Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, don't forget that Parker is saying in the initial post that Pop told him he won't be traded.

Things can change but the most likely scenario is by far Spurs keeping Parker. It somewhat logical because all the realistic Parker trades are at best lateral moves.
    It's not like he would come out and say "yeah I'm probably being traded" even if Pop told him otherwise. If the right deal comes along (current proposal would be perfect) I'm sure things can change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, don't forget that Parker is saying in the initial post that Pop told him he won't be traded.
    "We'd like to keep you" and "you won't be traded" aren't exactly the same thing. Even though I agree with you that he probably won't be traded.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what the knock on Hinrich is, he plays D and can stroke it from 3. Smart player and is a pass-first guard, allowing George Hill to play the 2. A lineup of Duncan/Smith/Anderson/Hinrich/Hill would be awesome. Not to mention being able to bring Splitter/Blair/Green/Neal/Manu off the bench would be insane.
    Hinrich / Anderson / Hill as 3/5th of a starting lineup would be awful. Hinrich's career has been on a downward spiral since the middle of the decade. The Spurs would just be doing a salary dump. If you're going to salary dump, do it properly and tank for Anthony Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hinrich / Anderson / Hill as 3/5th of a starting lineup would be awful. Hinrich's career has been on a downward spiral since the middle of the decade. The Spurs would just be doing a salary dump. If you're going to salary dump, do it properly and tank for Anthony Davis.
    So start Manu in place of Hill. I love what little I saw from Anderson this year and think he can step in and play some D while stretching the floor fom Tim/Tiago. Pop would get his stretch 4, the fans get a shotblocker that can play some D, as well as a passing PG that can defend. if the deal was to go down. I just don't feel like Hinrich is that big of a step down from TP. I've been a fan of his game since he was at KU and always appreciate the effort he gives on D and the smart plays he makes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he would come out and say "yeah I'm probably being traded" even if Pop told him otherwise. If the right deal comes along (current proposal would be perfect) I'm sure things can change.
    Parker has a whole different talk when he speaks to french medias. He is as straight as you can be about Spurs stuff. If Parker says that Pop told him they want to keep him, it's 99% sure that Pop has effectively said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll was he true point guard or not brazil? Its obvious to everyone, that he didnt play well. Even Pop called him out. So, its true then. If you dont like that fact that I am saying then say so, but dont try to deny what was obvious.
    so TP was talking about his RS and you are talking about the Grizz serie

it is just obvious for you portnoy1 only for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how people re-writes what happen just to prove their point.

Conley FG% in the series against Spurs: .395

Haters gonna hate...
    You really think TP played well and out played Conley? It's not hate to say TP played horribly when he did. Why are you so sensitive to this all of the sudden when it's legitimate criticism?

Unless you think he played well and the criticism is unfair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has a whole different talk when he speaks to french medias. He is as straight as you can be about Spurs stuff. If Parker says that Pop told him they want to keep him, it's 99% sure that Pop has effectively said it.
    I agree with you, but he won't be the first coach to tell his player to not be traded and then the player gets traded a few days later. Wasn't Gerald Wallace furious about the coaching staff for this exact same reason when he was traded to the Blazers?

I agree Pop is Pop and his words should mean much more as he's a loyal type of a guy, but you could also sense in TP's interview in French that's he's not naive and knows that NBA is a business! I think he knows well that whatever your coach/gm tells you, nothing is guaranteed and you can be traded in a blink of an eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, but it can also be a disaster nowadays with a Carmelo-like fiasco, in which the player refuses to sign an extension and his team get screwed. But the Nets pulled the trigger and got Deron Williams.

Difference is Nets were desperate and going nowhere. Minny are not going to be a winning team anytime soon but Love is a rising star and they still can get other nice offers straight from him. Just look much of a gamble to me to get Dwight if it's just for 1 year
    Did Denver get screwed? They look like they did pretty damn well with that trade..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a pretty fair assessment by Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think TP played well and out played Conley? It's not hate to say TP played horribly when he did. Why are you so sensitive to this all of the sudden when it's legitimate criticism?

TP was clearly disappointing in the playoffs vs Memphis as we all know that he can be so much better. Problem is not about Conley's FG because Conley shouldn't have been a factor in this series and we all thought that TP would tear him out but he played pretty well overall and Spurs didn't benefit from our supposed "PG advantage".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's sure there is nothing between playing well and playing horribly. Parker didn't played well but he wasn't as horrible as some people say on both ends of the court. The whole "he got destroyed by Conley" thing is just false.

Parker deserves his fair share of criticism for the playoffs. The key word here is fair. You and some other posters aren't fair which put you in the hater category.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Denver get screwed? They look like they did pretty damn well with that trade..
    I totally agree with you with this!

They got good at the end, but it's just the long process that lasted 2/3 of the regular season in which your best player doesn't give a damn about your team and dictates in which team he wants to play!

It wasn't a sure thing that they wouldn't get screwed at the end, but maybe Nuggets set an example for other franchises like Wolves to get the best player available and roll the dice by trading him for the best package available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sure there is nothing between playing well and playing horribly. Parker didn't played well but he wasn't as horrible as some people say on both ends of the court. The whole "he got destroyed by Conley" thing is just false.

