Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Express giving him props:

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
    Erazem Lorbek has been one of the best players in the Euroleague. Looks like a clear-cut NBA rotation big man. Super skilled inside & out.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
    Erazem Lorbek starting to heat up now. Spurs are out here in full force and are hot on his trail supposedly trying to get him for 2012-13.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet thanks for posting. To think this guy was treated as an afterthought in the Hill trade by many. Looks like it'll all be up to Lorbek this summer whether he comes or not given the spurs' interest level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting it.

It's a good news that Spurs are interested in bringing him even if it isn't surprising. If Spurs have asked that he was included in the Hill/Leonard trade, there was a good reason behind that move.

Barcelona just beat Caja Laboral 66-57. Lorbek 26 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Givony guy is a freaking re . I guarantee you he has NEVER seen any of the European players play.

This guy is such a damn fraud.

"looks like a clear cut NBS rotation big man".

This guy should be shut down. He is a complete fraud.

Anyone that ever saw Lorbek play would know he is better than most NBA players years ago. Givony's site should be shut down. I am so sick of him and his endless untrue BS that he writes there.
    If you do not like what he has to say then do not go to his site..Problem solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Givony guy is a freaking re . I guarantee you he has NEVER seen any of the European players play.

Anyone that ever saw Lorbek play would know he is better than most NBA players years ago. Givony's site should be shut down. I am so sick of him and his endless untrue BS that he writes there.
    shot your mouth boy!! you said the same crap about tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow at 11:00am CST, Barcelona will face Madrid for the final of the Copa Del Rey. Highly recommended game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow at 11:00am CST, Barcelona will face Madrid for the final of the Copa Del Rey. Highly recommended game.
    Is it possible we can sign him after tomorrow's game? the spurs really need a big man badly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very last vid on this page, shows highlights of him during the game today: http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=82644

If he does sign with the Spurs, I wonder how much Pop allows him shoot the 3, or will strictly keep him down in the post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well our team is playing lights out who would have thought we would have this record with Manu missing all these games? I think most of us were looking at us getting the 15th draft pick and now we probably be drafting 26th. Glad to see most of us were wrong but even though we are playing good ball we are going to need a player like Lorbek to get us through all of those seven game series. So can we sign and bring this guy over this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible we can sign him after tomorrow's game? the spurs really need a big man badly
    Lorbek is an option for this summer when he will be a free agent. While there are some teams in Europe ready to let go a player in the middle of the season provided a buyout, Barcelona is a way too big and rich team to do so.
    Last edited by Bruno; 02-19-2012 at 08:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any link to watch the game today?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, let me guess, you have been PROVEN 100% right about Lorbek too.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so far he's very bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Madrid won 91-74.

Madrid's guards (Carroll and Llull) were great. I've liked too Begic who confirms a very good Eurobasket. For Barcelona, N'Dong was very good.

After a slow start, Lorbek shoot the ball well to end up with 15 points. He wasn't good closer to the rim. Defensively, he did a surprisingly good job against the quicker Mirotic. Off course, he isn't a force on the board or at protecting the rim

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real destroyed Barca.
    damn, the game reminded me why I liked Llull so much in the 2009 draft. Rockets will be very happy, if he ever comes overseas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the main problem I see with Lorbek is he doesn't have great rebounding stats.

boxscore: http://www.acb.com/fichas/CREY76007.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Madrid won 91-74.

Madrid's guards (Carroll and Llull) were great. I've liked too Begic who confirms a very good Eurobasket. For Barcelona, N'Dong was very good.

After a slow start, Lorbek shoot the ball well to end up with 15 points. He wasn't good closer to the rim. Defensively, he did a surprisingly good job against the quicker Mirotic. Off course, he isn't a force on the board or at protecting the rim
    What's a great site for watching Lorbek's games? A couple of years ago I had a great site for Splitter that had an extensive archive of games, it was ESPN3.com, or FIBA.com or something.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learn how to evaluate players. "Splitter is Jeff Foster."

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learn how to evaluate players. "Splitter is Jeff Foster."
    To be fair, Killbill likes Lorbek quite a bit and has spoken very highly of him.

If it wasn't for guys like Bruno and Mountainballer I might be convinced that Lorbek is horrible based on how much killbill likes him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a great site for watching Lorbek's games? A couple of years ago I had a great site for Splitter that had an extensive archive of games, it was ESPN3.com, or FIBA.com or something.
    No idea. There are some full games on youtube if you want to have a better on Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched a few Lorbek games yesterday (not that Finals game, though) and I'm pretty damn impressed. Yeah, he's not a fluid athlete and his rebounding potential probably maxes out at Bonner's level ... but the guy is talented as . If he were even a B athlete (instead of being a C athlete) he'd be a can't-miss prospect. As it is, I think the Spurs have to bring him over.

At worst, he's a player who should be able to step into the stretch four role off the bench once Bonner declines (which will probably be after next season at the latest). At best, he's a middle class version of Memo Okur. Considering Okur was an All-Star once upon a time, that's a pretty damn high ceiling.

The best thing about him is that his skillset works so well next to both Duncan and Splitter. And Parker, for that matter.

Euro bigs have been translating really well recently. Plus his cost can't be too outrageous given his situation. It'd be a little bit of a gamble if it takes a Splitter-sized contract to land him ... but I think it's a gamble the Spurs have to take considering the alternatives. There's not going to be a bigman in the draft or in free agency that they can land for similar money that has as high of a ceiling.

*hops on the Lorbek bandwagon*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can watch live games on bookie site bet365.com. They have euroleague streams and 2 or more ACB games a week. I don`t know if it is totally free, cause I have there 0.01 balance, just to watch streams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the big question if he did sign with the Spurs, would Pop allow him to play the stretch 4/5 and shoot 3s? His biggest attribute that at 6'11, can hit a decent clip from 3 (35-40%) plus can score inside; would be the perfect combination to possibly derail Pop's man love for Bonner.

Also if he plays the stretch 4/5, he would have to switch to the post for defense purposes, because even watching the game last night he had trouble on the PnR defense. Unlike Splitter who I'm never worried when he gets matched with a guard on the perimeter.

But I'll take a frontline of Duncan, Splitter, and Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ace3g;5658026]That would be the big question if he did sign with the Spurs, would Pop allow him to play the stretch 4/5 and shoot 3s? His biggest attribute that at 6'11, can hit a decent clip from 3 (35-40%) plus can score inside; would be the perfect combination to possibly derail Pop's man love for Bonner.

Also if he plays the stretch 4/5, he would have to switch to the post for defense purposes, because even watching the game last night he had trouble on the PnR defense. Unlike Splitter who I'm never worried when he gets matched with a guard on the perimeter.

But I'll take a frontline of Duncan, Splitter, and Lorbek.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Bonner..., you will see Lorbek andTD playing alot together and Bonner with Splitter. The Bonner splitter duo has actually done very well since Tiago passes so well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thx for the insight as always. For those informed, how does Lorbek compare to Mirotic? I read some espn opinion piece the other day indicating how the Bulls got the steal of last years draft with Mirotic, but I'm alway skeptical about such claims. Who has the better NBA ceiling?

Thread Information