Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

About the loss against Memphis:
    I took the time to think at it. It's a big disappointment. I talked last week about it with Pop and he was truly sad. So is Duncan. We are all very frustrated after such a great regular season. It was a difficult matchup for us. We got dominated in the paint. Dallas or OKC would have been easier for us. It depends on little details. We could very well be at Dallas spot today...

About next year:
    At the start of this season, I've said that it was our last shot to win it all. Duncan and Ginobili are getting older. It will be hard to renew the team. We will still have a good team but we can't say we will be a contender. There are young teams that come.

Is he disappointed about to have signed an extension given that?
    Ni, I'm not. I came from a difficult season with some injuries. I only had one year left on my contract. I couldn't take the risk to turn down the 4 years extension and not securing my future.

Will he be traded?
    In San Antonio, if someone is going to be traded, I know it will be me. Pop told me they wanted to keep me. It's a business but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.

About his year in NBA:
    I've had on of my best season in NBA. I've improved a lot in the leadership area. In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

About Spurs improving the team this summer:
    I don't see how we will be able to do that. We can't trade our young players. At the draft, you got to be lucky. Pop has always done a good job so I hope there will have some good surprises for next season's start. But if you know a 7'3" bigman who is a free agent, you can just call me (laugh)....

The rest of the press conference was mainly about FNT and the team he owns in France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the translation. Don't think anything he said was too outlandish, though I'd like to think that the Spurs FO has a little bit more optimism heading into the Free Agent season.

Then again, it's probably hard to know WHAT to think with all of this lockout B.S. looming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.
    either that or the extension was made with a trade in mind.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COMING INTO the season the Spurs cannot be considered contenders. which is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked how TP goes straight to the point when he talks to the media. Ye Spurs aren't contenders any more. Best players are older and young teams are just getting better. That's just a fact, no reason to paint a better picture, it's just the way it is.

In any case if a good deal came their way I think trade him would be for the best. Parker is still young and can be the 2nd or 3rd option in a very good team, but I really can't see him staying motivated with the Spurs when Tim and Manu retire.
    It will be for the best for him and the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks! Though it's a painful reminder of how an amazing season came crashing down so fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs can be contenders if RJ WOULD give you 15 and 7 rebounds regular

if he starts and manu comes off the bench maybe he will take off

the one problem with manu coming off the bench is will neal be as good
    dallas is a old team as well
    thunder and mem are going to be tough next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked how TP goes straight to the point when he talks to the media. Ye Spurs aren't contenders any more. Best players are older and young teams are just getting better. That's just a fact, no reason to paint a better picture, it's just the way it is.

In any case if a good deal came their way I think trade him would be for the best. Parker is still young and can be the 2nd or 3rd option in a very good team, but I really can't see him staying motivated with the Spurs when Tim and Manu retire.
    It will be for the best for him and the team.
    he gets bonuses I am sure if he makes all nba team and allstar games

also if he plays well he moves his value up more and could then get traded to a contender easier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

I took the time to think at it. It's a big disappointment. I talked last week about it with Pop and he was truly sad. So is Duncan. We are all very frustrated after such a great regular season. It was a difficult matchup for us. We got dominated in the paint. Dallas or OKC would have been easier for us. It depends on little details. We could very well be at Dallas spot today...
    About his year in NBA:
    I've had on of my best season in NBA. I've improved a lot in the leadership area. In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

are you ing kidding me? and what happened at the PG position TP??? truth is you got raped by 2 scrubs called Michael Conley and Grievis Vasquez. Truth is you shot 25% in the series opener. Truth is you had 30 assists and 20 turnovers. Truth is you and Pop are the 2 main reasons the Spurs got bounced out in the 1st round.

Now I seen it all. Ship this mother er out of here
    Last edited by hater; 05-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is going to be involved in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. A massive 5 team trade is in the works as of last nights draft lottery.
    I find your lack of blue text disturbing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phila, don't feed the stupid trade TP fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is going to be involved in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. A massive 5 team trade is in the works as of last nights draft lottery.
    so who gets howard?
    who spurs get?

spur fans do not deserve tp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading TP is stupid unless you get some no brainer deal. However, TP does seem to be placing more blame on his teammates than himself for this years massive playoff failure. He's right about the future and what is hurting the team, but for the playoffs he was #1 on the list of problems which is both shocking and disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading TP is stupid unless you get some no brainer deal. However, TP does seem to be placing more blame on his teammates than himself for this years massive playoff failure. He's right about the future and what is hurting the team, but for the playoffs he was #1 on the list of problems which is both shocking and disappointing.
    I don't know about that. He recognizes Tim and Manu are past their primes and even if he's possibly playing as good as ever as far as an entire season goes he knows that alone won't get us to contention. I like that he's not saying that generic like we'll try to get better and fight for a championship next year. It would take something huge (trade) for that happen.

And I don't want him traded because of his basketball ability, I don't want him traded but if a good move presents itself it's something Spurs should be opened about.

Plus, If he says things like these with Tim and Manu still on the team, can you imagine his motivation when they're both retired and he's left leading the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't we just trade rj for Blake Griffin? That would take care of the athletic big guy we need and it would get rid of RJ. What do you think fellas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he thinks that we're done as a contender then trade him.

Bring players who beileve that we could win another one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so who gets howard?
    who spurs get?

spur fans do not deserve tp
    True. We should recognize that even his ty performance in the this year's playoff was a gift from God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About next year:
    At the start of this season, I've said that it was our last shot to win it all. Duncan and Ginobili are getting older. It will be hard to renew the team. We will still have a good team but we can't say we will be a contender. There are young teams that come.

About Spurs improving the team this summer:
    I don't see how we will be able to do that. We can't trade our young players. At the draft, you got to be lucky. Pop has always done a good job so I hope there will have some good surprises for next season's start. But if you know a 7'3" bigman who is a free agent, you can just call me (laugh)....
    [/I]
    I think TP is explicitly stating what most people around here have suspected since 2008.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been sick of this guy for years. He has the biggest ego on the team, and he isn't even close to the best player on the team, he's never been. Trade him. He's the most movable piece, it's obvious what needs to be done. If Pop truly is serious about becoming a great defensive team again, trading Parker would make a lot of sense, considering he's the worst defender on the team. Frankly, I have no idea why people are surprised he got lit up by Conley, when I actually sit down and think about it. He's been torched by scrubs many times before, such as Luke Ridnour. Trade him for size/athleticism and try your damnedest to get Dragic, imo.

Further, why is he saying the Spurs are done as a contender? I remember people getting upset when Doug Collins said they couldn't beat Miami if they were clicking... well, this is 10x worse. It gets even worse when you realize the Spurs had the best record in the West and Parker was the main reason they didn't advance. That's an absolutely terrible at ude to have for a team that was the #1 seed in the West. Suddenly they're just going to burn out? No. that. Trade this joker. Good riddance.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he thinks that we're done as a contender then trade him.

Bring players who beileve that we could win another one.
    This x1000000000000000000.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this serious?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how people re-writes what happen just to prove their point.

Conley FG% in the series against Spurs: .395

Haters gonna hate...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These interviews overseas are so much better than the sucking lip service they give here in the states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updates, updates, updates

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs done as a contender.
    I told him that years ago.

Thread Information