Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is going to be involved in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. A massive 5 team trade is in the works as of last nights draft lottery.
    , you just had to fuel the fire around here...thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been sick of this guy for years. He has the biggest ego on the team, and he isn't even close to the best player on the team, he's never been. Trade him. He's the most movable piece, it's obvious what needs to be done. If Pop truly is serious about becoming a great defensive team again, trading Parker would make a lot of sense, considering he's the worst defender on the team. Frankly, I have no idea why people are surprised he got lit up by Conley, when I actually sit down and think about it. He's been torched by scrubs many times before, such as Luke Ridnour. Trade him for size/athleticism and try your damnedest to get Dragic, imo.

Further, why is he saying the Spurs are done as a contender? I remember people getting upset when Doug Collins said they couldn't beat Miami if they were clicking... well, this is 10x worse. It gets even worse when you realize the Spurs had the best record in the West and Parker was the main reason they didn't advance. That's an absolutely terrible at ude to have for a team that was the #1 seed in the West. Suddenly they're just going to burn out? No. that. Trade this joker. Good riddance.
    Ye trade him because he has an ego, that makes a lot of sense.

If there's a reason to trade him, it is because he is the only one who has any market value on this team, and because he won't be the leader of this team after Tim and Manu retires. If they chose to do that it will be better now than when he turns 30.

It's clear that this team needs a new approach. Either young talent to develop for the future, or the unlikely scenario of someone who gives us a better chance than Parker now.

I would advocate trading Manu, although he's my favourite player, but what would we get in return?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is pretty much correct, the grizzlies took it to the spurs in the paint, thanks to Bonner playing 20 minutes every single game, not enough Splitter, and the lack of length at the 2/3/4 and not enough shotblocking. Timmy can't be the sole shotblocking big on the team at his age. And Splitter is a great defensive big man but he is not a pogo stick, he is more of a positional defender. This is why Pop was a fool to resign Bonner and dump Mahinmi, who would have been a great help in this area.

Also, Pop's decision to have the guards run under screens also paved the way for Conley to light it up. That's not really on Parker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragic and Manu would be an interesting combo to watch, Parker/Blair for Dragic/Scola doesnt sound to bad for the Spurs on paper really and would probably be a decent deal for the Rockets as well if their current rooster wouldnt be such as it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree that the Spurs can no longer be considered favorites, but I believe they are still contenders. I am anxious to see what becomes of Neal and Splitter next year.

I also am not against trading TP if it makes the team better. Especially if we could get a lottery pick in the draft.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    like his candor. its gonna be tough for them. dice was no big man to help duncan but he was servicable. growing pills wont help blair. if the knicks had a first rounder you could bet they would trade parker to NY but not without that first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, the basics of the deal seem to be between Orlando Magic, Cleveland, San Antonio, Atlanta, and Minny. Bare with me, this is long, confusing and basic. No where near complete in terms of matching salaries.

Spurs trade: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson
    Hawks trade: Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Kirk Hinrich, 2012 first rounder
    Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Brandon Bass
    Cavs trade: Anderson Varejao, Antwan Jamison, #4 Pick
    T-Wolves trade: Kevin Love, Martell Webster, #2 pick

That seems to be the main idea of things. Where everything and everyone ends up is in question, but the main idea of the trade seems to be Kevin Love to Orlando for Dwight. Due to Minny's cap space they would be able to take on Dwight despite not being able to match salaries. Orlando wants the 2nd and 4th round picks on top of Love.

Again, all very confusing and frustrating. This inlcudes several expiring salaries and long term deals. My Hawks source in this tells me they want to shed their long term contracts so it is easier to sell the team within a year or so.
    If that goes down wherever the players go it would be one of the biggest trades in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, the basics of the deal seem to be between Orlando Magic, Cleveland, San Antonio, Atlanta, and Minny. Bare with me, this is long, confusing and basic. No where near complete in terms of matching salaries.

That seems to be the main idea of things. Where everything and everyone ends up is in question, but the main idea of the trade seems to be Kevin Love to Orlando for Dwight. Due to Minny's cap space they would be able to take on Dwight despite not being able to match salaries. Orlando wants the 2nd and 4th round picks on top of Love.

Again, all very confusing and frustrating. This inlcudes several expiring salaries and long term deals. My Hawks source in this tells me they want to shed their long term contracts so it is easier to sell the team within a year or so.
    Wait, you were serious? WTF.

