Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what we do just as long as Ginger is not with us next year!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek was very good in game 1 of the Spanish league final against Madrid (18 pts)

The end of the game is a must see:
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5092-lacb..._de_marcelinho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek was very good in game 1 of the Spanish league final against Madrid (18 pts)

The end of the game is a must see:
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5092-lacb..._de_marcelinho
    Wow, what a finish! Marcelinho, if i remember well played a couple of really good games in the last WC, including against the U.S. Good player, has a lot of heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spanish league final is tied 2-2. Last game of the series will be Saturday at 11am CST.

Lorbek was huge in game 4 with 24 points scored (Barcelona won 81-75). It's crazy how skilled he is. He is a true joy to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is 28 already? I'm excited for him, but damn that's disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno any boxscores for these games want to check out his rebounding #s, etc.

--

Nevermind found it:

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...613_86_100.asp

--

I think I have mentioned this before but if he did sign with the Spurs, fans won't cringe when he posts up and goes for a hook shot. Another thing (again if signed), Pop should test his big shot ability early on in the season, draw up some game winning shots for him, see how he handles the pressure.

This guy is 28 already? I'm excited for him, but damn that's disappointing.
    Well since we are dealing with the end of the Duncan era; might as well add players that are near or at their prime in basketball.

--

Also if we can't sign both Lorbek and Diaw, I'm on the fence on which I would want more. I would like to add De Colo to the team as well because back up PG is still a missing link. So if it comes down to both Lorbek/Diaw and no De Colo or vice versa, I'd go with choosing 1 big with the PG.
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-13-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the word on the street is that De Colo is about 90% a Spurs the only reason I don't see him if some major trade comes up. So that gives us our backup PG and between Lobrek and Diaw I want the guy who can play defense and give us offense when Duncan is sitting...so sign LOBREK>

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the word on the street is that De Colo is about 90% a Spurs the only reason I don't see him if some major trade comes up. So that gives us our backup PG and between Lobrek and Diaw I want the guy who can play defense and give us offense when Duncan is sitting...so sign LOBREK>
    Lorbek plays defense? This I gotta see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5110-lacb..._erazem_lorbek

From the game today, that quickstep move in the paint and dunk was pretty impressive.

--

Wouldn't mind seeing more of this:

and less of:

Last edited by ace3g; 06-14-2012 at 03:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, if Lorbek were to sign with the Spurs, do you think he would be the 2nd best bigman in our rotation as soon as next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spanish league final is tied 2-2. Last game of the series will be Saturday at 11am CST.

Lorbek was huge in game 4 with 24 points scored (Barcelona won 81-75). It's crazy how skilled he is. He is a true joy to watch.
    Is there any site to watch game 4 in its entirety? And is there a way to watch Saturday's game live?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, if Lorbek were to sign with the Spurs, do you think he would be the 2nd best bigman in our rotation as soon as next season?
    It's hard to tell. The thing with Lorbek is that, while he is a heck of player, the NBA transition doesn't seem that simple for him. He is awfully skilled but he is too very limited athletically. I don't have a clue what part will emerge once in the NBA: his talent or his lack of athleticism.

Spurs bigmen under contract are Duncan, Splitter, Bonner and Blair. If you add Lorbek to these players, it's taking a risk because he might turn into a bust in NBA or at least need a year to make the transition and Spurs bigmen rotation will suck. So, while I would really like to see Spurs adding Lorbek, it would be way better if they add too another solid proven bigman like Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any site to watch game 4 in its entirety? And is there a way to watch Saturday's game live?
    Streams of game 5 should be available on the traditional websites that provide illegal streams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for him this season we need athletic big's who can play defense we can score enough points we need to get more stops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for him this season we need athletic big's who can play defense we can score enough points we need to get more stops.
    Ya, cause the Spurs are the only team looking for athletic bigs these days...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, cause the Spurs are the only team looking for athletic bigs these days...
    Your right but I don't think settling for a big who is not very athletic and doesn't fit one of the GREATEST needs on the team. This is not a bashing of Lorbek but honestly the spurs don't need a guy like this they need a defensive big we have plenty of ways to score we need stops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right but I don't think settling for a big who is not very athletic and doesn't fit one of the GREATEST needs on the team. This is not a bashing of Lorbek but honestly the spurs don't need a guy like this they need a defensive big we have plenty of ways to score we need stops.
    I will gladly settle for Lorbek over Blair or Bonner..An athletic big would be nice, but since they do not grow on trees you make do with whats actually available to go from there..LAst I checked the Spurs have done very well without a so called "athletic big" on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek played awesome yesterday, could've scored even more if it wasn't for the bad FT shooting (2/6). He has great technique, far better than Bonner, and I would have nothing against seeing him instead of Matt next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will gladly settle for Lorbek over Blair or Bonner..An athletic big would be nice, but since they do not grow on trees you make do with whats actually available to go from there..LAst I checked the Spurs have done very well without a so called "athletic big" on the roster.
    I'm not saying that we suck without one sure we win games but when it counts we cannot protect the basket that's all I'm saying. There are a lot of bigs in the draft that we can actually go after in the draft. For exp( Kyle O'Quinn, Bernard James) we could move pieces like Neal, Blair, and bonner to move up in the 2nd round where these bigs are in visioned to go. We saw it in these playoffs when Duncan wasn't in there it was a layup/dunk line on the spurs. Nothing against lorbek I'm sure he's a good player but he can't do what we need to get further than where we did. We have way more than enough fire power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek played awesome yesterday, could've scored even more if it wasn't for the bad FT shooting (2/6). He has great technique, far better than Bonner, and I would have nothing against seeing him instead of Matt next season.
    bad free throw shooter...well he is on the team then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Blair is not bid deal but getting rid of Bonner or Neal you give up a lot of offense be that in the regular season. That is why I like Lobrek he can produce in both areas. Sure I am game to replace Blair with a shot blocking rebounding TALL project but I want Lobrek to replace Booner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was then this is now, the league has defiantly changed & is more suited to having athletic bigs then those traditional bangers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Awesome, who ya gonna sign?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome, who ya gonna sign?
    read posts in the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game should start in about 8-10 minutes

--

Halftime, Barcelona leads Real Madrid: 39-34

Boxscore: http://jvbeta.acb.com/jornada/LACB/56/47

--

Lorbek in foul trouble, picked up his 3rd foul a couple minutes into the 3rd quarter had to be taken out; pretty low key game for him so far: 2 pts, 4 boards

--

Anytime Barcelona goes up 8-9 pts, Real makes a run to get back within 2-3, probably end up being a close game
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thread Information