Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    This is an entirely different argument and you ing know it.
    Its not - its completely relevant. If the baseline in our society is that we view blacks in a negative light then it is absolutely expected that our media will portray them to meet our expectations - ESPECIALLY in today's ratings driven media.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anywhere thats safer. Move if you have to. Would you stay living in a place where someone always breaks into your car?
    And what if you have no choice? And what if you enjoy every single thing about the place you live, other than the fact there are some poor dudes out there trying to get by the wrong way?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    And what if you have no choice? And what if you enjoy every single thing about the place you live, other than the fact there are some poor dudes out there trying to get by the wrong way?
    Why wouldn't he have a choice?

If you enjoy living somewhere someone always breaks into your car then I maintain you're pretty damn stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    I know this thread is long as heck, but I'm sure someone has mentioned the curious tendency of bystanders not becoming involved? It's a well do ented issue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If the baseline in our society is that we view blacks in a negative light
    But it's not. Do you view blacks in a negative light? I didn't think so. So stop with the 'we view blacks' bull , because neither you nor I is part of that 'we.'

Additionally, human nature favors its own and dislikes change. White will inevitably prefer whites and on and on. I do believe that's quite in line with any study.

EDIT: and by prefer its own, I mean appearance solely.
    Last edited by z0sa; 04-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    $$$, first and foremost? Kids in school? Family close-by? A million other reasons?

If you enjoy living somewhere someone always breaks into your car then I maintain you're pretty damn stupid.
    And I maintain anyone who thinks as such is stupid. And spineless. And yay for "always" breaks into your car being a huge exaggeration.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anywhere thats safer. Move if you have to. Would you stay living in a place where someone always breaks into your car?

I love that idea of being able to conveniently move when ever and where ever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah, exactly. I'm getting a great deal on this apartment/house/whatever, my wife loves living in this part of town close to her family, our kids are doing great in a good school district... BUT SOMEONE BROKE INTO OUR CAR AGAIN, RUN!!!111111

/devil's advocate

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

CubanSucks, you didn't know that anyone can move at any given time regardless of cir stance? What world do you live in?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    3 times? If your care gets broken into several times in a spot and you still park it there....

Well...
    you're a few pages late, but since you wanna chime in why don't you answer the question that everyone asked of where he's supposed to park that's safer?
    If my care?

Not only is he late, but he has all the details wrong. It was "kyle orton" that had his car broken into three times.

Manny, do another bong hit and re-read the thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    But it's not. Do you view blacks in a negative light? I didn't think so. So stop with the 'we view blacks' bull , because neither you nor I is part of that 'we.'

Additionally, human nature favors its own and dislikes change. White will inevitably prefer whites and on and on. I do believe that's quite in line with any study.
    Why are you taking this so personally? The WE is meant to signify our society and not either you or I. The research is there and its plentiful. This isn't new groundbreaking sociological information but talking about this on Spurstalk is usually fairly futile because of either trolling, an inherent inability to understand, or people getting too emotional about it.

You can choose to ignore the findings of tons of research if you'd like. If you don't think its relevant then there's pretty much nothing to do besides disagree.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If my care?

Not only is he late, but he has all the details wrong. It was "kyle orton" that had his car broken into three times.

Manny, do another bong hit and re-read the thread.
    It was a typo. Did I say it was your car that got broken into? Maybe you should do the rereading.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Apart from this vid giving me a boner this fight is wrong on so many levels...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, exactly. I'm getting a great deal on this apartment/house/whatever, my wife loves living in this part of town close to her family, our kids are doing great in a good school district... BUT SOMEONE BROKE INTO OUR CAR AGAIN, RUN!!!111111

/devil's advocate

CubanSucks, you didn't know that anyone can move at any given time regardless of cir stance? What world do you live in?!
    Who said it had to be convenient? You either make a choice to stay, or the break ins piss you off enough to move. You guys are hilarious. I'm guessing Kyle isn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of moving OR having his car being broken into but if I had to choose between those two I know what I would pick.

If you guys would stay, then stay. Its your choice. Just don't be butt hurt because I think its a stupid one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I know this thread is long as heck, but I'm sure someone has mentioned the curious tendency of bystanders not becoming involved? It's a well do ented issue.
    Yes, this is actually what I thought the thread would be about. It's an interesting verified psychological effect/tendency, but its actual name escapes me right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    BTW Zosa bringing up kids is pretty funny considering I'm pretty damn sure Kyle Orton is like 19.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was a typo. Did I say it was your car that got broken into? Maybe you should do the rereading.
    You posted this:

My car got broken into on a well lit street in front of a church and in my ing driveway.
    3 times? If your care gets broken into several times in a spot and you still park it there....

Well...
    Dumbass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Let me introduce you too the mysterious question mark:

?

In other words, I wasn't saying your car got broken into 3 times because it was a ing QUESTION.

Yeah, I'm the dumbass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why are you taking this so personally? The WE is meant to signify our society and not either you or I. The research is there and its plentiful. This isn't new groundbreaking sociological information but talking about this on Spurstalk is usually fairly futile because of either trolling, an inherent inability to understand, or people getting too emotional about it.
    Because you are inaccurately, to an objectionable degree, branding all sects of society as inherently racist, and that is just not true. Any person, especially an educated journalist, is very capable of easily overcoming slight human prejudice such as naturally preferring to LOOK (that's all - the type of study to which you referred implies nothing else) at a person of the same race.

You can choose to ignore the findings of tons of research if you'd like. If you don't think its relevant then there's pretty much nothing to do besides disagree.
    I choose to interpret it differently, and I think you have assumed far too much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Because you are inaccurately, to an objectionable degree, branding all sects of society as inherently racist, and that is just not true. Any person, especially an educated journalist, is very capable of easily overcoming slight human prejudice such as naturally preferring to LOOK (that's all - the type of study to which you referred implies nothing else) at a person of the same race.

I choose to interpret it differently, and I think you have assumed far too much.
    Except that those studies don't find a racial affiliation, Zosa. They find that EVERYONE, including blacks, views blacks more negatively. Thats kind of the point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let me introduce you too the mysterious question mark:

?

In other words, I wasn't saying your car got broken into 3 times because it was a ing QUESTION.

Yeah, I'm the dumbass.

A question that was already asked and answered in this very thread.

Are you asking if my car was broken into a total of three times or three times in each location? Or, maybe you could have quoted the guy who actually parked his car and had it broken into three times in the same place

. . . oh yeah, he already answered the question in this very thread also.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Except that those studies don't find a racial affiliation, Zosa. They find that EVERYONE, including blacks, views blacks more negatively. Thats kind of the point.
    Must be a reason for that, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And you somehow have connected white reporters and anchors, specifically, to this phenomenon?

I never said the media is irresponsible for this. I never even implied it. The original argument, with creepn, was that whites are solely responsible for blacks being portrayed negatively in the media. That is racist and untrue, especially in the last 40 years. Additionally, he clearly implied it was an agenda of whites from the top to the bottom, whether he argued it or not. The study is something you brought up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    A question that was already asked and answered in this very thread.

Are you asking if my car was broken into a total of three times or three times in each location? Or, maybe you could have quoted the guy who actually parked his car and had it broken into three times in the same place

. . . oh yeah, he already answered the question in this very thread also.
    Nice way to move the goalposts. The fact that had already answered it doesn't change the fact that I never said you had your car broken into three times.

Its very obvious you have problems with question marks however.

Thread Information