Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is a ing mess. Something needs to be shaken up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another pathetic loss playing a subpar East team from mother ing Canada.... CANADA, for s sake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another pathetic loss playing a subpar East team from mother ing Canada.... CANADA, for s sake
    It's even worse because all these s still think they're playing the real Spurs and not a shadow of a shadow of their former selves, so now all the Raptors fans and Wizards fans and other mediocre fanbases are losing their .
    OMG WE BEAT THE SPURS WE COULD BE CONTENDERS 4 REAL NOW!!!!! ALL THE WAY!!! *loses in 5 in the Finals by literally any team strong enough to make it out of the West*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very Gutless. These assholes can't close out halves anymore, whether it's the first half or the end of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's even worse because all these s still think they're playing the real Spurs and not a shadow of a shadow of their former selves, so now all the Raptors fans and Wizards fans and other mediocre fanbases are losing their .
    Those fans their pants but at least we have 5. Those scrub tier team fanbases would kill to get a le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two nights in a row...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no secret Manu is the glue to this team. When he's out, we almost always struggle.

And, like I've been saying, Spurs are most likely not going to repeat. If you're of the "Championship or Bust" mindset this season, you're setting yourself up for a letdown. If we do, that's gravy, but it's highly unlikely.

They went all in for 5, which was the ultimate goal, and they got it.

We're not going to play like we did in last year's Finals again. That was a historically great run we made, likely not to be seen by another team for a long time.

We're old, slow, unathletic, and we're not shooting it like we're capable of. Just enjoy our old s while they're still here, cause they won't be much longer. So let's just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 02-09-2015 at 08:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is too much in trying to figure out who the star of this team is and that's what's killing us. Where is the freakin ball movement, seriously c'mon Spurs this is getting worrisome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is too much in trying to figure out who the star of this team is and that's what's killing us. Where is the freakin ball movement, seriously c'mon Spurs this is getting worrisome
    yeah, when TP gets the ball you can tell he's trying to prove himself. Unfortunately it seems to be the same with Kawhi. he's always pressing to score or make a play at the expense of the offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two nights in a row...
    me bumping this thread prematurely!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your bump was justified.

I didn't have the opportunity to follow this game, but it does look like another Gutless Worm performance. I'll take the win, because we need it, but this team is a long way from Championship form.

And I have no in' clue what the problem is. It's not just "Enrique." It goes deeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your bump was justified.

I didn't have the opportunity to follow this game, but it does look like another Gutless Worm performance. I'll take the win, because we need it, but this team is a long way from Championship form.

And I have no in' clue what the problem is. It's not just "Enrique." It goes deeper.
    Fatigue, tbh, both mental and physical. Guys are spent after 3 straight years of deep playoff runs. Kawhi's injury really hurt us too, since we didn't have an adequate backup SF. Manu, Tim, and Danny had to extend themselves far too much just to keep us above water, since the rest of the team has mediocre for the most part. The fatigue caught up to Timmy first, then Manu, and now we're seeing Danny lose his legs.

If they're still playing like this after the ASB, then I'll just throw my arms in the air and give up trying to figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already making me bump this.

PS. Tony Parker in' sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is the main reason for the deficit. If CoJo started from the get go Spurs are up 3-5 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is the main reason for the deficit. If CoJo started from the get go Spurs are up 3-5 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I held out hope that he could at least return to some of his old form, but it's clear he should be put up on the shelf next to Kobe. Even when Parker fills up the stat sheet like he did against the Clips, his defense is so terrible, he's still a net negative overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I held out hope that he could at least return to some of his old form, but it's clear he should be put up on the shelf next to Kobe. Even when Parker fills up the stat sheet like he did against the Clips, his defense is so terrible, he's still a net negative overall.
    Yop. That contract extension is looking just as poisonous as 48.5.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Last I checked, Ginobili had 4 turnovers and his defense has been non-existent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really should consider putting Parker on the shelf til late March/early April. Give him a strict diet/training regimen the next month and hope he can regain confidence.

Spurs have nothing to lose anyways. One of the bottom seeds is inevitable at this point and Spurs are better off playing Cojo right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really should consider putting Parker on the shelf til late March/early April. Give him a strict diet/training regimen the next month and hope he can regain confidence.

Spurs have nothing to lose anyways. One of the bottom seeds is inevitable at this point and Spurs are better off playing Cojo right now.
    It's a no brainer at this point.

Either way, this team is done. They're by far the worst of the eight playoff teams in the West and I expect them to fall to the eighth seed at some point and be eliminated in short order. They're lucky they have enough of a cushion on the Pelicans and Suns and that the former is banged up and the latter is in disarray or they'd be in serious jeopardy of falling out entirely.

Some regression this season was inevitable, but I've never seen such a drop from one season to the next. We've all tried to rationalize it, but the reality is, it's inexplicable. They look pathetic and should be embarrassed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justified bump. ing s have no Chemistry. Parker sucks so much on defense its not even funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a no brainer at this point.

Either way, this team is done. They're by far the worst of the eight playoff teams in the West and I expect them to fall to the eighth seed at some point and be eliminated in short order. They're lucky they have enough of a cushion on the Pelicans and Suns and that the former is banged up and the latter is in disarray or they'd be in serious jeopardy of falling out entirely.

Some regression this season was inevitable, but I've never seen such a drop from one season to the next. We've all tried to rationalize it, but the reality is, it's inexplicable. They look pathetic and should be embarrassed.
    Parker isn't the only one looking slow, old and tired since Diaw and Ginobili have looked like crap throughout the season as well. The drop off in play can easily be attributed to fatigue and that difficult early schedule. The sad part is the younger players aren't stepping up enough to offset the ty play of Ginobili and Parker.

The team just looks like lifeless, with little energy and no fight. ing pathetic....................

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker isn't the only one looking slow, old and tired since Diaw and Ginobili have looked like crap throughout the season as well. The drop off in play can easily be attributed to fatigue and that difficult early schedule. The sad part is the younger players aren't stepping up enough to offset the ty play of Ginobili and Parker.

The team just looks like lifeless, with little energy and no fight. ing pathetic....................
    True, but the difference is, he's flat out killing the team and they have two other competent options at his position.

Ideally, I wanted them to shut Diaw down at some point this season, but they can no longer afford to with the bind they've put themselves, plus they only have one other player on the roster who can play his position and he looks done as an NBA player.

Ginobili has been up and down, but he's the closest thing they have to a lead play maker.

Leonard's and Mills' injuries can be used as an excuse/reason for their up and down play, Green, through trending down since December, has been solid overall and Baynes and Joseph have made significant strides. The problem is, the latter two are minimal players and the first three, even in peak form, aren't enough. This team needs damn near every rotation player playing at least close to their capabilities to function properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well get the bump in now before the usual 2nd half choke.

Thread Information