Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are actually only 4 "all-stars" in this supposed trade: Dwight, Love, Johnson, TP

If Dwight and Love are switching places and Magic wants to get high draft picks, the
    Ain pieces could go:

Magic: Love, #2, #4
    Hawks: TP
    Cavs: Johnson
    Wolves: Dwight
    Spurs: 3 guys in Varejao, Hinrich, Smith, Webster (as we would be the only team to not get an all star, would make more sense to get better 2nd tier players)

These guys should be players Pop like the most and would improve our defense, PF (as supposed as Tim plays mainly C now) and SF positions we were our main flaws this year and we'll probably go nowhere in the future if we don't correct this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard to Minny makes no sense at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my guess would be Smith,Hinrich, Bass mainly cause they would save some $ and I would prefer Bass over Varajao
    Player wise I prefer Bass over Varejao but Varejao would make sense for the Spurs as he brings mire size and defense. We are already severly undersized with Blair and Bonner.

We would be able to get the Brazilian twin towers and an all star line up of floppers with Manu, Varejao and Splitter Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, I don't see how Dwight would agree to go there... Or maybe the Wolves will gamble to lure him next year but the worst scenario is Dwight to be traded to Wolves then signed as a free agent by Lakers next year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone has run the trade by Howard yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if this historic and massive trade happen so that Dwight can go to Lakers as a free agent in a year or two, I can see Stern pulling the trigger!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone has run the trade by Howard yet...
    yeah why starting to see if the biggest name move makes sense ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, I don't see how Dwight would agree to go there... Or maybe the Wolves will gamble to lure him next year but the worst scenario is Dwight to be traded to Wolves then signed as a free agent by Lakers next year...
    Or maybe the wolves think they could get even more if he is moved again during next season..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

About his year in NBA:
    In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

Really? So, not being able to get other guys involved and running into the paint trying to score against 3guys is being a true point guard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe in Kahn's crazy imagination, Rubio finally agrees to come over if Howard is there, and they go on to have a great season(lol), which causes Howard to sign an extension. The guy's not exactly known for his brilliance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe the wolves think they could get even more if he is moved again during next season..
    for a Lakers package? would be dummy to go from Love to Dwight to Odom/Bynum (injury plagued) but hey it's the Wolves...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name one team on the planet that wouldn't trade for Dwight.
    I think he means from Dwight's point of view

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Orlando Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for a Lakers package? would be dummy to go from Love to Dwight to Odom/Bynum (injury plagued) but hey it's the Wolves...
    All I know is if I had dwight howard and I was willing to trade him, you could expect really good offers to come your way. Not a bad barganing chip to have and I am sure the lakers would not be the only team to enter this...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , it's 4 am in China and your trade got me all excited! you should create another trade as we're going away from this initial thread!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? So, not being able to get other guys involved and running into the paint trying to score against 3guys is being a true point guard?
    never fail to deliver the bads portnoy1 per usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So seriously phila, are you making this up or did you really hear talk of this going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is if I had dwight howard and I was willing to trade him, you could expect really good offers to come your way. Not a bad barganing chip to have and I am sure the lakers would not be the only team to enter this...
    true, but it can also be a disaster nowadays with a Carmelo-like fiasco, in which the player refuses to sign an extension and his team get screwed. But the Nets pulled the trigger and got Deron Williams.

Difference is Nets were desperate and going nowhere. Minny are not going to be a winning team anytime soon but Love is a rising star and they still can get other nice offers straight from him. Just look much of a gamble to me to get Dwight if it's just for 1 year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never fail to deliver the bads portnoy1 per usual
    We'll was he true point guard or not brazil? Its obvious to everyone, that he didnt play well. Even Pop called him out. So, its true then. If you dont like that fact that I am saying then say so, but dont try to deny what was obvious.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, I hope that trade doesn't happen. I love Josh Smith, but the thought of either Hinrich or Hill running the point is awful. If you're going to trade Parker, then you should just blow the team up completely. Unless you somehow get Howard or Love out of it (yeah right, lol).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Minny will trade a load of great assets for one year of Howard while they will be average at best during this year? Sorry, but it makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, I hope that trade doesn't happen. I love Josh Smith, but the thought of either Hinrich or Hill running the point is awful. If you're going to trade Parker, then you should just blow the team up completely. Unless you somehow get Howard or Love out of it (yeah right, lol).
    Not sure what the knock on Hinrich is, he plays D and can stroke it from 3. Smart player and is a pass-first guard, allowing George Hill to play the 2. A lineup of Duncan/Smith/Anderson/Hinrich/Hill would be awesome. Not to mention being able to bring Splitter/Blair/Green/Neal/Manu off the bench would be insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you as Hill is really an awful playmaker and I really like TP. But PG position shouldn't be a problem for us initially but TP was really disappointing in the playoffs this year because he can be so much better. So, if it's this TP that we'll see during the next playoffs, I will be willing to trade him for assets to cover our other flaws (SF, PF/C, defense)!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, don't forget that Parker is saying in the initial post that Pop told him he won't be traded.

Things can change but the most likely scenario is by far Spurs keeping Parker. It somewhat logical because all the realistic Parker trades are at best lateral moves.

Thread Information