Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But even then, the Spurs wouldn't be embarrassing their legacy or whatever he was saying. Winning championship #5 this season has always been a longshot.

Well, for a while, at least we had that. Now it seems we have no shot at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Spurs show sum fight, I dont wanna end up on this list!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its a blow to anybody legacy its Coach Pop. He was considered one of the greatest coaches, and couple years ago people were debating who was better him or Phil, while Phil has almost 3x as many rings......

It's about time to be "EMO". This team is trash and is fools gold, and always has been since Pop went away from his roots. What is so confusing to me is that how the Spurs team hasn't adjusted like other teams have, it seems like the best FO in all of sports has lost his touch. And it starts wtih Pop, call RC the GM all you want but Pop has the final say. The Lakers are the 2x champs and everybody understands why they are so good, even Pop is smart enough to figure it out. Size and length and one of the top 10 players ever. Yet every team in the West but the Spurs tried to match the size and length. Dallas, OKC, DEN,Port, Mem, even NO.The Spurs won 2 rings doing the same thing the Lakers are doing! Pop has too much control of the franchise, I mean I guess he should do to his "resume" but let's be honest everybody in this world gets a tad lazy or lose your fire when you KNOW you have ZERO chance of losing your job.

Whats frustrating bout it all is that we have the chance to at least TRY!!!! But yet we refuse and will end up losing in the first round our being swept by OKC in the 2nd round. SEASON OVER.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its a blow to anybody legacy its Coach Pop. He was considered one of the greatest coaches, and couple years ago people were debating who was better him or Phil, while Phil has almost 3x as many rings......

It's about time to be "EMO". This team is trash and is fools gold, and always has been since Pop went away from his roots. What is so confusing to me is that how the Spurs team hasn't adjusted like other teams have, it seems like the best FO in all of sports has lost his touch. And it starts wtih Pop, call RC the GM all you want but Pop has the final say. The Lakers are the 2x champs and everybody understands why they are so good, even Pop is smart enough to figure it out. Size and length and one of the top 10 players ever. Yet every team in the West but the Spurs tried to match the size and length. Dallas, OKC, DEN,Port, Mem, even NO.The Spurs won 2 rings doing the same thing the Lakers are doing! Pop has too much control of the franchise, I mean I guess he should do to his "resume" but let's be honest everybody in this world gets a tad lazy or lose your fire when you KNOW you have ZERO chance of losing your job.

Whats frustrating bout it all is that we have the chance to at least TRY!!!! But yet we refuse and will end up losing in the first round our being swept by OKC in the 2nd round. SEASON OVER.
    I disagree. People will look at what Pop did: Led a team that looked dead with some limited all around talent to the top record in the West. They will look at how he did everything he could to manage his guys minutes, and won despite not having a superstar that you can ride for more than 36 MPG. No other coach in the league has that problem.

Then the blame will fall on the players, such as Tim's legacy, because despite playing record low minutes all season, they couldn't cut it in the post season and play more than 36 minutes without breaking down. That's not on Pop. That is on the players.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's no debate between Phil and Pop...you could take away his Bulls' rings and Phil is still miles ahead of him. The H2H playoff record (4-1, Phil) only solidifies this.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no debate between Phil and Pop...you could take away his Bulls' rings and Phil is still miles ahead of him. The H2H playoff record (4-1, Phil) only solidifies this.
    The fact that Phil wouldn't let Bonner sniff the minutes Pop gives him already makes Phil a better coach even without the rings.

But I guess by using that logic, there are 29 coaches in the NBA better than Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. People will look at what Pop did: Led a team that looked dead with some limited all around talent to the top record in the West. They will look at how he did everything he could to manage his guys minutes, and won despite not having a superstar that you can ride for more than 36 MPG. No other coach in the league has that problem.

