Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also doubt that he's brought over, and that disappoints me. If the spurs bring everyone back, then okay. But I hope that no washed up players are brought in over Bertans. Like Rashard Lewis, who can only shoot threes, which I think Bertans can do better, and simultaneously be no worse than Lewis at other parts of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's this fiba article that I believe is very recent:

http://www.fibaeurope.com/mobile/coi...leMode_on.html

Latvia head coach Ainars Bagatskis has welcomed back plenty of familiar faces at his team's first practice session of their training camp for the upcoming EuroBasket 2015 2nd Qualification Round.

"Davis Bertans meanwhile will travel to the USA to train individually."

The youngest of the Bertans brothers had debuted with the senior national team at EuroBasket 2011, at the age of 19, but missed out on last September's EuroBasket due to a remarkably unfortunate incident as the ACL in his right knee was torn in Partizan Belgrade's last game of the 2013 season.

"All these players have regularly played for the youth national teams in the past and have confirmed that they will gladly play for the senior team in the future," Bagatskis clarified to dispense any long-term worries.

"I respect the players' choices," the Latvian coach stated.

"Participation in national teams is voluntary and our players do not receive any remuneration for it.

"I just want to remind that our national teams are organised, as far as possible, in a way that takes into account the individual needs of the players.

"I hope that the young players will achieve their objectives this summer, be successful with their clubs in the new season and work even harder to be candidates for the national team."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Artūrs Kalnītis @ArtursKalnitis
    Davis Bertans has terminated his contract with Partizan Belgrade! He is now a free agent!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did the same with the previous club Olimpija. Honestly, I don't like his at ude. When he left Olimpija, he first said he was going home on holidays or something like that (it was Christmas time), and he never returned.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he is trying to do something to force the Spurs hands or at least generate some interest. Probably wants to step up his talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he is trying to do something to force the Spurs hands or at least generate some interest. Probably wants to step up his talent.
    Yeah I got the same feeling, like he's trying to send a message to Spurs "now I'm free, let me play". But I don't think this is the right approach, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I got the same feeling, like he's trying to send a message to Spurs "now I'm free, let me play". But I don't think this is the right approach, though.
    Isn't he equally free to sign with a bigger club in Europe? I think he just didn't want to be hostage to the buyout game while his team was going through money problems. Clearly they NEED to sell him to someone, and perhaps Bertans thought the uncertainty could lead to a lost year of development, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he equally free to sign with a bigger club in Europe? I think he just didn't want to be hostage to the buyout game while his team was going through money problems. Clearly they NEED to sell him to someone, and perhaps Bertans thought the uncertainty could lead to a lost year of development, etc.
    He probably ends up at another Euro club. I heard Olympiacos was potentially in the cards?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Partizan is okay with the termination. Because if they're not, that's a FIBA dispute and contact holdup waiting to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is free for any team in Europe as well. He is a free agent so Partizan can't sell him to anyone.

I wonder if Partizan is okay with the termination. Because if they're not, that's a FIBA dispute and contact holdup waiting to happen.
    They are not "okay", but contract termination was done by the rules, since they have financial problems and the salaries are not regular - a player can simply leave the club.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might this be to allow him to sign with Galatasaray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if it has been said before (and I didn't feel like digging through 19 pages to check), but Bertans and Danny Green were teammates together at KK Union Olimpija during 2010.

Green was playing for them as a result of the NBA Lockout. I just thought that was an interesting factoid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any update on our guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any update on our guy?
    He's in Las Vegas, working out with the Spurs. He won't play in any Summer League games. Same for LJC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in Las Vegas, working out with the Spurs. He won't play in any Summer League games. Same for LJC.
    As much as i hate that the spurs don't just bring them in already. I love this news. I hope they do a similar thing with training camp and pre-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as i hate that the spurs don't just bring them in already. I love this news. I hope they do a similar thing with training camp and pre-season.
    Only possible if one of them is signed to an NBA contract and that's very unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to sign with Baskonia, same team as Hanga

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...s-bertans.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sportando @sportando
    Laboral Kutxa announces Davis Bertans until 2017 sportando.com/en/europe/spai…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to just buy Baskonia already. We've had so many connections to that team for so many years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Jean-Charles over there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Jean-Charles over there.
    He plays for the French team that Tony owns, so, probably not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans says the decision to sign with Baskonia was more for basketball reasons rather than for financial reasoning. Bertans wants to work under new Baskonia head coach Marco Crespi, and he also mentioned how he’ll be playing in the Spanish ACB League, as well as the Euroleague with Baskonia.

As for where he stands with the Spurs, Bertans expects he’ll be making the leap to the NBA sometime in the next two seasons.

“I think they count on me as a player in the next two years.”

Bertans said the Spurs were supportive of him signing with Baskonia because they’ve had a respectable relationship with the club before, when Tiago Splitter played there, while they’re also monitoring 2011 draftee Adam Hanga currently in Baskonia. Bertans also stated that his contract with Baskonia has an NBA-opt out after each season.

In his discussions with Coach Crespi, Bertans says he’s 95% sure he’ll be playing the small forward position with Baskonia, but he’ll also play some time at the power forward spot. When asked about some of the Spurs’ current players on the roster, Bertans said with San Antonio, you have to be able to play multiple positions, not just one central position.

On his summer, Bertans said he flew to Santa Barbara, California for physical tests, then trained with the Spurs’ Summer League team in Las Vegas, but didn’t play in the games. Bertans says he’ll return to San Antonio to work with the Spurs’ trainers individually before heading to Spain for preseason camp with Baskonia.

Project Spurs (English):
    http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...ith-spurs.html

Link to the article that Project Spurs used for information (Latvian):
    http://sportacentrs.com/basketbols/a...visu_ko_partiz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's encouraging, he's actually providing a timetable, unlike Hanga, who now seems like he doesnt think he'll come over anytime soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chemistry with Hanga and experience with the team who helped groom Splitter are great news.

Too bad we can't get all of the stashers on one foreign team. That would be cool.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    bump just to say this is a really good player, really good sf; great shooter

Thread Information