tweet on his account.

Edit: Found it. This guy appears to be an agent, but haven't found anything about a connect to Bertans.

Yes, he is his agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is his agent.
    Not trying to question you, but where do you refer to for list of agents? I didn't see his name listed anywhere. I also saw a report about a month ago that said he intends to only come for summer league and come back to Serbian league next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to question you, but where do you refer to for list of agents? I didn't see his name listed anywhere. I also saw a report about a month ago that said he intends to only come for summer league and come back to Serbian league next season.
    This makes the most sense in my opinion. Just cannot see Bertans coming over to get very little PT with the spurs when he can recieve 25+ mpg in a competative league and continue rounding out his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertan's RealGM page lists 2 other people as his agents. Info could be old though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is his agent.
    Ok, that's Bogdan's agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for misscommunication, he is Bogdan's agent, not Bertans'. But anyways, I would believe his words.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Bertans were better than Austin Daye this season. Maybe a higher upside but it should take a while to get there.
    How many games did Austin play in? No how many minutes did Austin play for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Daye or Bertans will make a difference when it comes to a ring or not but I'd rather bring Bertans in now. Better for him to play with and learn under Tim Manu and Pop while this thing is still going full force. Nothing against Daye, boy can shoot but I don't think his ceiling is very high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season would basically be a red-shirt year for Bertans. Lots of time in Austin with occasional call-ups to the bigs and stints with the Spurs. Could be more frequent depending on how many injuries we have during the season. Probably plays the 14th or 15th man role.

Honestly, I'm fine with that. Hes going to need time to adjust to the NBA game, and now is a good time to get it done. I'd much rather roll my dice on him than Austin Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only has to beat Beli to get some serious minutes, seems pretty easy to me given how hard he seems to play defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen Bertans play. From someone that has, how do we think he'll stack up defensively in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen Bertans play. From someone that has, how do we think he'll stack up defensively in the NBA?
    Haven't really seen him play, either. I know that it was a weakness of his when he was drafted. But it was also something that he made a focus to work on after the Spurs picked him. I think he has pretty good tools on that end, having elite length for his position and having decent speed. I think he was lacking in the quickness department, so I don't think he'd ever be elite on defense. I believe he was foul-prone this season (like fouling out in multiple games, which shouldn't happen for a wing), so he's still a work in progress. But he obviously tries to guard people, and that puts him ahead of a lot of players.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this guy pans out. He is the first Spurs draft pick that I got right since I started really paying attention to it a couple of years ago.

Defensively, he lacks some lateral quickness which could be bad, however, if he gets over his habit of letting his length do all the work on defense he would be a pretty damn good defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he was foul-prone this season (like fouling out in multiple games, which shouldn't happen for a wing), so he's still a work in progress.
    Someone more knowledgeable than I am (could be just about anyone), I believe jyra, said his foul problems this year were at least partly due to having to guard power forwards who play in the post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to see Bertans for yourself, you can check out his last three games in the adriatic here, click to see from the official adriatic league site:

04-25-14

The last match. There was a great example of how how Bertans can help out under a minute left in the first, an action designed to get Bertans the three at the top that he just drills.

3-31-14

03-24-14

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone more knowledgeable than I am (could be just about anyone), I believe jyra, said his foul problems this year were at least partly due to having to guard power forwards who play in the post.
    I have watched a couple of his games this season and he would frequently switch between guarding SF/PFs. That's a really hard adjustment to make ingame. I think that's one of the reasons for his high foul rate this year. Let's also not forget that he just came back from a major injury.

I'm hope we can see him in Summer League play. That should make it easier to evaluate his defense when going up against NBA-level athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched a couple of his games this season and he would frequently switch between guarding SF/PFs. That's a really hard adjustment to make ingame. I think that's one of the reasons for his high foul rate this year. Let's also not forget that he just came back from a major injury.

I'm hope we can see him in Summer League play. That should make it easier to evaluate his defense when going up against NBA-level athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad.

Thread Information