Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks to have a pretty diverse offensive game in those few highlights.

Looks OK to me - not a great athlete, but could add more than just a 3 point shot like Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he might be better than advertised down low on the block. Something the Spurs desperately need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Yup. A low post threat to help out 21 and 22 wouldn't be so bad. Besides, the Spurs don't have a #1 at the moment, the Euro stashes may be the only way to bolster the bench.

I'm about ready for Matty B. to be amnestied. His regular season good, playoffs season bad act is just a little old for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found YT of video link I posted above:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the guy has a quicker release from range than does bonner that's for sure. Unlike tiago this guy WILL be able to play next to td. The more I see the more I like. Looking more and more like we schooled the pacers in that trade last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading today's Spanish articles, some comments:
    - Lorbek was sick for the game 5. He fainted the morning of the game and had dizziness during the games. He didn't participate in the post game celebration and was bring home by the team doctor because he hasn't been cleared to drive.
    - When asked about his future after the game, Lorbek declined to comment.
    - Rumors are still strong that eh would join Spurs: http://www.marca.com/2012/06/17/balo...339919336.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the guy has a quicker release from range than does bonner that's for sure. Unlike tiago this guy WILL be able to play next to td. The more I see the more I like. Looking more and more like we schooled the pacers in that trade last summer.
    Except for that Jefferson trade RC has outsmarted nearly every front office (though you could argue getting rid of the zombies on the roster was the master plan)

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Except for that Jefferson trade RC has outsmarted nearly every front office (though you could argue getting rid of the zombies on the roster was the master plan)
    The thing about the Spurs is that they always clean up their mistakes. See: Rose, Malik; Nesterovich, Rasho; Jefferson, Richard.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading today's Spanish articles, some comments:
    - Lorbek was sick for the game 5. He fainted the morning of the game and had dizziness during the games. He didn't participate in the post game celebration and was bring home by the team doctor because he hasn't been cleared to drive.
    - When asked about his future after the game, Lorbek declined to comment.
    At least he choked before the game and not during, like Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the highlights, he certainly appears to be as skilled offensively as has been advertised. Though, he looks weak physically and defensively. Yet if he can push Bonner off the Spurs roster for good, bring him on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the are 3 truths and those are Death, Taxes, and Bonner sucks. This guy is way better then Bonner and our second unit needs players that can hit the open shot and create their own shots he can do both. Sign him and somehow get a good second round pick by trading Neal or Blair, Bonner and pick up a legit big with potential......God though I hate the word potential when describing a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me very much of Okur. I think that overall, that is about as best as you could hope for if he translates well. He moves very slow on the low block - similar to a Marc Gasol, but he doesn't seem to possess the strength of Gasol.

He looks to obviously be a talented player, but I have strong concerns about his ability to translate his game - especially defensively. Haven't seen a lot, but I can only imagine his stuggles trying to defend the PnR.

Don't get me wrong - for the price he would have to take to come over, I'll take him. I will take guys who are winners at any level - especially a level at which he is currently playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Plan A, B, and C to replace Lorbek is Mirza Teletović

http://encestando.es/?p=33310&utm_so...medium=twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Lorbek will stay in Barcelona anyway as supposedly there budget should go down this year. But there were rumors about a month ago that Armani Jeans Milano was very interested in Lorbek's services. However, the MVP award might change a lot in how he is viewed in Barcelona.

Also, in a brief interview with Slovene online news portal SiOL Lorbek said that he has no idea yet where his future lies and that he has not talked with the management staff of Barcelona about this yet. He also said that NBA is one of the options he is considering and that he will have to make a decision soon. (In Slovenian language - http://www.siol.net/sportal/kosarka/...tev_v_zda.aspx )

Here is an interesting analysis of actions set up for centers in Barcelona - first part is mostly about Lorbek

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Loberk's athleticism compared to Kurt Thomas and Marc Gasol?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Loberk's athleticism compared to Kurt Thomas and Marc Gasol?
    He is equal to Marc Gasol,...

when Marc was 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek is having a great season, especially in the Euroleague:
    http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...ayer?pcode=BWL

I would say he has been the second best Euroleague big behind Krstic. I would rather have Lorbek than Blair and Bonner.
    You and I agree that our main need is for a good PF who can play with Duncan. My preference is that he should be athletic, can play defense and rebound and able to roam the perimeter to help space the floor. (don't want much do I?)

Everything I've read about Lorbeck seems to focus on his offensive skills. But what about his defense? I read about very slow foot speed and resulting poor defense.

It seems he's like Splitter but with worse defensive skills.

If we can't play Splitter with Duncan, why would we be able to play Lorbeck with Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and I agree that our main need is for a good PF who can play with Duncan. My preference is that he should be athletic, can play defense and rebound and able to roam the perimeter to help space the floor. (don't want much do I?)
    Well, then your preference isn't Lorbek.

Everything I've read about Lorbeck seems to focus on his offensive skills. But what about his defense? I read about very slow foot speed and resulting poor defense.
    Lorbek is a solid defender in Europe but isn't dominant on that side of the court. It's sure that he could struggle in the NBA against quick/athletic bigs.

It seems he's like Splitter but with worse defensive skills.

If we can't play Splitter with Duncan, why would we be able to play Lorbeck with Duncan.
    Lorbek isn't at all like Splitter. The reason why Pop hasn't played more Duncan with Splitter is because he thinks they can't mesh offensively. He shouldn't have this concern with Lorbek given his great offensive versatility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was looking at a highlight video for Lorbek 2012 and he had a lot of jumpers in it plus some close to the basket shots, not dunks.

I then went back to look at some Tiago highlights and I saw mostly dunks and close to the basket shots. Tiago has no mid-range game or jumper that I know of or have seen.

Unlike Lorbek, Tiago does not shoot jumpers or mid-range shots. After seeing Lorbek's highlight video I will be excited if we can pick up Lorbek. We will have the option to play Duncan with Lorbek and play Splitter with Lorbek. If we can keep Diaw we will be looking good. If we can't keep Diaw hopefully we can get another big with some sort of mid-range game and good defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was looking at a highlight video for Lorbek 2012 and he had a lot of jumpers in it plus some close to the basket shots, not dunks.

I then went back to look at some Tiago highlights and I saw mostly dunks and close to the basket shots. Tiago has no mid-range game or jumper that I know of or have seen.

Unlike Lorbek, Tiago does not shoot jumpers or mid-range shots. After seeing Lorbek's highlight video I will be excited if we can pick up Lorbek. We will have the option to play Duncan with Lorbek and play Splitter with Lorbek. If we can keep Diaw we will be looking good. If we can't keep Diaw hopefully we can get another big with some sort of mid-range game and good defense.
    You had to go back and look at Euro footage to figure out that Tiago has no jump shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping it was more of a once-used long lost skill set.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I was hoping it was more of a once-used long lost skill set.
    Right. The Spurs suppressing a big man's jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homestly if he contributes anyting better than Bomner's spot up 3s and shyhook Lorbek will be an amazing upgrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest rumor is that CSKA, with their new coach Messina, has madea an offer to Lorbek:
    http://encestando.es/?p=33689

If it's true, it isn't a good news at all for Spurs. CSKA is pretty much the team in Europe with the most money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dors he value money more than a ring and a chance to play with a hall of famer and two potential candidates?

Thread Information