Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High percentage shooting (Ridiculously high percentage), decent rebounds, and virtually no turnovers. Also, hard to see reasons fit wise that he wouldn't see the floor.

Definitely want to see him come over next year. A contract similar to Splitters deal would be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any idea what his going rate would be next season? I'd love to sign him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs are below the cap, the full room exception ($5.3M/2years) should be enough to get Lorbek. He should be a little cheaper to get than Splitter because he will be a free agent and won't have a buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's contract this year is in the 3.6M range. How is Lorbek cheaper than Splitter if you're talking about 5.3M?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's contract this year is in the 3.6M range. How is Lorbek cheaper than Splitter if you're talking about 5.3M?
    It's $5.3M for the two years ($2.6M for the first one, and $2.7M for the second one).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek is having a great season, especially in the Euroleague:
    http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...ayer?pcode=BWL

I would say he has been the second best Euroleague big behind Krstic. I would rather have Lorbek than Blair and Bonner.
    Wow, he could shout from 3pt line? Pop would like him.
    Hopefully the Spurs could pack Bonner/Blair and the first round pick together to get a higher pick.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's $5.3M for the two years ($2.6M for the first one, and $2.7M for the second one).
    I think this contract would be appropriate.

(I can see him ask for something like 3 years / 10-11 million, similar to Splitter, but this is to much IMO.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs are below the cap, the full room exception ($5.3M/2years) should be enough to get Lorbek. He should be a little cheaper to get than Splitter because he will be a free agent and won't have a buyout.
    Is this more than he makes at Barca?

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High percentage shooting (Ridiculously high percentage), decent rebounds, and virtually no turnovers. Also, hard to see reasons fit wise that he wouldn't see the floor.

Definitely want to see him come over next year. A contract similar to Splitters deal would be good.
    I am actually pretty interested in the fouls recieved category. Seems like he can draw a foul.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed him or this thread but sounds like he could have been potentially helpful this season.

At the age 28 (maybe 29 if we decide to consider him next season?) I don't expect him to demand anything less than 3 million a year. This will probably be his biggest and longest contract with a NBA team so hes going to want to milk it.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just owned Maccabi Tel Aviv... In my opinion the best PF/C in Europe right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just owned Maccabi Tel Aviv... In my opinion the best PF/C in Europe right now.
    Yep, he was great in the clutch time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, he was great in the clutch time.
    Great to hear..

Since it looks like the Spurs are gearing up for a big FA signing, Lorbek is probably a back up plan right now. Don't expect the spurs to land a big time free agent so I'm expecting them to split the 10 million (?) available for several players. Do we know what Lorbek's interest in the NBA/Spurs looks like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since it looks like the Spurs are gearing up for a big FA signing, Lorbek is probably a back up plan right now.
    Disagree.
    Spurs first option should be to sign a big FA and Lorbek with either the remaining cap room or the room exception.
    A PF/C rotation of Duncan, FA, Splitter and Lorbek would be great.

Do we know what Lorbek's interest in the NBA/Spurs looks like?
    Lorbek said his rights being traded to SA has renew his interest in going to the NBA. Saying that, it's fully possible that he decides to finally stay in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 questions. When is he eligible to come over to the NBA? And is there a decent chance (if at all) that he does come over this season?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 questions. When is he eligible to come over to the NBA? And is there a decent chance (if at all) that he does come over this season?
    Wikipedia via some spanish site, tells that he could leave Barca for NBA after this season. His 3yrs contract with Barcelona is due to expire after this season.

I think it is his last chance to go to NBA. When he will be 30 years old , he may not get chance. It is low risk for him, becasue whenever he wants to return to Europe, there will be plenty of them willing to sign him right after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But when does the season with Barcelona end?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.koobin.com/euroleague/index.php

They are 2 games in the season so far (standings link), the next game is played at the beginning of Feb.

Says the final games will be played May 11 and 13th so their season being over is quite a ways off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see of this player, the more I am impressed. Thanks for the insight. Could anyone shed light on his defense? From the videos and conversation here I still dont have a sense (looks slow?).

If he comes, you have to think Bonner is on his way out, and that Blair moves to a more appropriate role as energizer off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May or June.

It will likely be in June because Barcelona should go far in the Spanish league playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree.
    Spurs first option should be to sign a big FA and Lorbek with either the remaining cap room or the room exception.
    A PF/C rotation of Duncan, FA, Splitter and Lorbek would be great.
    Poor wording on my part but I meant to say what you said. Because I don't expect us to make a splash on a 10-12 million single player contract, I think we'll see the money split into multiple players. And from what I'm reading in this thread, Lorbek is definitely a nice option.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think Lorbek should be in the plans. If TD just retires, amnesty RJ then try to sign Hibbert or some similar quality big(or rather, give an offer sheet and see it matched) and sign Lorbek as the 3rd/4th big.

If TD stays, signing two bigs, one of them being Lorbek would be a good option. (Diaw, Bass sort of player, in terms of quality/salary) as the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end and if he comes, i think he will be here in the wrong time. We desperately need him now, not in 1 or 2 years.

Too bad

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love for Lorbek to come over and complete our bigman rotation. But he may have second thoughts about coming to the Spurs after seeing how Tiago was treated during his rookie season. Something tells me he may not want to risk being benched his rookie season especially at this stage of his career?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love for Lorbek to come over and complete our bigman rotation. But he may have second thoughts about coming to the Spurs after seeing how Tiago was treated during his rookie season. Something tells me he may not want to risk being benched his rookie season especially at this stage of his career?
    , pop is a legend and players all over the world want to play for him. There are some who do not seem to think Pop is a good coach and most of them post here on ST ..

Thread Information