Must be a reason for that, tbh.
    Zosa, Case in point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Zosa, Case in point.
    Human nature is to learn from what you observe. Bottom line is everything you're complaining about is apart of human nature. Pretty simple.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    And you somehow have connected white reporters and anchors, specifically, to this phenomenon?

I never said the media is irresponsible for this. I never even implied it. The original argument, with creepn, was that whites are solely responsible for blacks being portrayed negatively in the media. That is racist and untrue, especially in the last 40 years. Additionally, he clearly implied it was an agenda of whites from the top to the bottom, whether he argued it or not. The study is something you brought up.
    Although commonly used to signify only the news media, the word media does not refer only to reporters etc but to News Media, Print Media (books etc - not just papers), Television and Film, Music and other things. You're once again taking the criticism too personally as an attack on your chosen profession.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice way to move the goalposts. The fact that had already answered it doesn't change the fact that I never said you had your car broken into three times.

Its very obvious you have problems with question marks however.
    No, You got confused and ed up.

lol moving goalposts

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Human nature is to learn from what you observe. Bottom line is everything you're complaining about is apart of human nature. Pretty simple.
    I don't deny that we learn from what we observe, Sisk. In fact, thats pretty much the central point of my argument.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

I swear you can't make this up. I'm sitting here arguing that we are extremely influenced by the information we are presented and to counteract that Sisk tells me that we learn from what we observe.

Wow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    No, You got confused and ed up.

lol moving goalposts
    ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I already answered the question, dummy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Zosa, Case in point.
    you've really shown you're an ass so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I already answered the question, dummy.
    Good for you! Doesn't change the fact that it was a question and not a statement.

3 times?

See, STILL a question.

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    Name
    Arnold
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Once again these black girls are pissed off that a pretty white girl has their man's attention. Stupid filthy s! I hope they go to jail and get raped by real ghetto es!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Although commonly used to signify only the news media, the word media does not refer only to reporters etc but to News Media, Print Media (books etc - not just papers), Television and Film, Music and other things. You're once again taking the criticism too personally as an attack on your chosen profession.
    False. You've once again misinterpreted the information. He clearly implied it was the NEWS media that was at fault.

Unless, of course, you think white NEWS corporations do not represent news. Unless, of course, you believe ANCHORS are not involved in television (and by his implication, clearly news), and of course, you think REPORTER report things other than current events.

lol @ you and your personal attack on me because you know I'm a journalism major.
    Last edited by z0sa; 04-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    you've really shown you're an ass so far.
    Nothing new, TBH.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    False. You've once again misinterpreted the information. He clearly implied it was the NEWS media that was at fault.
    Is the site where the video is hosted part of the news media?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Because you are inaccurately, to an objectionable degree, branding all sects of society as inherently racist, and that is just not true. Any person, especially an educated journalist, is very capable of easily overcoming slight human prejudice such as naturally preferring to LOOK (that's all - the type of study to which you referred implies nothing else) at a person of the same race.
    Our current society IS racist, though. What you're failing to grasp, however, is that saying we live in a racist society is not the same thing as saying that everyone within that society is, individually, racist. Whether or not someone is themselves prejudiced, we have all grown up within a racist atmosphere which has created and perpetuated a whole host of stereotypes and assumptions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Is the site where the video is hosted part of the news media?
    He's the one who said "white news corporations ... white anchors ... white reporters." Not me. See below.

Unless, of course, you think white NEWS corporations do not represent news. Unless, of course, you believe ANCHORS are not involved in television (and by his implication, clearly news), and of course, you think REPORTER report things other than current events.

lol @ you and your personal attack on me because you know I'm a journalism major.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Our current society IS racist, though. What you're failing to grasp, however, is that saying we live in a racist society is not the same thing as saying that everyone within that society is, individually, racist. Whether or not someone is themselves prejudiced, we have all grown up within a racist atmosphere which has created and perpetuated a whole host of stereotypes and assumptions.
    Yeah, I haven't failed to grasp anything, other than what the this reply has to do with anything in the thread.

Journalists overcome stereotypes and assumptions long before they are journalists. If you think they haven't, that's your own (stupid, biased) presumption to make. If you think that society at large is racist, inherently, fine, but that should not be applicable, by extension, to the news media.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Fair enough, Zosa. I do think he was making a larger point than that, but I think even Creepn admitted he wasn't expressing it int he best way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good for you! Doesn't change the fact that it was a question and not a statement.

3 times?

See, STILL a question.
    Nice edit on this post.

I guess you got me . . . 3 times? is a question. I can't deny that.

Albeit a question that was already asked and answered in this very thread some number of pages back.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah, I haven't failed to grasp anything, other than what the this reply has to do with anything in the thread.
    Then you've missed quite a lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So, I guess it is true that the victim, Christopher Lee Polis, isn't a woman. He needs to stay out the women's restrooms from now on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Then you've missed quite a lot.
    No, I think you were overeager to ramble and throw a "you've failed to understand" out there, without bringing anything relevant. Like the above.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Fair enough, Zosa. I do think he was making a larger point than that, but I think even Creepn admitted he wasn't expressing it int he best way.
    Wow, we got through an argument with only minor insults either way.

Cheers, Manny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Nice edit on this post.

I guess you got me . . . 3 times? is a question. I can't deny that.

Albeit a question that was already asked and answered in this very thread some number of pages back.
    I didn't edit anything but ok.

You had in fact answered it. I obviously quoted you halfway through reading this thread before I had gotten to that answer.

In any event, if we taught you what the question mark signifies today then it was a successful day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ?

Thread Information