"I like to sleep late because I have this new invention called a DVR "

/lefty
    Wrong

Because Im lazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Cologne, Arsenal agree on Podolski

BERLIN (AP) -German daily Bild is reporting that Cologne and Arsenal have agreed on the transfer of Germany international Lukas Podolski.

The newspaper says on its website that Podolski will transfer to the Premier League side at the end of the season for a fee of ?13 million ($17.1 million).

Bild reports that the 26-year-old Podolski has agreed a four year deal with Arsenal that will double his current salary to around ?7 million ($9.2 million) per year.

Podolski has scored 16 of Cologne's 31 league goals this season.

He previously criticized club officials for failing to keep their promise to build a compe ive team.

Attempts to contact the Bundesliga club for comment were unsuccessful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite Arsenal player these past few weeks. He's picked it up big time, been tearing it in the middle and is a big reason why they're 3-0 these past few weeks ever since Ramsey has been out after that Sunderland disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WIll the Gunners recover ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you think Arsenal will end up after it's all said and done, top 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arsenal will finish 4th, they have a fairly easy run in and Chelse suck ass. Can't see the overtaking Tottenham though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus... Chicharito played like throughout the game vs Bilbao... and Muniain is a ing beast.. and De Gea saved ManU from an assrape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't all the spanish teams sans Barca and Madrid supossed to be ? Maybe, just maybe the spanish league isn't as bad as most people think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't all the spanish teams sans Barca and Madrid supossed to be ? Maybe, just maybe the spanish league isn't as bad as most people think.
    Although ManU got outplayed, 2 of the goals shouldn't have happened.

This should have ended in draw, either 1-1 or 2-2..

One of the goals was offside, and the last one was just laziness... De Gea's reactions after blocking the first shot were kind of late.. and Rafael never saw Muniain coming, and the shot really sneaked in there as well.. I noticed the game announcer stayed quiet for like 15 seconds because he wasn't sure if it went in or not.

Not making excuses for the team, but mistakes were made... it was a sloppy one..

I wouldn't necessarily say Bilbao is a bad team, but yes La Liga is still only 2 teams.. Muniain is a of a player, they showed guts going to Old Trafford and outplaying ManU the way they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ManU got badly outplayed by Bilbao, they were lucky to lose by just one.

Either way, I wasn't discussing this game I was arguing the bull claim that all the Spanish teams except Barca and Madrid are a joke. I think tonight that theory was brutally rebuked. If the Spanish league is a two teams race is because Barca and Madrid are simply too good. Any league with those two would be a two teams league.

The EPL can be more exciting, more fun, etc. but it isn't better than the Spanish league, or at least not better by the margin everybody says it is. I always have to hear stupid things like "the EPL is a level or more above the Spanish League", "Barcelona and Madrid win so easily 'cause the rest of the league is weak", "Messi and Barcelona wouldn't be able to do what they do in England", etc, etc, etc. Re ed arguments that are simply not true.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like I was saying, the EPL isn't in another level compared to the Spanish league. Either way, those things are crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ManU got badly outplayed by Bilbao, they were lucky to lose by just one.

Either way, I wasn't discussing this game I was arguing the bull claim that all the Spanish teams except Barca and Madrid are a joke. I think tonight that theory was brutally rebuked. If the Spanish league is a two teams race is because Barca and Madrid are simply too good. Any league with those two would be a two teams league.
    Bingo.

And Bilbao are legit. Munain, llorente, javi martinez and even Ander Herrera are all great players. The PL is the most over rated league in the world. That has been proven again and again this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that they're , just compared to Barca and Madrid they are.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of the goals was offside, and the last one was just laziness... De Gea's reactions after blocking the first shot were kind of late.. and Rafael never saw Muniain coming, and the shot really sneaked in there as well.. I noticed the game announcer stayed quiet for like 15 seconds because he wasn't sure if it went in or not.

Not making excuses for the team, but mistakes were made... it was a sloppy one..

I wouldn't necessarily say Bilbao is a bad team, but yes La Liga is still only 2 teams.. Muniain is a of a player, they showed guts going to Old Trafford and outplaying ManU the way they did.
    aaah I see, so just a fluke then? Man U is still the better team, but a few mistakes were the reason they lost to a clearly inferior side...

You know, I thought it was pretty hilarious watching Man U handle their failure to qualify for the Champions as embarrassing. As if the Europa League was something beneath them. Now it turns out they got outplayed by one of those Spanish teams that supposedly are just there to fill space in la liga. No offense, but that bull just don't cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo.

And Bilbao are legit. Munain, llorente, javi martinez and even Ander Herrera are all great players. The PL is the most over rated league in the world. That has been proven again and again this season.

For pure excitement/unpredictability I'd say it's definitely a contender for the best but the technical side of it is severely overrated, especially with the explosion of big money teams.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On that last goal... Evra loosing a shoe during play (foul or not) shouldn't have translated to Bilbao being gifted the possession (especially since ManU had the ball at the time the referree stopped play)... IIRC, according to the rule book it should have been a drop ball situation... The refusal of "fair play" from Athletic Bilbao, therefore, is what provided the long ball that made that last goal possible...

I also laughed when they called Hernández offsides even though the leading pass originated a full 2 meters ahead of his position... and at the non-call when he was yanked from his waist in the box as he was trying to position himself for a shot (defender should have been whistled for a foul)...

The officiating, as difficult as it may be, was horrible in this match...
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 03-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are hundreds of incidents where United got bad calls there way. It's nice to see it going the other way for a change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are hundreds of incidents where United got bad calls there way. It's nice to see it going the other way for a change.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now, so vintage pics:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On that last goal... Evra loosing a shoe during play (foul or not) shouldn't have translated to Bilbao being gifted the possession (especially since ManU had the ball at the time the referree stopped play)... IIRC, according to the rule book it should have been a drop ball situation... The refusal of "fair play" from Athletic Bilbao, therefore, is what provided the long ball that made that last goal possible...

I also laughed when they called Hernández offsides even though the leading pass originated a full 2 meters ahead of his position... and at the non-call when he was yanked from his waist in the box as he was trying to position himself for a shot (defender should have been whistled for a foul)...

And the clear penalty that the ref didn't call against Llorente when the game was 0-0. The ref was horrible for both sides, either way Man-U got lucky to lose by just one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I forgot about that one, probably because I turned around and next thing you know they're infront of goal...

And the clear penalty that the ref didn't call against Llorente when the game was 0-0. The ref was horrible for both sides, either way Man-U got lucky to lose by just one.
    You mean the one where Llorente was called for the foul? I don't think that was a penalty and I think the ref called that one right.

No one's taking away the win from Bilbao but if you just look at the score.. there's a lot of that went a long with it, overall a messy match. Props to Bilbao, Llorente, and Muniain, but it still is just one game... we'll see how well they do at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gio

Thread Information