Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I was looking for a place to post this but I couldn't find it.

Around the 1:08 minute mark.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    I want to cure cancer

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Even Fabian's first goal was the goods.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    damn...that guy was ambitious for even trying that but it worked.

and I didn't catch any of the goals from the barca-chivas game so thanks for posting them, I missed some great goals.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    There have been a couple of amazing goals in the MLS this year which I'm sure most of you are aware of:

.. damn it I can't find the one I thought would have been easy to find...perhaps wasn't in MLS then. The goal where the player juggles the ball about twice before firing away from a similar angle, believe it was a black player, do you guys know which I'm talking about?

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    nvm, I found it, and goddamn that took way too long to find considering how recent it was, how awesome the goal was, and how accurate my search keywords were. I'm still shocked, it was like youtube was challenging me to find the video as it hides it, but finally ing found it.

IMO these two goals are some of the best from all compe ion this past year, easily top 5

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    It's WPS, but this one deserves a mention

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Luis Angel Landin

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    ^ One of the best goals I've seen. Even Landin can't believe he did it.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Game winning goal U17 world cup semi final

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    ^^^not all that impressive tbh^^^

It's big because it's a game-winning semi final goal, but the actual goal is not very hard. Bicycle goals usually are sweet, but not all of them are amazing and that one is probably the least impressive bicycle goal I've ever seen. The ball was deflected and popped up into the air before it got to the scorer, it wasn't deflected from a long distance to where the scorer is and, so from a timing and kick contact aspect it should have been relatively easy to handle, and the dude was pretty close to the net so it didn't require great strength either. It's a good goal, but doesn't belong in this thread son.

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    Homer choice, but god damn we went crazy.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    ^^^not all that impressive tbh^^^

It's big because it's a game-winning semi final goal, but the actual goal is not very hard. Bicycle goals usually are sweet, but not all of them are amazing and that one is probably the least impressive bicycle goal I've ever seen. The ball was deflected and popped up into the air before it got to the scorer, it wasn't deflected from a long distance to where the scorer is and, so from a timing and kick contact aspect it should have been relatively easy to handle, and the dude was pretty close to the net so it didn't require great strength either. It's a good goal, but doesn't belong in this thread son.
    Son this kid had his head busted open like 10 minutes prior, carried out on a strecher comes in bandaged up and makes the game winning goal.

Great fcking goal

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    God damn everytime I watch Nagbe's goal.... just sick.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Son this kid had his head busted open like 10 minutes prior, carried out on a strecher comes in bandaged up and makes the game winning goal.

Great fcking goal

lol damn I didn't know all of that, that story interested me more than the goal itself...because it wasn't a great fcking goal, it was a gd goal that any single player to ever play soccer could have made on the first (if not first, definitely 2nd) attempt. That's right, not a single player ever would have required more than 2 attempts to complete that goal. Professional players.

Most of the goals posted would be hard to replicate right away even without the defense and keeper present.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    God damn everytime I watch Nagbe's goal.... just sick.
    Which is more impressive: Nagbe's or Hassli's?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I personally think I like Nagbe's more but Hassli's is ing ridiculous too. I don't know. Really tough to call. There have been some other really good goals this year too.

Honestly my favorite goal by an MLS team this year is the one that I think was by the San Jose Keeper. is just hillarious.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Obviously just a misplay by the other keeper but god damn - just hillarious.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Would have been awesome as if the keeper had run the length of the field to one of the corner flags.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    lol damn I didn't know all of that, that story interested me more than the goal itself...because it wasn't a great fcking goal, it was a gd goal
    I was agreeing with you up till this point...
    that any single player to ever play soccer could have made on the first (if not first, definitely 2nd) attempt. That's right, not a single player ever would have required more than 2 attempts to complete that goal. Professional players.
    Yeah... no.

This guy disagrees with you

Don't forget this was world cup semifinal not some friendly or during practice..

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    I have no idea who that is. But if he can't complete that kick in his 2nd try, he should not play professional soccer because I could easily kick a perfectly placed lobbed up gentle ball backwards into a goal from 6 meters out in my first couple of attempts. But most likely my first because I've played soccer as a young kid and I'm an athletic guy with some sort of coordination (actually very coordinated, but doesn't require too much compared to most athletes to put that goal in).

I already addressed the part about it winning a semi final U-17 WC game ...the fact that he came back in after being injured to score that goal in the semi final pretty much makes the goal. It's the background story, not the goal itself that's impressive. That goal is not impressive. I dare you to find a bicycle kick goal that is less impressive than that one.
    Last edited by ALVAREZ6; 08-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Thread Information