Then the blame will fall on the players, such as Tim's legacy, because despite playing record low minutes all season, they couldn't cut it in the post season and play more than 36 minutes without breaking down. That's not on Pop. That is on the players.
    How is Pop not to blame??? Tim can't help himself being 35 and losing a step, and same goes for Manu and Tony. Pop was SPOILED. Period. Horry and Bowen made it simple for him. And you can blame Horry on why Pop has such a big crush on Bonner. Horry was the perfect match next to Duncan IMO after Robinson retired. Pop has refused to attempt to make this team the best he can defensively, but there shouldn't be any excuse for that. Playoffs come down to matchups/coaching, which we are getting abused. Its time for an adjustment, and it's been that way for at least a couple months now. Pop probably thinks were OK since all the games have been close. But the thing is they shouldn't be close!!!!

How can you blame the players???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not Pop's fault TP is playing like a scrub. It's not Pop's fault he has a group of guys that can't play more than 36 minutes, even though Pop managed their minutes all year long. No other team has this problem. They all have at least one of their best players that can play 40 minutes per game. It's a big reason the Spurs are losing IMO. Memphis is getting productive minutes from their best players for longer periods of time. It's not rocket science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its always been about health. The Spurs Big 3 have been a fragile team especially the past few years and the Spurs team overall doesn't have the talent or depth to win without them healthy. Especially if its Duncan and Ginobili that are injured: Duncan tweaked his ankled last night and in the closing weeks of the regular season and Ginobili obviously has an elbow injury that gets banged up every game. Parker might as well be hurt since he's disappeared in the series. Dice tweaked his knee for several games towards the end of the season and looks like he's ready to retire physically after that contact last night.

Also give plenty of credit to the Grizz for playing physical and being aggressive. Hopefully the Spurs can turn it around...

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is a reflection of Popovich. You think any real contender would play a pussy like Bonner major minutes? the no.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Limited talent? LMFAO. You're ing re ed. This team is completely stacked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at completely stacked.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA is more talented than MEM, no question. But when it comes to contenders, they are not anywhere close to completely stacked unless you are just going by names.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not Pop's fault TP is playing like a scrub. It's not Pop's fault he has a group of guys that can't play more than 36 minutes, even though Pop managed their minutes all year long. No other team has this problem. They all have at least one of their best players that can play 40 minutes per game. It's a big reason the Spurs are losing IMO. Memphis is getting productive minutes from their best players for longer periods of time. It's not rocket science.
    But it is Pops fault that Memphis biggest strength (Gasol/Randolph) are abusing us down low. 36 min a game...It's Pop fault that he decides to take Duncan out so Bonner/Blair can see the floor together. Its playoff time, its time to shorten rotations, and play your best players on the floor. Adjust due to match ups, even if it's something you haven't done all year...if the adjustment is needed you gotta attempt it. Pop is coaching like its the regular season play 10-11 deep and its like he is still managing the mintues...

Playoffs are pretty simple...First to get to 16 wins gets this. You do what you have to do to make sure you get their first or as fast as you can. Let the players rest as they wait to see the next opponent....He has sucked at coaching all season long when it comes down to personnel on the court and the philosphy of the team. He put this team in this situation, not the players...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All it takes is for some 7' nobody to be pushed next to Duncan for this team to just dominate the NBA and it's pissing me the off.
    Sums it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How confident abt Game 4?? Not very....
    Doesn't matter whether they win game 4 or they don't.
    The bigger problem is, can they win 3 out of the remaining 4?
    I doubt it. I think their conficence has been rattled, and they might
    get it back upon returning to San Antonio, but then they'd be faced
    with the necessity of winning 3 straight, with the dreded one more
    visit to Memphis for Gm 6. Sorry to say, I don't think our boys will
    survive this but with all the other things going on these days,
    huge gas increases, killer storms, more wars, it's really hard
    to worry about what the Spurs do or don't do. They are more
    the Spuds these days. That's life.................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it is Pops fault that Memphis biggest strength (Gasol/Randolph) are abusing us down low. 36 min a game...It's Pop fault that he decides to take Duncan out so Bonner/Blair can see the floor together. Its playoff time, its time to shorten rotations, and play your best players on the floor. Adjust due to match ups, even if it's something you haven't done all year...if the adjustment is needed you gotta attempt it. Pop is coaching like its the regular season play 10-11 deep and its like he is still managing the mintues...
    Even Timvp said the guys can't play more than 36 MPG without breaking down and losing effectiveness. Again, how can Pop play them more than that?

