Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally what worries me is his poor rebounding numbers. He's short armed I have noticed too. He reminds me of the Red Rocket too much in that regard, but Red Rocket found ways to be adequate enough on defense.

Bertans' post defense will have to get to at least Red Mamba levels IMO.
    He's not short armed. His hands go down to his knees. He is narrow in the shoulders so his wing span is a little shorter, but it isn't his arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not short armed. His hands go down to his knees. He is narrow in the shoulders so his wing span is a little shorter, but it isn't his arms.
    Not as bad as rocket levels that's for sure but not length like Kawhi and Kyle have which helps a ton rebounding. We will just have to see. Cady is another long armed guy. LJC as well. So is Dejonte. Spurs are favoring wingspan a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be brought in to be a stretch 4 with about 5-10 mpg. His job will be to shoot. He will not be asked to play defense on PFs who play below the circle for extended periods of time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as bad as rocket levels that's for sure but not length like Kawhi and Kyle have which helps a ton rebounding. We will just have to see. Cady is another long armed guy. LJC as well. So is Dejonte. Spurs are favoring wingspan a lot.
    I like that they are bringing in long wingspan guys. It cuts down on passing lanes. Livio wingspan was 7' 2.25" at the age of 19. That is some good length. Cady had a 7'5" wingspan. Kawhi had a 7'3" wingspan as a 6'7" guy.

On draft express it says his wingspan is 6'10" Which is his height. Definitely not great like you said. But I believe it is because he has narrow shoulders. Not neccessarily his arm length. However this report was in 2011 inwhich Bertans would have been 18 years old. So I wonder if he has gotten longer? His picture in that article with Bender talking about him makes his arms looks a lot longer. I wouldn't be surprised if his wingspan is closer to 7' now. especially because it looks like his shoulders have gotten bigger with age and maturity.
    Last edited by palangi; 06-25-2016 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really like the idea of Bertans and Anderson as the forwards off the bench. The team needs to revamp its bench philosophy, and having guys who can run, shoot, pass and finish would be really nice. Just add in an athletic center like Dedmon and hopefully a defensive guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really like the idea of Bertans and Anderson as the forwards off the bench. The team needs to revamp its bench philosophy, and having guys who can run, shoot, pass and finish would be really nice. Just add in an athletic center like Dedmon and hopefully a defensive guard.
    Would Ndoye be athletic enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The le of the article is kind a misnomer bc he makes reference to opportunities to play during rest games and end of the season if the Spurs clinch a play off spot early. He can just be talking based on the experiences by Anderson and Simmons and what they have told him about themselves.

Still I like his confidence. It's a realistic goal. A healthy dose of confidence is necessary and he might be pushing guys earlier than end of the season too. Defense is probably where he will have to show progress.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-10-2016 at 07:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're in desperate need of defensive guards. Defensive forwards too. Its Kawhi>Danny>>>>>> and then ??????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information