Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol boutons screwing the 99%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so long as energy barons get screwed, the downstream wreckage hardly matters to boutons.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Raise gasoline to $8/gal with federal taxes over a 5 year period. That GOVT POLICY will give a huge push to hydrogen and electric vehicules, while also providing funds to investment in the federal highway system and regional high speed, fully electric rail.
    Yes, I understand your authoritarian ideals and intent. All it will do is hurt a significant percentage of the population that will be forced out of personal transportation due to extra costs. You will simply give more power to the 1%.

Which side did you say you're on?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    so long as energy barons get screwed, the downstream wreckage hardly matters to boutons.
    Wages may not trickle down, but most certainly does...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol boutons screwing the 99%
    BigOil is already screwing the 99% and will screw them more as oil and gas decline even more.

Better to fund PUBLIC investment to benefit the 99% (get something back for the taxes paid) rather than get nothing back other than stuff BigOil treasuries.

The urbanization and de-exurbanizaton, and de-surburbanization of USA continues.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    BigOil is already screwing the 99% and will screw them more as oil and gas decline even more.

Better to fund PUBLIC investment to benefit the 99% (get something back for the taxes paid) rather than get nothing back other than stuff BigOil treasuries.

The urbanization and de-exurbanizaton, and de-surburbanization of USA continues.
    I will suggest that most of us do not agree with your viewpoint to that extent. You are obviously blinded by your assumed noble ideals what the actual repercussion will be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will suggest that most of us do not agree with your viewpoint to that extent. You are obviously blinded by your assumed noble ideals what the actual repercussion will be.
    gas has gone up from lower $2+ to $3+ and rising in 4 years, and USA hasn't collapsed, but roads and bridges are deteriorating.

When taxes were a of a lot higher in the 1950s, esp on the wealth and corps, Ike/Repugs started/built the Interstate highway system that is STILL paying back in the $Ts.

btw, water, sewer, gas/oil pipelines are also 50+ years old, with no money to fix them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    gas has gone up from lower $2+ to $3+ and rising in 4 years, and USA hasn't collapsed, but roads and bridges are deteriorating.

When taxes were a of a lot higher in the 1950s, esp on the wealth and corps, Ike/Repugs started/built the Interstate highway system that is STILL paying back in the $Ts.

btw, water, sewer, gas/oil pipelines are also 50+ years old, with no money to fix them.
    Yeah cause $8, $10, $12/gal is exactly like $2, $3, $4/gal gas prices. :facepalm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah cause $8, $10, $12/gal is exactly like $2, $3, $4/gal gas prices. :facepalm
    TB are they? really? the higher prices through fed taxes will induce different consumer behaviors, bring new, cleaner products to the market, and divert $100Bs from BigOil to the govt for investing for the 99%, not screw the 99%.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    TB are they? really? the higher prices through fed taxes will induce different consumer behaviors, bring new, cleaner products to the market, and divert $100Bs from BigOil to the govt for investing for the 99%, not screw the 99%.
    An $8/gal gas tax will induce alot of behaviors....like not eating, not paying rent, or not driving to work/school. Thats a total screw job for the 99%. Good thinking. :facepalm

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But, the 1% will hardly feel it so, good job!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An $8/gal gas tax will induce alot of behaviors....like not eating, not paying rent, or not driving to work/school. Thats a total screw job for the 99%. Good thinking. :facepalm
    all that is going to occur anyway, with ALL the $Ts go to BigOil rather than to govt and 99%. Taxes can change behavior in a manageable fashion, both by consumers and by producers. But, don't worry, BigOil won't let any of their $Ts be taxed away.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, an $8/gal price hike is not going to "occur anyway". Just stop.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Again, a completely REGRESSIVE $8/gal gas tax is not the answer.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    But, the 1% will hardly feel it so, good job!
    That's something I can't understand about boutons. Doesn't he realize such things affect the less privileged more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 99% are mainly a prop for boutons' outrage and self-importance. to the extent that he views them as powerless, helpless victims, he ignores their lives as actually lived and dehumanizes them in a way that is little distinguishable from the big bad exploiters he secretly envies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    winehole, I suggest you seek medical care for your butthurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no thanks, I'm good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, a completely REGRESSIVE $8/gal gas tax is not the answer.
    but you right wingers are all for flat income taxes with NO exceptions ( aka "skin in the game" for the working poor), and flat sales taxes that are both highly regressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's something I can't understand about boutons. Doesn't he realize such things affect the less privileged more?
    like your flat tax and consumption tax?

there's LOTS of things you don't understand about LOTS of stuff

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but you right wingers are all for flat income taxes with NO exceptions ( aka "skin in the game" for the working poor), and flat sales taxes that are both highly regressive
    lol @lazy conflation. Your one size fits all fails. I'm for none of those things. Could you be more intellectually lazy?

No.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And your REGRESSIVE tax idea is still profoundly stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And your REGRESSIVE tax idea is still profoundly stupid.
    there are ways to fix the regressivity, like there are in all regressive schemes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's BigOil killing public transport:

The Tennessee Senate passed a bill last week that, if approved, would broadly ban mass transit projects in the region, an anti-transit effort that’s gotten some help in the state from Charles and David Koch.

On Thursday, the Tennessee Senate passed SB 2243, which includes an amendment that “prohibits metropolitan governments and any transit authorities created by a metropolitan government from constructing, maintaining or operating any bus rapid transit system using a separate lane, or other separate right-of-way, dedicated solely to the use of such bus rapid transit system on any state highway or state highway.” The amendment is aimed at Nashville’s proposed $174 million rapid bus system called the Amp, but would apply to any mass transit system proposed in Tennessee’s cities.

The Amp, a proposed 7.1-mile bus rapid transit system that would cut commute times along one of Nashville’s major corridors, has been staunchly opposed by the Tennessee branch of Americans for Prosperity, a lobbying organization founded in part by the Koch brothers.

“It would be hugely transformational,” McCall said of the Amp. “If we don’t do it now, we’re going to be so far behind, and it’s really going to start to hinder our economic development and growth.”

“The Senate basically took a local project that has been in development for five years and voted an amendment to kill it,” Schatzlein said. “The project is the first leg of a regional transit system, so this vote impacts all of Middle Tennessee.”

AFP has chapters in 35 states, and this isn’t the first time they’ve lobbied against local energy and transit initiatives.

Last Summer in Georgia, AFP launched a “multi-pronged, grassroots driven initiative” that urged citizens to pressure members of the state’s Public Service Commission to reject an effort to require Georgia Power to expand its use of solar energy.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...ers-tennessee/

BigOil never met a 99%er it wouldn't screw.

All y'all Kock suckers happy?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    there are ways to fix the regressivity, like there are in all regressive schemes.
    Yeah...one way is not to ins ute such a ing regressive tax. You havent thought this through at all, per par.

Thread Information