I'm not saying Pop has no blame, but it's always ultimately on the players and that is how it will be remembered.

Playoffs are pretty simple...First to get to 16 wins gets this. You do what you have to do to make sure you get their first or as fast as you can. Let the players rest as they wait to see the next opponent....He has sucked at coaching all season long when it comes down to personnel on the court and the philosphy of the team. He put this team in this situation, not the players...
    He has a limited roster, with no true super star and led them to the best record in the West while having to manage players minutes.

Again, Pop has messed up a lot this year, but it's always on the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD21 went a tiny bit emo... but most of what he said is hard to dispute... Allen has been in man handling Manu all series long... Randolph is elbowing our guys in the ribs on every shot that goes up to get rebounding position.. you know Battier is dishing out behind the scenes... everybody knows the Grizz deliberately tanked to get the Spurs... yet i have not seen one Spurs player (outside of Manu obviously since he has the biggest balls in the league bar ing none) get in a Grizzlies players face and let them know that they are in for a in war. The Spurs are missing that Malik Rose/Kevin Willis type of guy who will wear his heart on his shirt and let es know whats up.

Matt Bonner.
    This post got me pumped..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Timvp said the guys can't play more than 36 MPG without breaking down and losing effectiveness. Again, how can Pop play them more than that?

I'm not saying Pop has no blame, but it's always ultimately on the players and that is how it will be remembered.

He has a limited roster, with no true super star and led them to the best record in the West while having to manage players minutes.

Again, Pop has messed up a lot this year, but it's always on the players.
    They dont need to be a superstar to play 36min..You just got to play the BEST players available, or that fit the matchup your up against. Dont give a what timvp says, he is not always right and he has an opinion like everybody else. Duncan is old, Manu is hurt and Parker has low confidence I get that, but it's the coachs job to put their players in the best position to win. He has not done that. Yeah you can get away with it in the reg season because the gameplanning is different, you play back to backs a different team every night. He is getting out coached, and until he wakes up a makes adjustments we will continue to have a dog fight.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But even then, the Spurs wouldn't be embarrassing their legacy or whatever he was saying. Winning championship #5 this season has always been a longshot.
    They're playing like dog is what it boils down to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dunno whats pop or the big 3 excuses for not playing +35mins, when the next game is 2-3 days away....

Spurs Fan DOB-RIP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JESUS WHAT IS THIS A PITTY PARTY

IT TAKES 4!!!!

two more to go, c'mon son save this for the off season.

also yall act like this organization didn't try and bring in bigs and athletic guys....but guess what, Sheed, O'neal, they didn't wanna play for us! This organizations NEVER gonna get a star from FA either, Neal with it, IF YOU GUYS START CANNIBALIZING this team you'll lose it like Sac Town. We got 3 stars and a team that usually seeds in the top 3 every year, drafts their asses off and all these years only made one mistake that being Scola. Brought you 4 party's on the river walk not to mention the big 3 left millions on the table to stay and OP calls em pussys???!!!!! no sir, you are the pussy's, ungrateful pussy's.Sure their playing ty but nothing is good for ever, time marches on and these are just men, not gods, not codes on a video game, you don't think they feel ty themselves. For god sakes Manu's throwing his ass around with a god dam ed up arm and still performing. Guess what even Rome died!

But when its all said in done and were bottom in a couple of years I'll still be sitting in the ruins in my black and silver like i've been doin since I was 4.

GO SPURS GO and THE HATERZ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dunno whats pop or the big 3 excuses for not playing +35mins, when the next game is 2-3 days away....
    They physically can't do it. The Spurs have the only 3 starters in the league that if you go over 36 mpg on average, they die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They physically can't do it. The Spurs have the only 3 starters in the league that if you go over 36 mpg on average, they die.
    Tony and Manu can, Tim never conditions himself to get better in shape at this point of his career. Sad how he doesn't better his conditioning or his freethrow shooting.

Thread Information