Parker deserves his fair share of criticism for the playoffs. The key word here is fair. You and some other posters aren't fair which put you in the hater category.
    I agree with you in your assessment as he clearly wasn't horrible nor destroyed by Conley. But I think that DPG is far from being a TP hater and I think that he stated in another thread that TP is his favorite player after Duncan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how people re-writes what happen just to prove their point.

Conley FG% in the series against Spurs: .395

Haters gonna hate...
    32% vs OKC.
    Of course OKC has a real coach and GM.

Question the foreign as well as spineless San Antone media will never ask:
    What happened on the final Memphis offensive play of Game 1 with the Spurs up 98-96? How does Memphis Tony Allen get so wide open for the trey?

Parker saying he upped his point guard mental play this year.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, but he won't be the first coach to tell his player to not be traded and then the player gets traded a few days later. Wasn't Gerald Wallace furious about the coaching staff for this exact same reason when he was traded to the Blazers?

I agree Pop is Pop and his words should mean much more as he's a loyal type of a guy, but you could also sense in TP's interview in French that's he's not naive and knows that NBA is a business! I think he knows well that whatever your coach/gm tells you, nothing is guaranteed and you can be traded in a blink of an eye.
    Parker has also player for Pop during 10 years. Their relationship isn't the same than someone who has played for a coach/GM for 6 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bordel de merde.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32% vs OKC.
    Of course OKC has a real coach and GM.

Question the foreign as well as spineless San Antone media will never ask:
    What happened on the final Memphis offensive play of Game 1 with the Spurs up 98-96? How does Memphis Tony Allen get so wide open for the trey?

Parker saying he upped his point guard mental play this year.....
    Who got his start from from the Spur's "fake coach and gm" .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP isn't going anywhere. What are the chances, and what would it take, to seriously get Varejao, and a decent perimeter defender like Battier?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony to the Fakers.... book it.... they need a good PG with speed.... Stern will make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has also player for Pop during 10 years. Their relationship isn't the same than someone who has played for a coach/GM for 6 months.
    I understand but actually I have never bought the "coach/gm told me i won't be traded" thing!

It's like when you're telling your girl that you will love your gf "forever" or saying "I do" at the altar marrying your wife. At this exact moment, yes you feel that the person is the one for you and that you are ready to commit for the rest of your life. It doesn't prevent from bad relationships and divorce!

Even if it's a long term relationship and it lasted at least 10 years, it's still not a good reason enough to stay with your wife if you don't get along or you need to part ways.

As good meaning as Pop told TP that he clearly won't trade him and he stays with the team next year, that doesn't prevent him from considering it and actually pulling the trigger if he receives a trade proposal he can't refuse!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's just my two cents but the fact Conley looked good against the spurs and somehow did outplay TP is a sum of elements and not just TP sucking. He looked good because he played behind a dominant front court that destroyed our interior O and D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, I hope that trade doesn't happen. I love Josh Smith, but the thought of either Hinrich or Hill running the point is awful. If you're going to trade Parker, then you should just blow the team up completely. Unless you somehow get Howard or Love out of it (yeah right, lol).
    I agree. What they gain in the frontcourt, they lose in the backcourt. Manu can't be depended on to carry the backcourt all year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, the basics of the deal seem to be between Orlando Magic, Cleveland, San Antonio, Atlanta, and Minny. Bare with me, this is long, confusing and basic. No where near complete in terms of matching salaries.

Spurs trade: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson
    Hawks trade: Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Kirk Hinrich, 2012 first rounder
    Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Brandon Bass
    Cavs trade: Anderson Varejao, Antwan Jamison, #4 Pick
    T-Wolves trade: Kevin Love, Martell Webster, #2 pick

That seems to be the main idea of things. Where everything and everyone ends up is in question, but the main idea of the trade seems to be Kevin Love to Orlando for Dwight. Due to Minny's cap space they would be able to take on Dwight despite not being able to match salaries. Orlando wants the 2nd and 4th round picks on top of Love.

Again, all very confusing and frustrating. This inlcudes several expiring salaries and long term deals. My Hawks source in this tells me they want to shed their long term contracts so it is easier to sell the team within a year or so.
    If the Spurs don't land one of the picks and Love then this doesn't make any sense. As much as I would love to get rid of Jefferson's contract the Spurs would suck with most of those players. If we ended up with Love, Hinrich and the 2012 first rounder, pull the trigger. Anything else and they might as well ask Tim and Manu to retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just my two cents but the fact Conley looked good against the spurs and somehow did outplay TP is a sum of elements and not just TP sucking. He looked good because he played behind a dominant front court that destroyed our interior O and D.
    Agree. Ppl will look at some particular games where TP didn't do so well and Conley hit some lucky shots because the Spurs game plan was to let him shoot anyway, and conclude that he was severely outplayed but that wasn't the case.

In fact just by looking at the stats it's almost moronic to say that.

TP: 36,8 mpg, 19,7 ppg, 46,2 fg%, 5,2 ass, 1,3 stl.
    MC: 38,3 mpg, 14,3 ppg, 39,5 fg%, 6,2 ass, 0,8 stl.

Yes a Parker at his best should have completely dominated that match averaging something like 25 and 8 but when everyone in your team except Manu is being outplayed by his counterpart on the other team that makes him the focus and easier to shut down.

Manu and TP were the only ones playing at a level at least close from the championship years. Tim is miles away and the role players even more.

Thread Information