San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL Dalglish
    Leprechaun

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Says he "stepped down" pushed out, and I am glad. Just sucks that Clarke left out of respect for Kenny.

I want AVB. He was trying to do in Chelsea what Liverpool is already trying to do. Build for the future. Sell Downing and have Carra hardly never play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...erpool?cc=5901

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has told ESPN that he would advise his manager Roberto Martinez, the favourite to succeed Kenny Dalglish, to steer clear of the vacant manager's position at Liverpool.

Whelan was shocked when ESPN broke the news to him of Dalglish's sacking, even though it had been expected, and he believes that Liverpool need to find a completely new management structure.

"The club have great supporters, but the place is a morgue, a desolate place, without heart, all I can say is what a shame for their supporters," he said.

"The club needs a management structure, it needs a boardroom filled with the people running the club. When we went there, there was Alan Hansen welcoming people, it was a bit embarrassing to be honest, although he was doing his best."

Whelan also insisted that the Reds should be treating the man known as 'the King' with more respect.

"They shouldn't be sacking Kenny Dalglish, they should be making him chairman, let him run the place," he continued. "As for a new manger, I am sure they might want my manager, but he's been the favourite for the West Brom job, then favourite for the Aston Villa job, now he's favourite for the Liverpool job.

"I don't know who they will appoint, they have to sort themselves out, all I can tell you is that I haven't had an approach for Roberto.

"I hope Roberto is with me for the start of the new season, but in football you can never tell. I do know that he is an honest man, and if he is approached by anyone he will tell me about it.

"If Roberto thought he could go to another club because that club was so big and the challenge so great he couldn't resist it, then I would step aside and let him, but I wouldn't think he should go to Liverpool, he would be better off with us."

Martinez, who has impressed in four seasons at the DW Stadium, would look an obvious choice for the position at Liverpool, though Rafael Benitez would be a popular choice among many Liverpool fans. However, Fenway Sports Group, the American owners, will perhaps not wish to go for the sentimental choice once again.

---------------

Daaaaaaaaamn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sylvie van der Vaart:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which one of you won the Spurstalk Fantasy EPL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sylvie van der Vaart:

Aah money

Vdv looks like a ing monkey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Football players have the best girlfriends/wives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Football players have the best girlfriends/wives.
    All major sport athletes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All major sport athletes
    Except Lamar Odom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Lamar Odom.
    black nba players have some ty wives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drogba: I'm leaving Chelsea

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...helsea?cc=5901

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has told his team-mates that he is leaving the club this summer and says he is preparing "for a great leap into the unknown" away from Stamford Bridge.

Drogba, 34, scored a dramatic late equaliser for the Blues in Saturday's Champions League final before netting the crucial penalty in the shootout as he ended the club's long wait for a maiden European Cup triumph.

But it seems the Ivory Coast international's decisive contributions in Munich were his last for the club, as he is planning "another adventure" after eight years in West London.

"We (he and his team-mates) will not be together next season," Drogba is quoted as telling France Football magazine. "As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club. But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba's team-mates chanted for him to stay in front of jubilant Chelsea fans following Sunday's victory parade, but the striker's future now appears certain to be elsewhere.

He has been heavily tipped to join former strike partner Nicolas Anelka in China, where the Frenchman is currently player-manager at big-spending Shanghai Shenhua.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows it was all a fluke tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    trident FTW