Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Everybody likes babies. Some people like unique names. An Israeli couple likes both.

The couple decided not to wait for Facebook users to click on the "like" button when seeing photographs of their newborn baby girl. Instead, they pre-empted them by naming her: Like.

The most popular names for girls in Israel currently are Noa, Maya and Tamar.

But Lior and Vardit Adler, from Hod Hasharon, a town north-east of Tel Aviv, went a step further to ensure their child would not have namesakes in her classroom.

"To me it is important to give my children names that are not used anywhere else, at least not in Israel," the father told the German Press Agency dpa on Monday.

The couple gave unique names to their first two children too, perhaps for their love of cooking: Dvash (honey in Hebrew) and Pie.

When they chose the name Like, the sound was at least as important as the meaning, explained Lior.

Like had a nice and international ring to it, he said, and Facebook had become the icon of today's generation.

"If once people gave Biblical names and that was the icon, then today this is one of the most famous icons in the world," he said, joking that the name could be seen as a modern version of the traditional Jewish name Ahuva, which means "beloved."

Although his and his wife's parents had expected an original name, the couple's friends and acquaintances reacted incredulously. "They simply didn't believe it," said Lior.

"I believe there will be people who will lift a eyebrow," he said, "but it is my girl and that's what's fun about it."

Will one-week-old Like like her name too? Lior said he hoped so.

"By the way, I asked her, but she wouldn't answer," he laughed.
    link

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "I believe there will be people who will lift a eyebrow," he said, "but it is my girl and that's what's fun about it."
    And it's not you who will have that re ed ass name for the rest of her life you stupid .

Scrumtrulescent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Note to parents who think they're hip, cool and/or original by naming their kid something bizarre: Don't name your kid something that you are not willing to change your own name to. And if you are willing to change your own name to that, then you ing do it and spare your kid the embarrassment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the parents should be shot in their ing head, the baby given to the orphanage and its name changed immediately.

Seriously though, it's all cute fun and games until the kid grows up with daily ridicule. Do they not have ANY foresight or are they just naive? It's the same with all these celebrity babies and it always pisses me off.

To all those kind of parents I would just say: "GET OVER YOUR OBNOXIOUS Y SELF AND THINK OF THE ACTUAL KID!!!!!!!!!!!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And it's not you who will have that re ed ass name for the rest of her life you stupid .
    Note to parents who think they're hip, cool and/or original by naming their kid something bizarre: Don't name your kid something that you are not willing to change your own name to. And if you are willing to change your own name to that, then you ing do it and spare your kid the embarrassment.
    exactly. Absolutely NO thought was given to what the kid will eventually think.

So ing unbelievably immature

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's, like, stupid.

Thread Information