Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek signed a 3 years contract:
    http://www.fcbarcelona.es/baloncesto...-erazem-lorbek

I haven't followed news about him once it was clear it would stay in Barcelona so I don't know if there are some NBA out options in his new contract.
    Thanks, Bruno!

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. But that post doesn't say nothing about the existence of an nba escape clause...that's the only point I was asking about.
    btw. "that post" was an answer to a question about the contract Navarro got from Barcelona. not to mistake with the Lorbek contract numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek and FC Barcelona are playing the Mavs right now on NBATV

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Why are people still talking about this clown? He made his choice, and locked himself in in Europe until long past the age he could make the jump. He was borderline that age this summer before choosing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming Lorbek is never going to be a Spur, but... does anyone know if he has an NBA out option for this summer? If so, does anyone think the Spurs still have interest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek is having a very disappointing season. I'm sure Barcelona would welcome freeing him of his contract instead of having to give Lorbek a huge salary for his poor production.

Saying that, I don't see why Spurs would be interested in giving Lorbek the big contract it would take for him to leave Barcelona. After his bad season, they likely think they dodged a bullet with Lorbek deciding to stay in Spain last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno. I didn't follow him, but his numbers definitely looked worse this year. Seems like he might have been playing for a contract last year and once he got it lost his motivation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he has lost all his motivation to play basketball. It's kind of funny how Jawai lost a lot of weight through the season and Lorbek got fatter. Probably that wouldn't have happened if he had signed a contract with the Spurs, but that's something we'll never know.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From tdunk21 in Spurs Forum free agency thread:
    According to Sportando.com, Slovenian center Erazem Lorbek and FC Barcelona are in the process of a contract buyout with Lorbek entering the final year of his contract.
    Though he was originally drafted by the Indiana Pacers, Lorbek’s draft rights are held by the San Antonio Spurs, as they acquired Lorbek’s rights in the draft night trade for Kawhi Leonard, when the Spurs sent George Hill to the Indiana Pacers in 2011.
    http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...ct-buyout.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot all about this guy. Probably trying to get a better co tract with another euro club. At 30 his shot at the nba seems slim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turned the page on him once Bertans was drafted. this guy is 30...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And becoming injury prone, at least it looks like. Last year it was the knee, this year it is the ankle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were acquired in the same draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were acquired in the same draft.
    i stand corrected then. lorbek is considerably older, and i just think his window has passed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i stand corrected then. lorbek is considerably older, and i just think his window has passed
    Sure, and I agree. Was just clarifying that most of us didn't even know that Lorbek was part of the Hill trade until after Bertans was drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. And isn't this proof that draft and stash is wasteful? are Manu/Splitter the exception or the rule?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. And isn't this proof that draft and stash is wasteful? are Manu/Splitter the exception or the rule?
    For Splitter it's the rule of a first rounder being successful, developing, and making it over to an open roster spot.

For Manu it's the exception for a 2nd to last pick in the draft to develop and make it over.

It may be wasteful when a foreign pick doesn't pan out... but it may be because:
    1) they weren't good enough for the NBA
    2) they were good enough for the NBA, but not good enough to beat out a player already on the NBA roster
    3) they don't like the US or team/FO culture
    4) they can make more money or be a star overseas rather than fight for playing time in the NBA

For the case that they are good enough for the NBA, but not good enough to make the team (that holds their rights)... I'd love to see a rule change.
    After 3 years, the drafted player is no longer bound by rookie scale (applies only to 1st round picks)... but I'd like to see them add to that... if a player is not added to the team by the player's age of 30, he becomes a free agent and available to all teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    draft and stash is a viable strategy if your roster/cap situation doesn't really want rookie guaranteed deals. with 2nd round picks, you might as well. most 2nd rounders don't make final rosters, and most are d-league fodder that don't get called up. if thats the case, you're better off taking an international with more upside, who might take 3-5 years to come over instead of burning it on a guy like jack mcclinton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erazem Lorbek Agrees To Buyout With Barcelona
    Aug 28, 2014 9:57 AM EDT

Erazem Lorbek and Barcelona have agreed upon a contract buyout.

Lorbek was originally drafted by the Indiana Pacers, but his draft rights were dealt to the San Antonio Spurs as part of the Kawhi Leonard trade in 2011.

The Spurs have just one remaining roster spot available.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...With-Barcelona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Project Spurs is reporting Lorbek is hoping to join the Spurs.

http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...the-spurs.html

What a bag. He spurned us 2 years ago in favor of Europe because he wanted to earn more money. But now that his career is in shambles, he comes crying back to us, hoping that we'll take him back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Project Spurs is reporting Lorbek is hoping to join the Spurs.

http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...the-spurs.html

What a bag. He spurned us 2 years ago in favor of Europe because he wanted to earn more money. But now that his career is in shambles, he comes crying back to us, hoping that we'll take him back?
    No room at the inn. Maybe he and Boursis can get together to discuss who is the biggest idiot for not signing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No room at the inn. Maybe he and Boursis can get together to discuss who is the biggest idiot for not signing here.
    I totally forgot about that guy. Kill_Bill_Pana.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait for spanoulis to join the dance

Thread Information