Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting read on the Phillips LED bulb. I think I will hold off on purchasing any LED's until more work is done on them. I sometimes wonder what the next step will be.

Wonder if anyone still has a natural gas lamp in their front yard.......

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Interesting read on the Phillips LED bulb. I think I will hold off on purchasing any LED's until more work is done on them. I sometimes wonder what the next step will be.

Wonder if anyone still has a natural gas lamp in their front yard.......
    I know one house that does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like guns, these LED lights don't need replacement, last many years, decades.

So like gun mfrs, LED light mfrs can only profit long term by selling multiple lights per customer ( avg gun owner has 9 guns, home defense! 2nd Amendment! small ! ), but after your house is fully LED-lighted, then what for the mfrs?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Like guns, these LED lights don't need replacement, last many years, decades.

So like gun mfrs, LED light mfrs can only profit long term by selling multiple lights per customer ( avg gun owner has 9 guns, home defense! 2nd Amendment! small ! ), but after your house is fully LED-lighted, then what for the mfrs?
    You speak too often of things you don't understand.

LED lights will not last forever. Some will last longer than others. Places with glitchy power, or where rolling brownouts are normal will dramatically reduce the life if these bulbs like they do CFL's and filament types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC, other than the things you mentioned, any manufacture worth his salt will find a way to sell more product. New housing alone will keep some of them busy beavers. And style, upgrades, whatever. And the so called long life, well I will take that with a grain of salt, if you don't mind. CFL's are suppose to be long life. But I haven't found any, that used on a regular basis, that last that much longer than an incandescent.

I remember many years ago, transistors were going to last a lifetime because no heat. Telling my age. But then I will tell you they don't and I can also tell you a power surge (like a lightening strike) will have techs replacing them by the tube full. Electronics will always be electronics and these low voltage gee whizzes are just that, low voltage. I remember when we were prepared for Pope John visit and we took a lightening strike the night before, wiped out half our base station, including our FAX. Techs were busy beavers, but we were up and running for his visit.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    WC, other than the things you mentioned, any manufacture worth his salt will find a way to sell more product. New housing alone will keep some of them busy beavers. And style, upgrades, whatever. And the so called long life, well I will take that with a grain of salt, if you don't mind. CFL's are suppose to be long life. But I haven't found any, that used on a regular basis, that last that much longer than an incandescent.
    I never marked a calender, but the Feit CFL's I bought seem to last about 3 times longer. However, they dim a little before failing. I agree, all other brands I tried didn't last real long, except for the few Phillips I tried.

I remember many years ago, transistors were going to last a lifetime because no heat. Telling my age.
    That's OK. My first TV's and radios used tubes, no transistors. When I got a 9 transistor radio that you could hold in your hand, that was amazing!

But then I will tell you they don't and I can also tell you a power surge (like a lightening strike) will have techs replacing them by the tube full. Electronics will always be electronics and these low voltage gee whizzes are just that, low voltage. I remember when we were prepared for Pope John visit and we took a lightening strike the night before, wiped out half our base station, including our FAX. Techs were busy beavers, but we were up and running for his visit.
    Yep. Tungsten hold up the best with power surges, CFL's aren't as forgiving, and I could see a power surge taking out all LED lamps that are on at the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best-in-Class LED From SWITCH Infinia Now Available Nationwide

SWITCH Lighting has just announced nationwide (US) availability of the award-winning SWITCH infinia, “the top-performing LED bulb in the general use category for residential and commercial applications.”
    There are 40-watt and 60-watt equivalents of the SWITCH infinia, and the 60We is sold for as low as $11.99, but they can get down to $3.99 with utility rebates.

These LED bulbs are so good that SWITCH sells them with a lifetime residential warranty (3-year commercial warranty).

“The bulbs can be found at commercial distributors, lighting showrooms, and numerous retailers, including nearly 500 Batteries Plus Bulbs stores nationwide,” a news release about the nationwide availability states.

The newest bulb from SWITCH is the best performing, lowest priced 60W equivalent LED bulb and carries both ENERGY STAR certification and a UL rating for enclosed fixtures….

The infinia can be used in any fixture (UL rated for enclosed fixtures), any orientation, and both indoors and out. The bulb provides the same light distribution and quality as an incandescent bulb, while using up to 85 percent less energy, offers a wide range of dimmability, and the technology extends the lifetime….

SWITCH infinia uses the company’s patented LQD Cooling System™ – the most innovative and effective thermal management system on the market today. The LQD Cooling System utilizes a coolant made of liquid silicone, and a highly efficient and reliable electronic driver. SWITCH is up to 40% more effective at cooling LEDs than typical air-cooled LED bulbs.

The infinia was also selected as a 2014 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards honoree in the Eco Design & Sustainable Technologies product category. The infinia was recently named a winner by Lighting for Tomorrow, one of the most prestigious awards in the lighting industry. Lighting for Tomorrow is a design compe ion that recognizes energy efficient decorative lighting products and technologies on the market.

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/01/08/...eanTechnica%29

Fox and Repug and right wingers whining about "mandatory" and $50 bulbs is, as always, hilariously stupid, and perennially bad faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the gripe about privacy and cons utional rights is veracious, but agreed, this is bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what cons iutional rights are being violated?

What about other federal "impositions" on FREEDOM!, like federally mandated average mpg for a car mfr's fleet, etc, etc, etc?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pales in comparison to the wholesale abrogation of the 4th Amendment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other energy riders in the omnibus bill include a ban on the administration's light bulb efficiency standard. Manufacturers have already started phasing in the 2007 ban on bulbs that don't meet energy efficiency standards in 2012.But Republicans have long opposed the standards, calling it an example of a nanny state.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more astonishing Repug politicians' decency, also rampant among their voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the intent is clear enough, boutons, but syntactically it's a bit of a kludge, hmm?

and your idiom is just weird, man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the intent is clear enough, boutons, but syntactically it's a bit of a kludge, hmm?

and your idiom is just weird, man
    elliptical for brevity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reading the comments WC, it seems that folks are having some real problems with the nano bulbs. I have found the same problem with the CFL bulbs. Burn out in a short amount of time, like two weeks in one bunch I bought to put in outside fixtures.

Another problem I find with LED's is what is described as ghost light. There is light, but you have a hard time reading by it. I bought an LED for my computer, to see keyboard at night, and for reading some things, like check register, during the day and you can forget it.

But big brother knows best.
    Holy , ray, how you been man?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an article from the Confederacy to warm all the Johnny Rebels' hearts

Congress to bar enforcement of light-bulb phaseout

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/usat...rticle/4476103

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elliptical for brevity
    no doubt. sometimes you elide the plain sense of what you're saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , ray, how you been man?
    that was essentially my reaction last time I saw an XRZ post.

I got nowhere with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elliptical for brevity
    true. mercifully for us all, your entries are usually brief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an extremely compe ive area, supported by very deep pockets

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-17889_7-10019186-1.html
    Is it $50 yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true. mercifully for us all, your entries are usually brief.
    so now, oh self-annointed one, you speak "for us all". This forum would be for if it weren't for The Great Boutons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fart smeller. yours obviously doesn't stink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Darrin's attempt at revisionist history
    king of the pride (free market) claiming the kill, after regulation killed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey the clown that had his whole roof with solar panels last year

how much was ur system and kw system in place?

how much kw does it produce per day?
    will a days charge be enough to keep air-con 24hrs operating without gettin charge by electricity supplier?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Update #15, link in pic:

Thread Information