Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man. With Davis Bertans, Livio Jean-Charles, and Kyle Anderson all set to join our roster, the Spurs have been able to stockpile plenty of young talent for the post-Duncan era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans and Deshaun Thomas will meet up today (21:30 CET) in a great super cup matchup between Baskonia and Barcelona. I'm really curious to see how big of a role both guys will play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate the posts on Bertans and Jean-Charles, jyra. It's nice to hear how Bertans is developing and it's nice to hear anything about Jean-Charles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boxscore
    http://jornadavirtual.acb.com/jornada/SCOPA/15/1/2

Pretty good game for Bertans. He showed off his quick release and showed that he can be more than just a stationary shooter. He had a nice one dribble pull up off the handoff and made a smart cut for an open three. I really like that he moves quite well for a guy his size which puts pressure on the defense when he is running off screens.

Thomas on the other hand struggled quite a bit. He actually started at SF (and played all of his mintues there) but was benched for the rest of the half after picking up two quick fouls. Got some more run in the second half but never looked quite right commiting some unnecessary TOs. It's going to be difficult for him to play on a stacked team like Barcelona where he only has very few minutes to make an impression and the compe ion for playing time is tough.

The two actually ended up guarding each other for a couple of possessions so that was fun to see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scored 24 points on 10/13 FGs (no threes!) in the season opener against Barca. His team got blown out by 22 points so I'm not sure how many points came in garbage time. I hope to catch a replay of this perfomance.

Deshaun Thomas was scoreless in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a box score:

http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB59007.php

It looks like Bertans started, led both teams in scoring, and got to the line a bit as well. Sounds like a good one to watch for Bertans fans. Let us know your impressions if you get to see it jyra!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job on the info guys. Keep it coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice pass from Bertans to start the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Bertans is looking good so far while LJC and Thomas are both struggling. Let's hope that Livio can get it together, since it's nearly guaranteed that he'll be over next year. Bertans coming over too would be nice, but he and Anderson would be an awkward fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9:38 mark, Bertans competes in 3 pt contest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cut together the most interesting possessions for Bertans against Barcelona (plus some bits of Deshaun Thomas):

Can anybody recommend some software that allows for easy cutting of videos? I tried a couple of free ones and used Windows Movie Maker in the end but it is a bit fiddly.

What I liked most in that game is that he was really active on the weak side and rarely just standing around. With all those floppy plays and wing pick and rolls being run, he shouldn't need too much time to adjust to the Spurs' system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks a lot for the vid. The way Laboral Kutxa uses Bertans is pretty much how an actualized Danny Green would get his touches. At his size, it should be really hard to contest Davis' shot, especially when he's coming off a screen. I assume he'll hit a larger number of those shots in a bigger sample.

Defensively, he looks a lot like Anderson in that he's a combo-forward in a bad way but has the length and intelligence to make a difference through help defense. However, Bertans is more athletic than Kyle is, so there's plenty of hope that Davis can develop into a legit small-forward with strong coaching and S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cut together the most interesting possessions for Bertans against Barcelona (plus some bits of Deshaun Thomas):

What I liked most in that game is that he was really active on the weak side and rarely just standing around. With all those floppy plays and wing pick and rolls being run, he shouldn't need too much time to adjust to the Spurs' system.
    Awesome! Thank you jyra!

Pretty much agree with what Chinook said. Bertans' passing looked pretty good and he was able to get his shots off with defenders right on him. His defender was usually right with him, but Bertans' height and form allowed him to rise up for decent shots. He won't shoot such a high percentage on those shots normally, but if he gets to the Spurs, he'll get higher percentage shots. They ran a lot of plays off screens for him. It looks like he's going to be featured in the offense at times. I thought his defense was hard to gauge, but he was moving and the effort was there. The Spurs should get a pretty clear picture of Bertans' game against decent compe ion this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    davis bertans will performa good season in acb and euroleague. i m also a laboral fan so i like watching them. i'm planning to make scouting reports about davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    davis bertans will performa good season in acb and euroleague. i m also a laboral fan so i like watching them. i'm planning to make scouting reports about davis.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anybody recommend some software that allows for easy cutting of videos? I tried a couple of free ones and used Windows Movie Maker in the end but it is a bit fiddly.
    Have you tried davinci Resolve? I haven't used it, but it's supposed to be free and a serviceable editor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you tried davinci Resolve? I haven't used it, but it's supposed to be free and a serviceable editor.
    Thanks a lot, that looks good. I will try to use it the next time I make a video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Davince Resolve eats a lot of resources. Very heavy. Tried using it on my laptop with a decent specs, I wasn't able to use it properly as compared with Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas that I'm using. I dunno if this post is somehow in blue font. And I think it doesn't have the free version but it has a demo. It's somehow belongs in high-end video editing software especially for color grading.

Thanks a lot, that looks good. I will try to use it the next time I make a video.
    Finding a free video editor is hard as compared to image editor (GIMP). But try using the following below:

VSDC Free Editor
    Free Video Cutter

Or you can look around below for free software:

http://download.cnet.com/windows/vid...ting-software/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give those a look. Having a simple software just for cutting and splicing is enough for me. I don't plan to do any fancy video editing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good game by bertans againts neptunas (too weak team)

20 points, 4 rebs, 2 blocks, 1 asist, 2 TO

4/7 3 pts, 4/6 2 pts

he is a great shooter. after saving himself from screen sending ball to rim so quick. he is tall but nearly as quick as danny green. he played solid and was the first choice of baskonia's offense. he has some weaknesses. 1- he should improve his ball handling side. he was too shaky in 2 balls 2- he should improve his defense. he did not do well againts short players 1to1 3 times. 3- he should try to drive rim

he will get better and better. beacuse baskonia is the best team for a player to improve himself in europe

my english is not well, sorry.
    Last edited by turkish spurs fan; 10-15-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong outing in the first Euroleague game of the season against Neptunas (one of the weakest teams in the Euroleague). Led his team in scoring with 20 points on 8/13 FG and 4/7 3PT (including a nice pull up in transition). As usual he did a lot of running around screens and being active off the ball. He commited a couple of TOs trying to create of the dribble but also had a nice assist on a corner three.

The defensive end was more of a mixed bag. His lack of foot speed and strength got exposed a couple of times for some easy points at the rim but he also managed to use his length and get two blocks. I think he made some questionable decision rotating early on defense and leaving his man open but that could just be the coach's call.

Boxscore: http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.a...658YKWRL6C&z=0

(Thomas Heurtel is awesome too. He reminds of a better Nando de Colo, pass first PG but with decent scoring ability.)

Damn, looks like I was too slow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong outing in the first Euroleague game of the season against Neptunas (one of the weakest teams in the Euroleague). Led his team in scoring with 20 points on 8/13 FG and 4/7 3PT (including a nice pull up in transition). As usual he did a lot of running around screens and being active off the ball. He commited a couple of TOs trying to create of the dribble but also had a nice assist on a corner three.

The defensive end was more of a mixed bag. His lack of foot speed and strength got exposed a couple of times for some easy points at the rim but he also managed to use his length and get two blocks. I think he made some questionable decision rotating early on defense and leaving his man open but that could just be the coach's call.

Boxscore: http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.a...658YKWRL6C&z=0

(Thomas Heurtel is awesome too. He reminds of a better Nando de Colo, pass first PG but with decent scoring ability.)

Damn, looks like I was too slow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of Bertans highlights from todays game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qcAoXdYgY

Thread Information