Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl people calling the Spurs gutless or heartless like they have been the last two games.

Heartless is what Dwight Howard did in Orlando this year. Toying with his team and being the center of a media circus and bas
    ically holding your team hostage is heartless.

Kobe taking 3 shots in the second half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006 just to prove a point is heartless.

No one on this team has ever gone to the media to prove a point. They have never put themselves before the team. Everyone wearing the Silver and Black right now is putting the team before themselves. Nothing heartless or gutless about that.

Spurs fan need to realize what is in front of them: A great team with one of the greatest players on his last legs...facing a great, young up-and-coming team. Enjoy the ride, and believe in the Spurs. If you don't, you're the one that is heartless.
    This

Eastsideboxing Spurs fan bulakenyo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs did not play perfect, but at least they limited 2 of the OKC big 3.

The OKC supporting cast just played way beyond expectations, than what you would normally expect them to play, even allowing for an above average game for the other OKC guys.

I think it was the plan to make the big guys shoot more instead of the stars, only they just shot sooo well.

I think they shouldn't sag off too much the outside guys of OKC, they always get burned. Once the Spurs get behind by half a step on the quickly penetrating perimeter guy who got the ball off a drive and draw play, the whole SAS defense and help out/switching gets messed up, leading to OKC dunks.

And Bonner should launch those 3's, make or miss. No more dribble-drives.
    So disappointed with the guy. I was giving him a chance this playoffs.

I hope they get the win next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be late, but shame on you for bumping this thread. You worthless piece of gutless worm.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but pop wants some nasty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gutless worm in this thread is the OP.. Not a fairweather fan but an attention grabbing gutless worm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.
    They weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of " and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"They want it," Jackson said. "That's the only thing I can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, I love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

The Spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," Jackson said. "They're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

This is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or Durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, I'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if I build them up when they're playing well, that I lay into them when they're not. Game three, I gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

They've got a team of mostly playoff neophytes that tanks to play them and this is how they respond? Instead of taking it personally and sending a message immediately, they let their confidence, already sky high, go through the roof and confirm that, yes, this team can beat them. They also confirmed to the rest of the league, who disrespected, flat out ignored them or both the entire season that, yes, they are in fact a joke. Not that they were going to be motivated by that, but you'd think they'd want to stick it to all these ass holes. Apparently not.

Not a ing chance in the Lakers or Celtics allow that. Point to the Grizzlies girth in the paint or the fact that the Spurs of the past three seasons have not been in the same class as the Lakers or Celtics all you want. The point is this: They're the two other teams in the league with championship pedigree. They'd have taken pride in knocking an upstart team like this down a peg. They'd have came in, quieted the crowd and re-established control of the series.

What's worse than the fact that this team did none of those things is that they look like the terrified team. All this experience and yet they come out and it's as if they're intimidated by the atmosphere. Inexcusable.
    Shoot yourself and end the misery, asshole . . ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got OP will again bump this the next time we lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listen, dumb s, I don't mind the vile comments, but let's get something straight: I don't bump this every time "we lose". I bump this when I see gutless efforts and last night was absolutely a gutless effort, particularly on the heels of game three. Now, if you have a problem with it, then don't read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listen, dumb s, I don't mind the vile comments, but let's get something straight: I don't bump this every time "we lose". I bump this when I see gutless efforts and last night was absolutely a gutless effort, particularly on the heels of game three. Now, if you have a problem with it, then don't read it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sad sad Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_....they almost played a close to flawless game as a team and they barely won...U Mad?..yeah u mad!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs lost a game last night, I get that, but to say they played gutless, is bull ! They didn't match the intensity level of the Thunder, but this has always been a calm team outside of Manu and now Capt Jack! They played ty defense, Pop made bad coaching decisions and Durant played like the player he is!

Reality check, the Thunder are a very good team. That's why most people picked them to win the West this year before we did our thing. That's why they led the West for the majority of the season. They have one of the best HCA's in the ENTIRE league, two of the top 7 scorers and the sixth freaking man of the year!!! Their bigs went 22 for 25, mostly from outside jumpshots, and we didn't get the goaltending calls!!! We have a damn good team and we aren't playing the Clippers or the Jazz.

They know what they have to do, but do you as a fan?????

Keep the faith, baby!!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs lost a game last night, I get that, but to say they played gutless, is bull ! They didn't match the intensity level of the Thunder, but this has always been a calm team outside of Manu and now Capt Jack! They played ty defense, Pop made bad coaching decisions and Durant played like the player he is!

Reality check, the Thunder are a very good team. That's why most people picked them to win the West this year before we did our thing. That's why they led the West for the majority of the season. They have one of the best HCA's in the ENTIRE league, two of the top 7 scorers and the sixth freaking man of the year!!! Their bigs went 22 for 25, mostly from outside jumpshots, and we didn't get the goaltending calls!!! We have a damn good team and we aren't playing the Clippers or the Jazz.

