Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

This thread unfortunately continues to build steam.

Seems like this spurs team is now stuck in 'forfeit' mode thanks to all of Pop's tinkering.
    if only your 2 cents had any value on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only your 2 cents had any value on here.
    More than yours tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was smiling from ear to ear, with that long nappy ass hair. But we gotta remember we're the good ole boys that act 1st class. We never show to much emotion after a great play, an we pick up opposing team players prtr the floor when they fall. We the mutha in Spurs baby.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

This thread unfortunately continues to build steam.

Seems like this spurs team is now stuck in 'forfeit' mode thanks to all of Pop's tinkering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing is funny?
    it's your raison d'être.

Educate yourself for once and look it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's your raison d'être.

Educate yourself for once and look it up.
    You'd just love to convince everyone that is true, wouldn't you?

My one hope is by at least losing the regular season, it might force Pop to make some changes which are desperately needed. As long as the team keeps winning these fools gold games, everybody stays in a their "Pop is good. Pop is great" trance. Like the guy in the desert that keeps seeing a mirage of water in the distance and keeps walking furthur and furthur, getting himself even more lost.

Nice french word of the day, though. Fits with the general theme of the rest of today's threads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when I thought I could finally put this thread to rest . . .

What a soft, pathetic performance in these two games. Sure, they were due, but it's not like they couldn't make a shot. They still shot the lights out from three in these two games (that might be the most alarming thing), yet still lost handily. And let's face it, they should probably be down 3-1. Other than the fourth quarter of game one and a stretch during the second and third quarters of game two, the offense hasn't been smooth at all and to compound matters, they can't guard this team. Not even adequately. Basically, they have to hope and prey that they just flat out have an off shooting game.

What pissed me off the most though, was how soft and scared this team was. Letting a bunch of young, never-won-a-damn-thing punks look like the confident, grizzled vets. Ibaka, Perkins and Collison had what felt like at least 10 dunks, yet no one layed them out. Ibaka, especially, needed to be put on his ass, since he was the most frequent offender and is by far the most arrogant of the bunch. Nothing was done. Splitter and Bonner flat out had disgusting performances. Pop needs to chew the entire team out, but them especially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We seriously needed this thread back?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great thread tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    These Spurs aren't the type to lay anyone out. They're better than last year, but they still have a soft gooey center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21 meltdown. The definition of a fair-weathered fan. When the Spurs are winning, he scoffs anybody who dares say the Spurs have weaknesses on defense, the Thunder are a challenge, etc.

Now the Spurs face adversity and he's throwing the entire team under the bus.

C

L

A

S

S

I

C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when I thought I could finally put this thread to rest . . .

What a soft, pathetic performance in these two games. Sure, they were due, but it's not like they couldn't make a shot. They still shot the lights out from three in these two games (that might be the most alarming thing), yet still lost handily. And let's face it, they should probably be down 3-1. Other than the fourth quarter of game one and a stretch during the second and third quarters of game two, the offense hasn't been smooth at all and to compound matters, they can't guard this team. Not even adequately. Basically, they have to hope and prey that they just flat out have an off shooting game.

What pissed me off the most though, was how soft and scared this team was. Letting a bunch of young, never-won-a-damn-thing punks look like the confident, grizzled vets. Ibaka, Perkins and Collison had what felt like at least 10 dunks, yet no one layed them out. Ibaka, especially, needed to be put on his ass, since he was the most frequent offender and is by far the most arrogant of the bunch. Nothing was done. Splitter and Bonner flat out had disgusting performances. Pop needs to chew the entire team out, but them especially.
    I admit the sight of those Thunder players storming down the lane and dunking over the Spurs is absolutely sickening. For once, I do wish the Spurs players would take a foul and prevent it. The bigs may be overwhelmed physically and athleticially, but that doesn't make they can't box out, play phyiscal and foul hard without enabling a 3-pt play. There's is really no excuse for the soft play. If they're going to lose, I'd really prefer to see more effort and physicality in the process.
    Last edited by SenorSpur; 06-02-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21 meltdown. The definition of a fair-weathered fan. When the Spurs are winning, he scoffs anybody who dares say the Spurs have weaknesses on defense, the Thunder are a challenge, etc.

Now the Spurs face adversity and he's throwing the entire team under the bus.

C

L

A

S

S

I

C
    Fair weather is when you're off the band wagon when things are bleak. I'm not at all off, I'm just calling it like it is. These were two soft, scared, pathetic performances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair weather is when you're off the band wagon when things are bleak. I'm not at all off, I'm just calling it like it is. These were two soft, scared, pathetic performances.
    When the Spurs are doing well, you scoff anyone who dares give the opponent even a shred of respect.

When the Spurs are facing adversity, you call them soft, scared, pathetic and throw all the Spurs under the bus.

Fair-weathered to a T, fwiw.

I don't want to see you back on the bandwagon after Game 5.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yes! spurfan on spurfan violence warms my heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

They've got a team of mostly playoff neophytes that tanks to play them and this is how they respond? Instead of taking it personally and sending a message immediately, they let their confidence, already sky high, go through the roof and confirm that, yes, this team can beat them. They also confirmed to the rest of the league, who disrespected, flat out ignored them or both the entire season that, yes, they are in fact a joke. Not that they were going to be motivated by that, but you'd think they'd want to stick it to all these ass holes. Apparently not.

Not a ing chance in the Lakers or Celtics allow that. Point to the Grizzlies girth in the paint or the fact that the Spurs of the past three seasons have not been in the same class as the Lakers or Celtics all you want. The point is this: They're the two other teams in the league with championship pedigree. They'd have taken pride in knocking an upstart team like this down a peg. They'd have came in, quieted the crowd and re-established control of the series.

What's worse than the fact that this team did none of those things is that they look like the terrified team. All this experience and yet they come out and it's as if they're intimidated by the atmosphere. Inexcusable.
    I'm laughing at you asshole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs are doing well, you scoff anyone who dares give the opponent even a shred of respect.

When the Spurs are facing adversity, you call them soft, scared, pathetic and throw all the Spurs under the bus.

Fair-weathered to a T, fwiw.

I don't want to see you back on the bandwagon after Game 5.
    Because you and many others Spurs fans MO is to act like scared little es whenever they play a half decent or better team.

No, I call it like it is. There's a difference.

I never got off. I haven't uttered a word about it "being over" or anything of that sort, so stop playing this "you're flip flopping" game. I said all season they would beat the Thunder and make the Finals and I still have them doing so. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free ride for these soft performances. Like I said, if it were just bad shooting, fine. But they're flat out getting punked . . . by a bunch of punks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl people calling the Spurs gutless or heartless like they have been the last two games.

Heartless is what Dwight Howard did in Orlando this year. Toying with his team and being the center of a media circus and basically holding your team hostage is heartless.

Kobe taking 3 shots in the second half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006 just to prove a point is heartless.

No one on this team has ever gone to the media to prove a point. They have never put themselves before the team. Everyone wearing the Silver and Black right now is putting the team before themselves. Nothing heartless or gutless about that.

Spurs fan need to realize what is in front of them: A great team with one of the greatest players on his last legs...facing a great, young up-and-coming team. Enjoy the ride, and believe in the Spurs. If you don't, you're the one that is heartless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... With most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with durant turning into a 6-foot-10 michael jordan down the stretch.

This is the same spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The spurs are the spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, mr. Fair-weather.
    +2000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    X1000

Spurs are gonna gut this series out.

This is the real NBA championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thunder are a true le team
    I expected a 6 game series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't get to celebreate if this team wins. What a you are, OP.

Thread Information