No way we get Howard, but I'd take Hinrich/Smith/2011 Pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he be traded?
    In San Antonio, if someone is going to be traded, I know it will be me. Pop told me they wanted to keep me. It's a business but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.
    TP always straight to the point, direct answers, no bs.

Yes indeed any major moves will involve TP, he is our only big asset for a trade.

thx Bruno for posting

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said the truth.
    Lets just really hope we'll get some 7'3 guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith would be awesome.

Props to Minny too, making the most of Loves good statistical season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phila trolling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    growing pills wont help blair.
    Why wouldn't that help Blair? The number one complaint seems to be about his size. I think Spurs fans would be thrilled if there was some kind of growth pill he could take.

Although the idea of having to face a 7 foot JJ Barrea are pretty scary.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragic and Manu would be an interesting combo to watch, Parker/Blair for Dragic/Scola doesnt sound to bad for the Spurs on paper really and would probably be a decent deal for the Rockets as well if their current rooster wouldnt be such as it is.
    They don't even need to trade for Dragic, he's going to be a free agent. He's 6'4", can stretch it to the 3(Parker doesn't have 3 point range) and guard/play multiple positions. I don't see him being much of a dropoff to Parker, especially when you consider Parker's awful defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we do trade Parker/Jefferson... I'd hope it's for some young talent and 2012 draft picks in an effort to reload after Duncan and Manu retire.

...unless it's for some crazy big man to help Duncan win another ring this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly see no way in this trade goes down though. You have 5 different personalities. It is near impossible to make a trade like this go down.

How often do 1 on 1 trades not go down because of a couple assets. As simple thing such as Cleveland wanting George Hill can mess this entire deal up.
    And on top of that it would have to go down in almost 1 month...Why would minny trade for Dwight when he would not sign an extension there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Knowing Pop he'll want Hinrich, Arenas and Webster in return. You never can have enough small guys.

.....and Jamison. You can never have enough old guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing Pop he'll want Hinrich, Arenas and Webster in return. You never can have enough small guys.

, true...Lets have fun with this since there is about 0.5% chance this trade happens.

Spurs would be giving up about 22 mil in contracts and I think would have take back that much (help me out with this please, is this correct?)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Phila is an insider and that could be a massive deal!

Spurs are known for liking Smith and Varejao. TP and Hinrich are the only PGs involved so we can think of a swap.

Spurs trade: TP, RJ
    spurs would get: Smith, Varejao and Hinrich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

About the loss against Memphis:
    I took the time to think at it. It's a big disappointment. I talked last week about it with Pop and he was truly sad. So is Duncan. We are all very frustrated after such a great regular season. It was a difficult matchup for us. We got dominated in the paint. Dallas or OKC would have been easier for us. It depends on little details. We could very well be at Dallas spot today...

About next year:
    At the start of this season, I've said that it was our last shot to win it all. Duncan and Ginobili are getting older. It will be hard to renew the team. We will still have a good team but we can't say we will be a contender. There are young teams that come.

Is he disappointed about to have signed an extension given that?
    Ni, I'm not. I came from a difficult season with some injuries. I only had one year left on my contract. I couldn't take the risk to turn down the 4 years extension and not securing my future.

Will he be traded?
    In San Antonio, if someone is going to be traded, I know it will be me. Pop told me they wanted to keep me. It's a business but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.

About his year in NBA:
    I've had on of my best season in NBA. I've improved a lot in the leadership area. In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

About Spurs improving the team this summer:
    I don't see how we will be able to do that. We can't trade our young players. At the draft, you got to be lucky. Pop has always done a good job so I hope there will have some good surprises for next season's start. But if you know a 7'3" bigman who is a free agent, you can just call me (laugh)....

The rest of the press conference was mainly about FNT and the team he owns in France.

In a nuts , we are ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True so I really hope it won't happened this way or we'll get really screwed!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs are known for liking Smith and Varejao. TP and Hinrich are the only PGs involved so we can think of a swap.

Not gonna happen, but i'd if it did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my guess would be Smith,Hinrich, Bass mainly cause they would save some $ and I would prefer Bass over Varajao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly see no way in this trade goes down though. You have 5 different personalities. It is near impossible to make a trade like this go down.

How often do 1 on 1 trades not go down because of a couple assets. As simple thing such as Cleveland wanting George Hill can mess this entire deal up.
    What also happens alot with trades like this are that some of these teams will keep talking and sometimes still work out deals on the side without all the extra teams and players.

Thread Information