Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure he's not a 4 i tell you that..
    You are wrong. Bertans is playing the 4 more these days than any other position. Granted its more of a stretch 4 while he develops an inside game and add some wt for defensive positioning. He seems to be playing better than ever at the 4 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans showing some athleticism in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaya4wOV1FA
    So funny that you got a clip from KBP

He still trolls with another nickname (euroleague) in another website (ish)

Anyway, good to hear from Bertans. Hopefully he will be a Spur someday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans Euroleague 2012/13

interesting highlight clip. Should there be any concern about his knees wrapped up like Ewing? Exaggerating, of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a full game from a few days ago in the Adriatic League, Bertans comes off the bench to score 11.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , all his full Adriatic League games are available to watch on the league's website.

Click Here, and choose games for Partizan.

Enjoy.

Here's his stats for each game to make it easier to prioritize.

Of note, is that Bertans is 4th in the Adriatic League for 3 point %, at 45%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only two concerns with this kid are his foot speed and his strength.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt the kid can stroke it from 3. I'd like to see some midrange game as he continues to develop. He does seem slow afoot but not sure there is anything to be done about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only two concerns with this kid are his foot speed and his strength.
    and his knees...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://sportacentrs.com/basketbols/l..._i_danks_i_pre

Bertāns Davis gathered the ball, ran fast counter-attack, and at the same time signal the end of the first half slammed ball in the basket from above. Attacker 20:39 minutes scored 8 points (2p 2/3, 3p 1/3, 1p 1/2), collected 1 Defensive Rebounds, 1 Assist done, intercepted one ball, received 4 comments and personal earnings performance factor of 2.

He is showing some impressive jumping ability on that dunk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he has good straight line foot speed but my concern is lateral speed from side to side how good will he be defending? For those of you are lucky to watch him in games what time frame do you think it will take before he comes to the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans has had some issues with his knees a little over a year ago but, AFAIK, he has been fine lately.

Anyway, he is in an amazing place to develop and is still very young. He is a long term project and the earliest he could realistically sign with Spurs would be the 2014 summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knee looked pretty good here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0gQ_Itk8s
    not so much for his dribbling though

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans n'a pas suffi pour le Partizan (23 pts)
    Yugobasket ‏@yugobasket Davis Bertans red hot at Belgrade eternal derby (4/4 from 3-point
    EuropeanProspects ‏@ChristopheEPcom Davis Bertans 6/7 3FGs so far.

Rafal Juc ‏@rafjuc Can't get rid of calling Spurs-draftee 6-10 wing Davis Bertans ('92) "Matt Bonner 2.0". What a sweet stroke & follow-through on his jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thought of having a 6'10" SF backing up Leonard is quite enticing. It also conjures up what could happen when we put in a 'big' package w Splitter, Baynes and possibly Bertans. The kid definitely has the offensive ability to spread the floor. He'll have to bring a set of ear plugs when he comes over to help him deal with Pop yelling at him in developing his D. He seems to be making good progress though. Another year and a half... looking forward to his updates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Hill's trade looks better and better with time.

Bertans would be way more interesting if he could become a Ryan Anderson type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bertans would be way more interesting if he could become a Ryan Anderson type of player.
    ???? Please elaborate.... please....

Update: Never mind.... :-( .... I was thinking Ryan Richards.... LOL!!!
    Last edited by bluebellmaniac; 02-25-2013 at 10:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he ever joins the Spurs, I hope he won't become one of the worst playoff shooters in history.

Sorry elememto, but Anderson is up there with Bargnani on my 'do not want' list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahahahahaha

I understand your feelings about Anderson's pathetic performance in the playoffs Mel, but It's the type of player I would like him to be (a stretch 4 with a sweet release that can rebound). Let's say Horry type of player then to make you fell better about Bertans future.

Yeah, I don't want another mental midget and I think SA fans have had enough with Jefferson and Matt Bonner. I don't think that will be the case with Bertans (at least I hope so).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahahahahaha

I understand your feelings about Anderson's pathetic performance in the playoffs Mel, but It's the type of player I would like him to be (a stretch 4 with a sweet release that can rebound). Let's say Horry type of player then to make you fell better about Bertans future.

Yeah, I don't want another mental midget and I think SA fans have had enough with Jefferson and Matt Bonner. I don't think that will be the case with Bertans (at least I hope so).
    That works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is having a nice season, it's promising for a player of his age. He looks way more like a SF than a PF.

And he can dunk:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Those dunks are kinda ....... lame.

I don't know, not exactly the dunk perhaps, but the outfit and the grace of his move ........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the prospects the Spurs have abroad, Bertans is the one who would have the best chance to being in the rotation were he to come over next season. The Spurs will need to fine depth at both forward spots. His range and length give him a chance to play in a lot of different lineups.

Too bad he's the least likely to make the jump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree I think that Hanga will make the roster next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you disagreeing with? I agree that Hanga is reasonably likely to make the leap over next season, but really, he's not very likely at all to make the rotation. The Spurs will have to like him enough to think they're set with him as Green's back up (provide Manu doesn't come back, which I think he or Jack will) or else they'll bring him someone else to put above him. The Spurs gave De Colo a lot more money than they'll probably need to give to Hanga, and Nando was still down in the rotation for months.

Bertans would almost certainly back up Splitter at the four and perhaps even Leonard at the three. The Spurs have no forward depth besides Diaw. That's why he is the most likely to be in the rotation if he were to come over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you disagreeing with? I agree that Hanga is reasonably likely to make the leap over next season, but really, he's not very likely at all to make the rotation. The Spurs will have to like him enough to think they're set with him as Green's back up (provide Manu doesn't come back, which I think he or Jack will) or else they'll bring him someone else to put above him. The Spurs gave De Colo a lot more money than they'll probably need to give to Hanga, and Nando was still down in the rotation for months.

Bertans would almost certainly back up Splitter at the four and perhaps even Leonard at the three. The Spurs have no forward depth besides Diaw. That's why he is the most likely to be in the rotation if he were to come over.
    Does Bertans have an expensive buy out off his current contract ?

Thread Information