They know what they have to do, but do you as a fan?????

Keep the faith, baby!!

Everyone is making you a rag TD-21. Accept it baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of " and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"they want it," jackson said. "that's the only thing i can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, i love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

the spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," jackson said. "they're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

this is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, i'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if i build them up when they're playing well, that i lay into them when they're not. Game three, i gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.

+1000000000000000

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of " and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"They want it," Jackson said. "That's the only thing I can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, I love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

The Spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," Jackson said. "They're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

This is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or Durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, I'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if I build them up when they're playing well, that I lay into them when they're not. Game three, I gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.
    Different year, same problems. If this pathetic, disgraceful bunch gives away what should be their Finals spot again (and this time, it would be even worse, as the Westbrook injury should have clinched it for them), then everything short of trading Duncan needs to be looked at. I'm not just talking personnel, either; I'm talking about their vaunted "culture", too.

Take this game for example. All the babying all year and yet when they need the key players to typical NBA minutes for key players in the playoffs, they can't do it for more than a game. Predictably, they were completely out of gas down the stretch. So now, instead of disposing of this mediocre team in five, like they should have, they'll probably have to kill themselves to eke it out in seven, be gassed going into the WCF and get emasculated by the overrated Grizzlies again. What an embarrassment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gutless worm is still the OP. Sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't criticize the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many fans just bashing the Spurs. Disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP,

You've dragged out your tiresome complaints three playoffs in a row.

Whatever floats you're boat but you are a fair weather type. Don't deny it.

Most NBA teams don't stay together long enough to "embarrass" themselves like the Spurs have (in your opinion).

Most guys take the Hardin route and seek their personal goals/fortunes. The Thunder haven't even won anything yet and JH ran to Houston.

This Spurs team isn't at the level of their championship level teams - Duncan was the MVP of the league TEN YEARS AGO!

The Spurs blew the game today. They may even be running on fumes due to age and injury. When your core is in its mid to late 30s, it is a much bigger struggle to win playoff games.

They are NOT gutless worms. This team could still end up in the NBA finals given the current state of the Western Conference.

Go cheer for the Heat. They are safer bet to win the whole thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've dragged out your tiresome complaints three playoffs in a row.
    For good reason. Once they stop melting down, I'll stop calling them out for doing so. In the meantime, I refuse to put on the rose colored glasses.

Whatever floats you're boat but you are a fair weather type. Don't deny it.
    Another idiot that doesn't know what that term means.

Most NBA teams don't stay together long enough to "embarrass" themselves like the Spurs have (in your opinion).
    I don't want excuses or comparisons. Three years in a row, this team looked like at least co-favorites (and let's face it, two of the three they were outright favorites) to reach the Finals and it looks like they're about to go 0-3. And it's not just that: Look at how they've went out.

Had the Lakers, Mavs, Thunder, whoever, done the same thing, Spurs fans would be giving it to them relentlessly.

They are NOT gutless worms. This team could still end up in the NBA finals given the current state of the Western Conference.
    They are. They're as soft as they come and that's why even mediocre, inexperienced teams, who are essentially missing their second best player, have no fear of playing them in a series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the posters here who know what Spurs basketball is about figured out that this team was a gimmick a long time ago. The "look at our 60 wins!" crowd are just now showing up to the dance.
    They were not a gimmick team when they were up 2-0 and should have been in the finals last year.. 2004 had a prime TD and they still blew a 2-0 lead to the Lakers.. Was that a gimmick team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. People will look at what Pop did: Led a team that looked dead with some limited all around talent to the top record in the West. They will look at how he did everything he could to manage his guys minutes, and won despite not having a superstar that you can ride for more than 36 MPG. No other coach in the league has that problem.

Then the blame will fall on the players, such as Tim's legacy, because despite playing record low minutes all season, they couldn't cut it in the post season and play more than 36 minutes without breaking down. That's not on Pop. That is on the players.
    Tim's legacy is all about what he did in his prime. When you win 4 rings in a 9 year prime span that is what makes up a legacy. And Tim was shot physically that year against the Grizzlies we all know that.. 35 years old and playing on one leg..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP's premise is seriously flawed. The notion that the Spurs post 2008 were/are championship contenders is quite debatable. One should just sit back and enjoy the playoff ride as long as it may last in any given season. Anything past the first round is a bonus imo.

Perhaps once the OP comes to terms with this, the easier he/she will sleep at night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP's premise is seriously flawed. The notion that the Spurs post 2008 were/are championship contenders is quite debatable. One should just sit back and enjoy the playoff ride as long as it may last in any given season. Anything past the first round is a bonus imo.

Perhaps once the OP comes to terms with this, the easier he/she will sleep at night.

Thread Information