Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would definitely take him on my team if I was a GM over Dirk.

Lame greek troll is lame

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easier to believe you are just lying because you make up all the time.
    Nope, I found it. His head is above the rim! Above. The. Rim.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another decent game last night. (16 and 5 in 25 minutes)
    Barca improved to 4-0 in the top 16 stage and is looking like the team to beat this Euroleague season. and Lorbek is looking like their best player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are the chances of this guy ever being a Spur?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He' seems a lot more interested in playing for the Spurs then the Pacers, and if it wasn't for the lockout I think he would be playing for us. I think Spurs will sign him for the mini MLE this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He' seems a lot more interested in playing for the Spurs then the Pacers, and if it wasn't for the lockout I think he would be playing for us. I think Spurs will sign him for the mini MLE this summer.
    I wouldn't expect him to get the MLE. I would expect a contract similar to Tiago's in my opinion. No way you invest the mle in a player with 0 experience in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question for people who know his game is he someone who can be on the floor with Splitter?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question for people who know his game is he someone who can be on the floor with Splitter?
    yea. Tiago is a center and Lorbek is a PF. They both played long time in the Spanish league, so I think they would be perfect together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't expect him to get the MLE. I would expect a contract similar to Tiago's in my opinion. No way you invest the mle in a player with 0 experience in the NBA.
    he said mini MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just had 12 & 6 in win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was talking about the new cba midlevel exception for teams with cap room that starts at $2.5 million. I hope Lorbek can take that kind of contract for 2 guaranteed years, and a team option for a 3rd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was talking about the new cba midlevel exception for teams with cap room that starts at $2.5 million. I hope Lorbek can take that kind of contract for 2 guaranteed years, and a team option for a 3rd.
    agreed..I think both sides would agree to that contract..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone should make a SpursBookie bet on whether he joins the Spurs this summer or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone should make a SpursBookie bet on whether he joins the Spurs this summer or not.
    Wait up until after draft. Who Spurs take, later you can count the odds for Lorbek coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think the draft pick is crucial for that decission? common, there are so many other questions much more relevant.
    first: what will Timmy do? and if he adds another year or two, at what price.
    second: what strategie will the Spurs follow with their cap money?
    third: what will Lorbek demand. after this season he will see several nice offers from European top teams on the table. (including from Barca and believe me, noone leaves a city like Barcelona to make less money somewhere else). are the Spurs willing to pay that price?

the draft will be a minor factor in this picture.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The price is kind of set isn't it?

The good bigs that've come over from Europe in a position to negotiate(i.e., not on 1st round scale) have all pretty much got 3 years, 9 million. Splitter, Scola, Pekovic and Marc Gasol have all been in that range. If the Spurs would offer that much(I think they should, those guys have all been good value and Lorbek seems like a fit) and Lorbek would take that money(quite possible, though I can certainly understand the lure of Barcelona). Whatever the draft pick is, they'd bring him over. If it's a big, we could use another quality guy(He'd be ahead in the rotation compared to #25 pick), and if it's another spot, we'd need a big.

Basically, I agree with mountainballer. FA choices, rather than the draft effect whether he comes over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are right, that's the price, but the range is a bit higher these days.
    Pekovic: 3/13, Splitter: 3/11, Gasol: 3/10
    so, considering the lower pay rise and let's guess the asking price from Lorbek is pretty much identical to Tiago's, my guess is the contract will start at 3.5-3.8 million.
    sorry, but there is no way he signs for 2 years and 5 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No rookie this year the Spurs get will be as good or better than him, that's for sure. And I bet the Spurs will draft some guard or an undersized big, cause that's how they roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are right, that's the price, but the range is a bit higher these days.
    Pekovic: 3/13, Splitter: 3/11, Gasol: 3/10
    so, considering the lower pay rise and let's guess the asking price from Lorbek is pretty much identical to Tiago's, my guess is the contract will start at 3.5-3.8 million.
    sorry, but there is no way he signs for 2 years and 5 million.
    You have to look too at the buyout situation. Lorbek might be cheaper than these players because he doesn't have one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No rookie this year the Spurs get will be as good or better than him, that's for sure. And I bet the Spurs will draft some guard or an undersized big, cause that's how they roll.
    Again, the spurs will be drafting best player available with there late pick..If its a guard or foreign player then so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to look too at the buyout situation. Lorbek might be cheaper than these players because he doesn't have one.
    the Pekovic buy out was 1 million and was there really a buy out left for Splitter in 2010? (what number?). don't know about Gasol.
    so or so, the buy out issue might have affected the overall numbers by 1 maybe 2 million, but not by 5 or more.

another point we shouldn't ignore: these other players were 23, 24, 25, when they signed their 3 years NBA contracts. they all knew they can expect one more big pay day after this contract. (Gasol already got his)

Lorbek will be 28 this summer. so his situations is a bit different. his chance to land another big contract will be significantly smaller. that's why I don't expect him to lower his asking price.
    Last edited by mountainballer; 02-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek will be 28 this summer. so his situations is a bit different. his chance to land another big contract will be significantly smaller. that's why I don't expect him to lower his asking price.
    yeah, but it is also his last chance to play NBA. And I believe, his dream, could only happen by accepting Spurs` offer. He took NBA leave clause in his deal with Barcelona.

I think he would be willing to sign 2 yrs, 5 to 6 mil. No buyout for him, so no extra expenses.

He earned his money, playing in rich, at the time, CSKA, and now in rich Barcelona. At 30, with 2 years experience in NBA, he still could sign 4 -5 yrs deal or be back to Europe.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, but it is also his last chance to play NBA. And I believe, his dream, could only happen by accepting Spurs` offer. He took NBA leave clause in his deal with Barcelona.

I think he would be willing to sign 2 yrs, 5 to 6 mil. No buyout for him, so no extra expenses.

He earned his money, playing in rich, at the time, CSKA, and now in rich Barcelona. At 30, with 2 years experience in NBA, he still could sign 4 -5 yrs deal or be back to Europe.
    His agent will make it 3 years 10-12 million. Even if its a player option but theres no way his agent allows his sign for 2 years 5 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His agent will make it 3 years 10-12 million. Even if its a player option but theres no way his agent allows his sign for 2 years 5 million.
    3 yrs for 10 mil. is about right for a player like Lorbek..Wouldn't expect the spurs much more than this though

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 yrs for 10 mil. is about right for a player like Lorbek..Wouldn't expect the spurs much more than this though
    Agreed, beyond 3 yrs 10-12 million, his agent has no leverage.

Thread Information